4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Coffee Press, October 1, 2004
RBC (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press (Kitchen)
Being the only coffee drinker in the house, it is at times cumbersome to fire up the old percolator. I have owned two "cheap" coffee presses and found them effective for single cup filter coffee. A recent move resulted in the breakage of my last press, so I treated myself to the more up market (read stainless and glass) Bodum press.

This press is well made, sturdy and dishwasher safe. The plunger is smooth to operate and does not allow any coffee grinds past the side. It works equally well with coarse and fine ground coffee.

Can it be improved? Yes. It is missing graduated markings on the outside to show the water level. The lack of these markings means it is challenging to judge the amount of water relative to the number of cups desired.

Besides this minor nit, it is an excellent purchase and I hope to use it for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow what good way to make coffee, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I love this way to make coffee. I have one problem somtimes I get the grains in my cup of coffee. Other than that I have used while deployed to Afghanistan so it is a war proven device that aides me in staying alert to do my job and keeps me off the bad energy drinks. I think I will read the instructions again to see if I am doing something wrong to get the grains in the cup of coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars What Timer?, January 26, 2005
Emberwild (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press (Kitchen)
Great item and it's very nice looking but the bonus Timer is no where to be found. Either that or they discontinued this item and just sent me a replacement without :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 28, 2009
C. M Tye (Somewhere in Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press (Kitchen)
This little thing gives you the great pleasure of coffee..
You can count on the great smell in the process and then the flavor in your mouth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, January 21, 2009
This review is from: Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I love French-pressed coffee. This press is well-made and available at a good price.

Bodum Chambord 8-Cup (4 US cups) Coffee Press