Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bodum Chambord 12 Cup French Press Coffee Maker with Locking Lid, Stainless Steel, 51-Ounce
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2012
We have been using Bodum french coffee presses for years. It was time to replace and upgrade from an 8 cup to a 12 cup model. I considered various models, including Bodums's "top-selling" model, but didn't like the plastic parts, the holders with "legs," or the small sizes. This model is perfect for the three of us - the glass beaker is nicely supported by the chrome frame, it has a locking lid which keeps the heat in, and the mesh strainer is all metal. Best of all - it's 51 oz., plenty for all! Not a downside to report, it was a great purchase.
on February 9, 2012
I use this press 3 times per day. I make coffee for my co-workers throughout the day and had been using the 8-cup older chambord model. I would highly recommend this product if looking to make a full pot of good coffee.

* Improvements *

The bottom is much sturdier and limits the contact with the surface to help retain heat.

The plastic top has a rubber seal which really helps lock in the heat, just make sure not to fill water more than an inch below the top of glass as it will leak when lid is pressed down.

-----------

Overall Bodum has made some REAL improvements on the original Chambord design.
As always, if you aren't skilled to make espresso and feel like spending $200+ for an espresso machine, the French Press is the most effective means of a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee.
on July 23, 2012
I did a lot of research on French Presses and this one was the best for the price.

CONSTRUCTION:
Stainless steel body, lid, and 3 piece mesh screen. Plastic handle, pour spout assembly. Removable glass. All dishwasher safe.

PACKAGING:
It arrived well packaged and was in perfect condition

PRICE:
At $80.00 new it is a good price, but there are also used options as well.

CONCLUSION:
I'd recommend this in a heartbeat. There is no doubt in my mind that french press coffee tastes way better than the single cup or pot coffee. I love my morning coffee and while it may take a bit more time to brew properly, the french press is the way to go. This is a well built and solid french press.
on June 15, 2012
I bought 2 of these coffee makers, the first one was a little small for me so i decided to purchase the larger one thinking i could make a half pot if need to be, and it was the right choice, if you are thinking of getting a new coffee maker this is the one to go for, great tasting coffee all the time, but you need to grind your own beans and use a course ground blend
this machine will not make good coffee from store bought regular ground coffee it is to fine all the coffee grounds end up at the bottom of your cup with the fine grind....so if you don't have a coffee grinder , you need one for this coffee maker
on October 7, 2012
While I love the Bodum brand, this product has not lived up to what I expected when it comes to quality. The beaker cracked on the first use. I've owned several french presses - typically they walk off (Ex's take them), or get dropped (the joys of having children in the house), or I just needed to upgrade the size.

This is the largest Bodum I've ever owned, and I am not sure I'd ever own one this size again - I got it to make really great coffee when I entertain guests. The entire thing 'feels' very plasticy and flimsy. Caveat Emptor - this is a seriously large french press and really when dealing with beakers this size it should be Pyrex, or some other kind of reinforced glass - not this flimsier 'lighter weight' glass that Bodem appears to be shipping. Bigger glassware will have greater force placed upon it due to no other reason than increased surface area. In retrospect, this should have been obvious to me; hindsight is 20/20.

I am going to give it another shot, but I am out another 35$ for a beaker (which apparently won't ship for 3-4 weeks. yay) bringing this total experiment up to $100+. At this point, I almost feel like it's throwing good money after bad, but as I said - I love the Bodum brand so I'll give it another shot.
on November 14, 2014
I agree with the folks here, this is a beautiful piece. Works great, looks great, holds heat well for an non-insulated piece. It also just plain looks good. We upgraded from the 8 cup version because we wanted more perfect coffee.
Also like someone else mentioned, you cannot find the replacement no-spout glass here on Amazon. I just ordered my second spare as we broke our original one in the dishwasher, we think something banged into it, and I would not like to go one day without this press!

Cleaning tip - I spin the filter a little loose to get the grinds out while running it under water.
on December 25, 2011
Before this one i had basic 8 cup.And now this 12 cup Probably the best press i have had so far , I would have gave it more STARS but they did not have a spot for 10 thhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EPM6HC/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_titlee
on October 26, 2012
This is a great french press (f.p.) and I highly recommend it for any connoisseur or somebody who just doesn't want regular drip coffee any more.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!
I must warn you that the glass beakers they use aren't the greatest. I used my f.p. just like 6 or 7 times then when i was cleaning it out it ended up shattering in my hands. HELLA BUMMER! But you can go on the Bodum website for replacement glass (which was never covered under warrenty).
So overall a very good product, just make sure to be careful while handling or it can become an even more expensive product than you want it to be
on May 12, 2012
this is a beautiful coffee maker. it is for 12 cups of coffee and it looks and feels strong enough to handle 12 cups of coffee. however, because it has the locking lid, you will need to buy a replacement carafe that states that it is for a "locking lid" french press coffee maker. the standard glass replacement carafe with the small spout at the top will not fit this model because of the locking lid...you will need to buy a glass carafe that states it for the "locking lid" models. i had to send this model back in order to use the extra glass insert that i had with the pour spout.
on May 27, 2012
I bought this one since it had the largest capacity I could find and I'm not sorry. Works great and makes really good coffee. As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying some right now

See 1 answered question