Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bob's Red Mill White Corn Popcorn, 27-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: White|Change

VINE VOICEon October 9, 2012
I am a fan of popcorn and we eat it on a regular basis. I became concerned about GMOs in the popcorn I was buying, so I decided to try Bob's Red Mill. [They have a no-GMO policy in all of their products, whether they are organic or not].

This popcorn was awesome! Fluffy, white, and very tasty. Also, I cook my popcorn the "old fashioned way" in a pan with a lid on top of the stove. This popcorn had almost a 100% pop rate. Out of an entire large pan, 5 kernels were left unpopped. With all of the other brands I've tried, I always had WAY more unpopped kernels.

You can't go wrong with this popcorn - I love it!
55 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
I recently read both reviews on Bob's Red Mill White Popcorn... the one said it was terrible. I decided to take a chance and order anyway. I was not disappointed, it is very good popcorn. We eat popcorn several times a week, and this is good popcorn. I always keep my popcorn in the freezer and take it directly from there to cook... I believe it makes all the difference. This made nice fluffy popcorn! Enjoy!

MP
22 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2013
We were looking for a non-genetically manufactured corn product and found this one by bob's red mill. At first we had trouble with many left over kernels. Then I discovered if you warmed up the popper first with no popcorn in it, then run a batch after that, they will all pop or most of them. The taste is great and natural without any additives.
on November 27, 2012
This is the best popcorn hands down, there is nothing like this, anywhere. You buy only 2 containers of Orville popcorn for the same price of 4 bag of Bob's, and it is still horrible.
This is by far the best anywhere.
Buy this and you will be amazed.
White or Yellow I use both of them, look no further!
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2013
Absolutely the best popping corn I've ever tried. We cooked it in coconut oil, with excellent success. It popped in in slightly smaller pieces than our previous brand. No issues there. The taste was nice, very fresh (made me realize how often our old popcorn seemed stale.) Interestingly, the shells did not get stuck in our teeth as much. Obviously, the GMO free is a nice bonus, but I would pick this on taste and quality on it's own without that.
on March 23, 2013
I eat popcorn every night and have tried just about every kind. I recently purchased a hot-air popper to replace one I had a very long time ago so I was unfamiliar with what popcorn wold work/taste best. I am a fan of Bob's Red Mill products, so decided to try this. I first used up another brand, OR, and was so disappointed in the results; HOWEVER, after using BRM, I was over-joyed in the results. Popped light & fluffy; little waste & very tasty. A WINNER!!!!
on March 31, 2013
Unlike some of the other popcorns we have tried in our air popper, this is not chewy at all - it has just the right amount of crunch. The size of the kernels aren't the biggest, but the texture and taste are great! I'm sure we will buy more when we run out.
on February 13, 2012
I have been ordering this popcorn from Bob's Red Mill for several years and it is great to be able to order from Amazon now. After this popcorn which is so light and clean, no other popcorn can measure up. I use the Orville Reddenbock microwave popper and it makes a great bowl of popcorn ... small or large and with or without the oil. The four pack lasts a long time and in the long run is much less expensive than the bag popcorns.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
As a student of the art of making great popcorn, I have been on a quest to find the best kernels with which to work. I believe I have found it with this product. Bob's Red Mill popcorn is terrific. I don't really care about the non GMO stuff (probably should, but don't) I am only interested in taste and texture. This deserves high marks for both. A couple quick notes, when it comes to popcorn, I go stove top using a Whirly-pop for cooking, Flavacol for seasoning (not salt), too much butter, and cook in grapeseed oil (one family member doesn't care for coconut oil). Oil is the least important part of the equation. Not unimportant, just least important.

Obviously the popcorn is the star. Bob's always cooks up almost every last kernel, which is always a plus. They are slightly smaller then some brands (such as the also excellent Great Northern) but not much so. It cooks up light and fluffy, but still maintains a nice crunch factor. Some, like Orville Red are to fluffy and almost have a stale, texture. It is like eating attic insulation (the blown in kind). This doesn't. It is firm and almost has a very faint nuttiness to it.

All in all, a terrific popcorn. Of the many Amazon and store products I have tried, this is our favorite. Great Northern has fallen to number 2.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 10, 2016
Using an air popper the kernels popped with very few pieces left un-popped. The flavor is mild and besides the smaller size, the main difference I notice is that the kernels are denser than yellow popcorn. My only issue is that the product is no longer non-GMO.

A few things to note regarding the product. The popcorn is manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, what and milk. The information on the label states it is best to keep the kernels stored in the refrigerator or freezer. The package I received had an expiration date 20 months in the future.
review image