1,264 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inexpensive Treat
This was my first French press. I have always enjoyed this type of coffee, particular after dinner. However, I was attracted to the plastic framework surrounding the carafe, as I can be clumsy at times.

This press has worked just as well as the more expensive, more traditional looking French press pots. I set the coarsest setting on my Braun grinder, and no...
Published on December 9, 2008 by JK

1.0 out of 5 stars gave up on these plastic ones
You can listen to the all the great reviews (which I did at first) but read this. Yes this works but I have bought a couple of these over the years on amazon because they tend to fall apart after daily use within a year and I would have get a new one. It seems that daily heat applied would finally cause it to become brittle and break easily. So I finally said goodbye...
Published on September 24, 2011 by JV

‹ Previous | 154 55 56127 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good French Press., November 25, 2013
This review is from: Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black (Kitchen)
As advertised. Easy to use, clean, and makes a fantastic cup of coffee quickly. Only problem I have is how difficult the glass is to get out of the black plastic handle, but it can be cleaned without removing.

3.0 out of 5 stars expected more, November 25, 2013
Pros: Delicious coffee
Cons: the 3-part filter often comes apart when pressing the coffee, even when I push the handle down very slowly and evenly. It's also difficult to clean between the beaker and plastic base.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great French Press, November 23, 2013
Perfect size for my lifestyle. It is easy to gauge one or two cups of coffee in this size. I recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems with grounds in my coffee, November 19, 2013
The screen was all bent up! Pushing the coffee down allowed the grinds to come up to the top. Luckily, I was able to use the glass for an old starbucks french press I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time tested. 3 years of great service, November 14, 2013
I've been using this French press for over 3 years now. Makes a great cup of coffee. I have no complaints about it what so ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Geat coffee, November 12, 2013
Jessica Nicholson (Kings Mountain, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Our first french press, my husband and I love it. We choose it over the drip coffee maker every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, great coffee, November 12, 2013
This french press is well built and works great. Glass is high quality and the plastic seems strong. I would highly recommend this french press if you were in the market for one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cheap and easy coffee habit, November 5, 2013
I bought this five years ago at Target and finally replaced it after I dropped it onto my kitchen counter and it cracked. I happily purchased the same exact model, it served me well for many years of making no frills coffee.

The only negative thing about this french press is that there may be a small amount of coffee sediment in the dregs of your cup of coffee. Don't drink it and you'll be fine.

It's dishwasher safe and takes up no counter space. And you don't have to worry about running out of coffee filters. The french press makes my coffee habit cheap and easy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke, November 4, 2013
Love french press, but not this model. I had this model for only two or three months before the handle broke off of the glass. We didn't do anything to it that would cause it to break. The thing was totally useless after that. Get a regular glass and metal press and you will be happier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cold brew coffee, November 1, 2013
I have been experimenting with cold brew coffee, a method of flavor extraction from ground coffee, that leaves less acid and more flavor in the end product. The Bodum is not a cheap plastic press, but a glass cylinder with a sturdy stay cool plastic handle, lid and base. The screen and plunger are stainless steel. It also comes with a serving scoop for the recommended amount of coarse ground coffee. Bodum recommends to only use coarse ground coffee as fine grinds will clog the press and lead to blow back contaminating a great cup of coffee. I don't know about you, but I like to drink my hot beverages, not chew them. I selected four stars for this product due to the nature of the clean up. The screen should be cleaned right after use and if you are persnickety about cleanliness, this can be a chore.

‹ Previous | 154 55 56127 | Next ›