Bodum YoYo Personal Tea Set with Infuser and 12-Ounce Glass
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bodum's modern and beautiful tea set includes the YoYo strainer, a 12-ounce Pavina double-wall glass, and a lid
- Designed to brew loose-leaf tea directly in the glass; double-wall glass keeps beverages hot yet stays cool to the touch
- Measuring 4.6 inches long (11.7 cm), the tea strainer also fits with all Bodum double-wall mugs as well
- Dual-purpose lid keeps the water warm while the tea's brewing and serves as saucer for infuser
- A hole on top of the infuser allows for easy storage by hanging, and all parts are dishwasher safe
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I was one of those people who read the reviews and said "There's no way I'll be clumsy enough to break this." Sure enough all it took was the handle of another mug tapping it slightly in the sink and the outer shell of the glass broke off.
Overall a very beautiful product, and I'll be using the infuser in other mugs for quite some time, but be very careful when washing the glass. Definitely not as strong as you'd expect for the price.
- From other reviews and from the official write-up, the glass is some kind of "lightweight, thermal, borosilicate glass; 2-layer construction resists heat and prevents condensation." But, to me, it feels a bit like plastic. It looks and acts very nice, though.
- The glass might be too big and rounded for people with smaller hands. I like it just fine. But, my wife says it's a bit hard to hold.
- The infuser's holes are big enough to let fine tea particles through. It's not that much of a problem though, since the glass' shape is such that the loose particles drop down into the rounded bottom and stay out of the way until you get to the very last drop.
So, minor as those are, I'll have to drop my rating for this set to "just" a Very Good 4 stars out of 5. Still recommended, though.
EDIT (01/17/11): Just a note that the glass only lasted 6 months. My wife slid it across the counter into the wall and broke it.Read more ›
And by the way, if you enjoy a real tea made from real tea leaves, this set is second to none in steeping an individual cup of tea. And the double walled Bodum glass that comes along with the package will keep your beverage hot twice as long as anything else out there. Just be careful with this and it will give you a lifetime of enjoyment!
Other reviewers are right about the holes in the strainer being on the large size.Read more ›
Bodum sells this same product but with a mesh infuser instead of a metal one, which I highly recommend over this model for the reasons mentioned above. Also you don't have to worry about the infuser rusting (mine started to rust a little towards the end, even though I cleaned and dried it fairly well).
The only other complaint I have was how long this particular item took to arrive in the mail.
Flaws aside, it's a good and convenient way to brew tea!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved the Bodum YoYo Personal Tea Set with Infuser and 12-Ounce Glass until my wife dropped it in the sink. Read morePublished 1 month ago by TechDepot
i bought this in the winter of 2014 and was going to buy it again as a gift...what on earth that it's $99 now?? Read morePublished 15 months ago by june wang
This item is a great find! the glass is fantastic! The workmanship on the mouth blown glass is impeccable! The stainless steel infuser is great as well but here is the flaw... Read morePublished 24 months ago by r_dot
Gave this to the wife as a present. The real thank-you I received is the daily use she puts it to. The aesthetics are quite nice - graceful really. Read morePublished on April 29, 2014 by R. Mesnard
Drinks stay hot and your hand stays cool. Easy to clean and prep. Very elegant and I would recommend this product to others without hesitation.Published on March 28, 2014 by Pete
Watch out for the lip of the infuser. First thing that happened to me when I washed it by hand was getting a cut across a knuckle from the sharp lip. Read morePublished on December 20, 2013 by Bill M.