Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Body Armor for Iphone 3g / 3gs - Purple & Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 15, 2012
I love this case! For the price, you can't beat it. I had an Otter Box on my previous iPhone and to be honest, I like this case better. It's not as bulky but it serves its purpose just as well. I've already dropped my phone (on concrete) but all it did was bounce. No scratches or cracks on my phone at all!

Some people say it feels and looks cheap, that it doesn't fit. Honestly, I don't know what they're talking about. Best $6 I've spent!
on January 8, 2012
I have to admit that I was skeptical of how well this body armor would be made considering the price difference between it and the well known name brand that costs lots more money but after receiving it and having used it for probably a year now I must say that it is VERY much worth the money. Not one complaint at all.
on November 9, 2011
In case some of you weren't aware, yes, you're buying a fake, knock off otterbox style "defender". This is my second one. I had a pink/white for a year, and it finally started getting a little wear and tear, so I decided to replace it w/ another fake defender. As far as the color, it was exactly as pictured. Yes being a fake defender the products used are obviously going to be cheaper than the real thing. If you want the same quality, don't be cheap, buy the real thing. Don't blame whoever you bought it from b/c you bought a fake expecting the same quality as the real thing.

In my experience w/ 2 different fake defenders, I feel like they protected my phone just as good as the real thing would have.

For being a fake, I like this cover. The plastic under part didn't want to fit together at the top, so I just went ahead and put on the rubber part, and I think the plastic gave in and fit together correctly.
on February 18, 2011
I bought this case for my wife after I bought the otterbox defender. She wanted purple and it was half the price of the otterbox. The screen protector was green and scratched and glarey. Good thing you can remove that piece. I would stick to the high quality otterbox defender case that also comes with a belt clip that is a must if you bike, run or hike.
on June 11, 2013
I'm hard on cases, so I've gone through a few. Which is why I don't want to spend a lot on a case. This one was SUPER cheap (less than $5), but doesn't look it. The biggest challenge was figuring out how to get it on! (You have to take the silicon cover off the plastic shell, then the plastic shell comes apart. Put in your phone, put the shell back together, then stretch the silicon cover over the whole thing). I don't like bulky cases...this is bulkier than I usually get, but it's not bad, and it gives me more protection than my other (now broken) cases gave me...without the real bulk of something like an Otterbox. I've had it for a few months and so far, no signs of breaking. :-) Hopefully this will last me through the rest of the life of my iPhone 3GS (which I'm hoping will be a couple years...I hang onto my iPhones forever!).
on March 13, 2012
This is a cheap case, plain and simple. The silicone is a lower grade than the Otterbox line. You could probably gouge out a chunk with your finger nail, if you tried. On the other hand, for five dollars it is still a very nice case that will protect you phone very well. It will take about two or three weeks to get it because shipping is free, and is shipped from Hong Kong. I would recommend buying better screen protectors than the one it comes with.
I bought this for my Mother because she wanted purple. I have an iPhone 4 and it is in an Otterbox Defender. I really like their products, I had one for my Nokia and was very happy with it. If you do not have a lot of money this case is a very good deal, but I recommend the Otterbox line if you can afford it. Really it is only thirty dollars here on Amazon with shipping, as opposed to forty-six dollars at Walmart, or the kiosk at the mall. If you work in a humid, or wet environment I would just bite the bullet(an eighty dollar bullet)and get a Lifecase, it is sleek, shock and water resistant. The life case is expensive but they spent two million dollars in development. Your iPhone is about seven-hundred dollars if you have to buy it without a contract. Even if you have insurance there is usually a fifty dollar deductible. In conclusion this is way better than no case, and if I was on a budget I would use this and be pretty happy with it. You get what you pay for.
on September 15, 2014
Does the job for being a generic, knock-off case. The quality is sub-par, and the outer layer is rather loose on the hard shell. The hard shell does not come apart easily, requiring almost excessive force to separate the two pieces (although not exceptionally different than the case it is knocking-off). It was worth the $5 investment we paid for it, and held up for more than a year before we upgraded the iPhone.
on December 11, 2012
Plastic case fits perfectly. Rubber skin fits pretty well (but does have slightly visible seams). Overall, product is satisfactory. My main purpose for purchasing was to obtain a more pleasing color than the black Otterbox. This Body Armor is a beautiful shade of purple. I don't use my iPhone as a hockey puck, so Body Armor should provide suitable protection. At this bargin price, I will probably order this case in other colors, in the future. I am very satisfied with the product.
on April 27, 2013
I tend to drop my phone a lot, so this case was perfect for all those times. It's a little bulky, but I expected that and it isn't too bad. I like the bright color so I can find it around the house and in my car. If you are planning to get this and put it in your carjack so you can listen to music, it might be a little tough and you might have to get a new one to specifically fit this. Either then that it is pretty great. :)
on July 25, 2011
I received my body armor for the Iphone on time. The color is exactly what I wanted. The screen cover has no adhesive which create air between the screen and screen cover. This trapped air make it more difficult for the phone to feel the touch screen of the phone. The screen saver is also very scratched and unable to see through as well. The plastic that snaps over the phone is very thin and the rubber bumper is not as snug a fit into the plastic as it should be. For $4.95 this cover is adequate at best. I hope I do not drop my phone to find out how much my phone is protected.