Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: 34 oz.|Change

on October 5, 2012
This new model has a fully enclosed bottom so the glass bottle is better protected. This is especially important to me since I take it with me on camping trip. Not just a better design, it is better looking too.

There is always some coffee ground coming through the filter. But you shouldn't expect a coarse stainless steel filter will do as a good job as a paper filter.

The locking feature at the lid is good to have. But if I have a choice, I wouldn't pay for it since I think that is really not necessary.

Overall a great product with great craftsmanship.
on April 20, 2012
After my first attempt at using a french press this morning - I came to realization that clearly I never had a really good cup of home-brewed coffee in my life - until today. It is as if I am born again! DON'T be afraid to try a french press. Really. It isn't hard at all. There are lots of videos on YouTube that will show you how easy it is. Regarding this specific model, I got the silver and it is very attractive and beautifully made. I know some people don't really like the lock top, but I do. I have cats that like to get into everything and don't want to take the chance of one of them knocking it over. The one thing I did wrong on this first attempt was that I accidentally lock-aligned the spout with the handle. When I went to pour I realized it, and turned the top around. You will see there is an arrow on the top. That little arrow must face the spout when the lid is locked down. The locking mechanism is two grooves that simply slide in place as you turn the top. It's easy. Another thing I almost forgot to do was pour the remaining coffee into a separate carafe so that the brew doesn't keep brewing. But I caught it in time. I kept the remaining serving in a large cup in the microwave which you can easily reheat for 30 seconds. I guess that can be the only downside of using a french press. If you are serving more than two people, or like to drink lots and lots of coffee, it may not be so efficient. As for cleanup: buy a toothbrush to scrub the grains away from the screen. French press brewing is not hard, it's just different from what most of us are used to. I am going to love the ritual of this method!
on May 3, 2014
If you're looking at starting into the home press trend, this is a great little french press to start with. Heck– it's a great press period. I started with this one and continue to use it over a year later. I don't know if there's more advanced "science" to pressing that'll one day require me to upgrade, but presently, this little guy meets all my needs. It's a high quality press of sound craftsmanship. All the parts fit snuggly together, delivering a thorough press. It's nice glass, reasonably weighted, and ergonomic. Get one!
on October 28, 2011
This item would have been wonderful had the rubber insert not been stuck to the glass upon arrival.After multiple
attempts it finally released from the glass but with a residual amount of rubber left behind. Even with multiple washings
it remains on the glass.Unfortunately I waited several weeks to use it and have since discovered it leaks profusely
with each use due to the torn rubber.
on December 10, 2013
Purchased this over a year ago and had been using it sparingly when I wanted a really good cup of coffee and didn't mind the time (over an auto drip machine). Recently I've dispensed with the auto machine and now use this press exclusively. Makes great coffee and is well made. Make yourself happy... buy it!
on June 18, 2013
This french press is great. I got it for my Mom who only uses french presses for her coffee. The locking lid and the fact that you can keep the coffee warmer with the self closing spout is great and a step up from her old french presses. She also hasnt run into the issue of the glass portion coming out of the handle/casing when washing it making it easier to break the caraff.
on April 17, 2013
Only issue, is the glass beaker does not have a way to secure it in the bottom part, so if you forget, and go to dump the grounds, the whole think comes out....so we broke the glass within 48 hours of owning it....with a little caution is should be ok....love the top that keeps the heat in. Don't love the way it pours the water into the kettle - again, without the lid, the glass slides right out. I recommend putting the water in the beaker, put the top on and then pour the water into the kettle....otherwise there is no spout and the water goes all over the place....I ordered another glass beaker and with these precautions, it's been fine.
on April 29, 2015
We bought this to replace a Bodum Chambord French press. Unlike the Chambord, the glass in this one is loose. Very loose. We were able to use it twice before the glass fell out and broke while cleaning it. Having owned several of the Chambord models over the past 15+ years, I've never had this problem before.
on January 15, 2013
The old Chambord was a damn near perfect product. Some say not to fix things that aren't broken.

The gasket under the spout leaks. Not enough, but just enough to let a few drips run out from underneath the spout, down the front of the press, and onto the table cloth.

It's still a Bodum Press, so the coffee is great. But the mess, and flimsy-feeling design, just doesn't do it for me.

More here:

[...]
on April 29, 2013
After making my morning coffee in this French Press, I can't go back to my programmable coffee maker. The press extracts great flavor from the grinds, and brings joy and alertness to my mornings. I broke the glass once, and had to buy a replacement. So be careful with it, it's glass and it breaks like glass. I like the locking mechanism on this particular model. I don't imagine it keeps any more heat in as it suggests, but I do like the function so I don't spill by accident. It also takes up a lot less room on my counter than my coffeemaker. 5 stars.