Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on May 28, 2008
This makes good iced tea, but the design leaves a lot to be desired. The handle is at the top, so when full I need two hands to lift it - not balanced well at all. Also, the diffuser is not anchored in any way, so it floats around the pitcher when you are filling with water. Oh, and the worst, most annoying part is that the top won't stay open. The slightest touch makes it slam shut. Just hard to handle overall.
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2008
I really wanted to like it but I can't recommend this product. The construction is flimsy, particularly the lid and its attachment to the pitcher. I can see this breaking. The infuser insert slips out of its track easily, which is a minor annoyance but it just makes the thing feel cheap. The deal-breaker for me is that the infuser lets tons of tea leaves escape. I tried to brew green tea and there were so many tea leaves that escaped through the infuser that I had to pour it all out through a strainer into another container, totally defeating the purpose of this pitcher. It might work for you if you are infusing large sprigs of tea, herbs, etc. but it was useless for green tea leaves. Bodum typically makes great stuff. This is a disappointing exception. I'll think twice before buying anything plastic from Bodum in the future.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2008
I like the size of the maker but the infuser needs improvement. The holes are too big and the tea leaves come out. The infuser warped right away after it came in contact with hot water. I don't use their infuser anymore. It works great with a large mesh ball infuser on a chain. The lid is very flimsy and I don't expect it to last very long.
on September 14, 2008
I read many reviews before purchasing this item. My thoughts:
1. Absolutely the easiest way to make great iced tea. I put 10 tea bags into the infuser, then fill the pitcher half way with boiling water. Stir a little, then add sugar. I let it steep 15 minutes, longer if you want it stronger. Then pour the contents into a container and right into the fridge.
2. People complain the infuser gets dirty. Solution: use tea bags instead of loose leaf tea. I bet soaking the infuser in some bar keepers friend would dissolve a lot of that residue.
3. The lid is flimsy. Since I read reviews before I bought it, I know to be careful with the lid. The lid is the worst feature, very flimsy.
A very EASY way to make a pitcher of ice tea. Using tea bags, clean up is a SNAP. The infuser works quite well and imparts the flavor quickly.
on May 30, 2009
I have had this pitcher for about a year. The other reviews are pretty accurate. It is not balanced properly, the holes are too big for most whole leaf tea and it is an awkward shape. It can be convenient for brewing iced tea using bagged tea.

Overall it is pretty cheap (quality wise). I would pass.
on August 6, 2008
Makes iced tea easy! I was having a difficult time finding a heat proof plastic container for making iced tea, which I always like to have in the refrigerator. With Bodum Ceylon Iced Tea Maker, you just pour in the hot water and when you tea had reach the desired strength, remove the infuser, and its done.
My only complaint: I wish they had one even bigger!!!
on June 1, 2008
I bought the pitcher as a mother's day gift because our family pitcher had broken and my mother makes and consumes ridiculous amounts of tea. I have to say, it was a great buy. The pitcher arrived early, and in perfect condition. It is large enough to get several full glasses of tea from, and the slide for loose tea is great. The slide is somewhat loosely attached, which is great, because if I am just using it to make tea from bags, then I can easily remove it and have a relatively normal pitcher, but it works fine just the same. I haven't noticed any kind of warping or melting from the material, as I was worried about this upon buying a synthetic pitcher, but it has held up well with regular use. the cons? the top is a bit flimsy, and I wish the lid was removable (top=lid). I wish it had a heavier feel, because as sturdy as it is, I always feel as though it could break easily. I would say it is a very good buy, because its structure suits its function perfectly, and it accomplishes its job well, having only minor drawbacks. Verdict: buy it.
on October 17, 2008
I first saw this iced-tea maker/pitcher at my daughters house. She had fresh (decaf) green tea in it. It was DE-LISH & so refreshing! I'm not normally an iced tea drinker but it was so good and good for me too (green tea has loads of antioxidants!) - I decided to get one for myself. I had recently given up drinking sodas and was already getting tired of plain water - the 'discovery' of this iced tea maker came at just the right time. I do worry a bit that it might get broken - it's make of a rigid plastic, not a flexible plastic like a Rubbermaid or Tupperware pitcher which could take a bit more abuse. It is not flimsy at all, I'm probably worried for nothing. A plus to the rigid plastic is that it does not absorb odors. If I wanted to use this for a different type drink I could do so without making the other drink smell or taste of tea. If you like fresh tea, sun tea, etc - you will love this pitcher.
on March 21, 2016
This is a good example of a great idea with poor execution. The strainer insert in the back of the pitcher is designed to hold your tea bags or loose, whole tea leaves. IF you use a tea formulated for cold brewing, you can drop in the tea, add water (I used filtered water from the refrigerator) and put it in the refrigerator. You will have properly steeped cold tea in a few hours.

HOWEVER, the plastic from which this pitcher is made is very brittle. My pitcher arrived with a crack in the lid, despite having been properly cushioned in the shipping box. Within 2 uses, the hinge broke off the lid. Now I have to carefully lay the lid down onto the pitcher before putting it back into the fridge, else I either have a lid sunk into my tea, or no lid, which is a problem.

I didn't want to invest in a glass pitcher, which I'd just drop and break. I hope Bodum reads these reviews and considered using a softer, more durable plastic.
on June 23, 2011
I read the other reviews before buying. Because I drink iced tea all day when I can, I wanted a larger container. This really hits the spot. The top of the container is 1" taller than a 1/2 gallon carton of milk and it wedges in nicely in the fridge. The infuser can be fiddly to get in place because it is so tall and narrow, but it does fit perfectly once you find the spot. I've been brewing iced tea with hot, not boiling water and the results are great.