5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
This is a perfect coffee maker. The 12-oz press makes exactly one mug of perfect coffee, and looks good too. Easy to use; easy to clean. Make sure the coffee is not too finely ground, though.
Published on October 24, 2008 by fp

1.0 out of 5 stars want to love it, but two have fallen apart on me now
As you can see from others too, the plunger is cheap construction and falls apart. I bought a second one thinking it was random bad lemon from production line, but foolish me, the second one broken even sooner. Nothing you do will keep the filter mechanism bound together, so the plunger stops going down a couple of inches from the bottom.
Published 22 months ago by Zeynep

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, October 24, 2008
fp (Orlando, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars want to love it, but two have fallen apart on me now, August 26, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee press, August 12, 2008
Raymond Chow (NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
The Bodum New Kenya series of coffee presses is excellent. The plastic handle and beaker covering insulate your hands from any hot liquid. I have thus far not experienced any problems with the plunger clogging up. The only issue I have with the 12-oz version of this product is that it may be difficult for some people to clean the beaker if you don't have a sponge or wash-brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee!, August 21, 2008
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
Great one-person coffee press. Makes excellent coffee, when paired with good grinds. The only drawback is the size, the coffee is so good I wanted to share, but 12 ounces is just a single serving. Consider the 17 or 34 ounce size if you want to share your coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice...until it broke., June 1, 2012
Jayson L. (Saint Petersburg, FL.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
Have a ton of Bodum presses and needed a small single-serve one.

This one fit the bill for about 3 uses, until I was drying it out with a paper towel, as I've done a hundred times with another 12oz bodum press, and the glass broke into a dozen pieces.

Thankfully I was able to pull my hand out without a cut or scrape. Decided to buy the 12oz that has the stainless frame, instead of this plastic style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great-tasting coffee!, January 8, 2009
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
This is a great little coffee press. As a "one cup a day" coffee drinker, I had been microwave brewing coffee grounds in those little single serving bags. Not a good idea, unless you like extremely weak coffee.

I've been using this for several weeks now, and I've not had a single coffee ground get by the filter. The instructions say to use "coarse" ground coffee, but I've never seen pre-ground coffee labeled coarse. Maybe that instruction assumes you buy whole bean coffee and grind it yourself. In any case, I've never had any trouble with regular coffee grounds. When cleaning the filter I sometimes have to use a toothpick to scrape around the side, but that's no big deal. I definitely would not use this for something like Mediterranean coffee, which is the only finely ground coffee that I am aware of.

A word of warning - this press makes one regular size cup of coffee only. If you drink more than one cup or use a larger than average mug, you'll want to go with one of the bigger presses instead.

The bottom line is that this makes a great cup of coffee. The only down side to a press is having to dig out the used coffee grounds afterwards...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little coffee press, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
When my old one-cup french press broke, I decided to buy this one instead of replacing the pyrex beaker. I'm glad I did. This is a really nice style, much nicer than my old one. It's the easiest, neatest way I know of to make a single cup of good coffee. One thing to note: it's exactly the right size for a single mug of coffee. It even comes with a little coffee scoop that fits inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to make coffee!, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
While I'm not a hardcore coffee addict, I do try my best to drink at least a cup in the morning. Out of everyone in my family, I am the only one that drinks coffee and so buying a coffee maker didn't make any sense. All this time I basically used a cheap Melitta filter to brew my cup of coffee in the morning and all this time, I thought I was doing the right thing. I mean, what other methods are there to brew just one cup of coffee?

Recently, I learned about the french press and thought it interesting. I did more research on it and basically came to the conclusion that this is one of the best ways to make a great tasting cup (or pot) of coffee. It didn't take long for me to find out that Bodum is a popular brand for french presses and after a long debate, I decided to pick up the 12oz Bodum Kenya model and boy was I glad!

All my life I have never made a better tasting cup of coffee. This simple method of brewing the coffee grinds really does work and the flavor you get out of your grinds is just amazing. The 12oz Kenya model is good enough for people like me who drinks just one cup of coffee at a time. You don't get the full 12oz but it's close enough. After having used the french press for about 6 times so far, not once have I found grinds in my cup of coffee. The strainer really does work to push all the grinds to the bottom of the cup. The secret is to go as slowly as possible when pressing down on the plunger! Also, you must use coarse grinds.

Clean up I do have to say is a bit annoying but it's a small sacrifice to be able to make the best tasting cup of coffee you'll ever brew. After using the press for a bit now, it all feels routine. I don't have a dishwasher so I have to wash everything by hand but it's not that bad once you get use to it. The plunger assembly comes right off and I just soak all the pieces in a container with soapy water.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I hope that this french press lasts a long time. Honestly, if you want the best tasting cup of coffee you'll ever brew at home, you really need to try a french press. I'm definitely sold on this and will be telling all my buddies about this as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars best coffee, December 12, 2008
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
this is the best way to brew coffee bar none. 12.oz is perfect for single cup fast easy delecious. easy clean up, durable design, great price. its the little things that mean so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply Constructed, December 7, 2013
Zelda Dahl "zeldadahl" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black (Kitchen)
I have purchased two Bodum French press coffee makers in the past year. Both of the plastic components on the plunger mechanisms broke within six months. I thought the first time it was just a fluke, but after it happened again I realize it's cheap construction. The company does sell component parts on their website; tellingly, the one part they don't sell is the lid/plunger stem, which is the part that broke both. This means the entire unit will have to be replaced, which I will happily do with a different company that uses all metal construction on their plungers (for less money).

Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, Black