Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

100%

I love to cook and bake, and I experiment with a lot of kinds of flours. This is my standard though whenever I'm working on a new recipe.
It's very finely ground and works gorgeously in everything I've tried it with so far. In yeast breads it creates a nice fine textured bread. In baking powder/baking soda recipes like biscuits or cakes it's perfect. It's so light that it rises very well.
Last time I made dumplings using this flour, they got so light and fluffy they nearly came out of my pot. I use a combination of baking powder and baking soda in my dumplings with just a touch of vinegar in the wet ingredients for the baking powder and baking soda to work with, that technique combined with this light flour made them rise very well.
The flavor is nice if you like whole wheat.
on January 21, 2010
For pastry type baking, pie crust, fluffy pancakes, brownies, etc. this is a really nice flour. It works well with any recipe calling for baking powder and/or soda since it is very light. No need to mix whole wheat and white, just use this 100% stone ground flour. The yogurt pancakes on the bag are terrific.
on December 5, 2014
Perfect organic whole wheat flour. We use for muffins, breads, pancakes, and even pie crust. The pastry flour works great for all!
on May 21, 2013
Not good for making bread. I thought I ordered regular organic whole wheat flour and didn't notice this was pastry flour
on October 19, 2014
Excellent product and came very fresh with excellent dates on packages.