Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 28, 2011
I purchased this item because I had gotten to the point I would try anything. I had a sharp, miserable, stabbing pain at the base of my skull on the right side. It was not always there but when it came it stayed for weeks. I had an MRI, a CAT scan, a painkiller injection, a nerve block shot, and I was given painkillers and muscle relaxers. No one could ever give me a reason, and nothing worked for more than a few days at most. I ordered this tool and was amazed. I laid on it for as long as I could (this thing hurts). After just a few minutes the pain eased off. I cannot tell you how it works, but it does. Find the side that you can stand and let it dig into the problem area as long as you can. This procedure seems to release the nerve or muscle that is causing the pain. I am not a doctor and have described this in laymans terms. To put it simply, it works.
99 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
Yes, this is a hard instrument and it might not be for everyone but as a craniosacral therapist who knows the benefit of resetting the occipital suture at the base of the skull, I find this device very useful.
on July 6, 2010
I have tried alot of cervical tools and this one defenitly is the best so far ... I also like using it under my scapula it really gets into the muscle once you relax and the good part is you control the pressure with how much weight you allow...just get used to it and you will love it!
on September 2, 2012
I was in a car accident about twenty years ago and suffered severe whiplash; torn ligaments and my axis vertabrae was out of whack for over five years. I was then treated by a neck specialist who adjusted my axis (never let anyone crack your neck it really messes you up in the long run) by using sonar to move it back into place. This alone gave me much relief and still does when he gives me an adjustment, but there are many times when my neck is just tight and full of knots due to stress, fatigue, etc. The Divinci tool is a God-send; totally reduced my pain in minutes, and since I got it I've used it for about ten minutes each evening for the past week. My neck feels so much better, I am pain free and I sleep like a baby, better than I have in years. I often used to get these big knots in my upper back from my neck being out of whack, that's a thing of the past. I can't believe I have found an answer that is so affordable and that I can use myself at home rather than running off to a doctor's office. If you suffer from neck pain and/or migraines due to some sort of neck trauma, and if you feel relief when you put your pressure on those two spots at the base of your skull, that's a sign that this tool is exactly what you need. You have to play with it a bit, which isn't hard, and the way to use it varies from person to person. You also have to experiment a little because the instructions are rather vague. What I found worked best for me was tilting the Divinci on an angle while laying on the floor until the two points of the pointy side are directly pushing on the underside of my skull where it meets the neck, thirty seconds on, fifteen seconds off, for a up to ten minutes. Five will actually do it, but I like to be thorough. This simple exercise provides me with relief for the next 24 hours, and I'm finding that the relief is cumulative, so the base point of discomfort is getting to be less and less. And if you suffer like I have in the past with neck pain, tension, knots in your neck and upper back, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and what you would give to be able to eliminate it from your life. Look at the price tag for this thing. I would have paid four times that amount if I knew it would bring me relief. It may not work for you, but if what I describe in terms of neck pain and headaches and tension sounds familiar, it very likely will do for you what it does for me.
on October 17, 2011
I had high hopes for this, but was a little disappointed. I like the wide, square-ish, sturdy shape of the base, which is easy to under control and doesn't damage furniture upholstery too much.

The size and firmness is fine and very handy. But, I find the edges/corners of the tool to be far too sharp. I would have preferred more rounded edges. This can be very painful on the skin if not used while wearing a shirt or clothing.

The only side that is really worth much is the one with rounded posts. The wedge posts and the scalloped concave edge are just too sharp when attempting to dig into deep knots, and can damage the skin if you're not careful.

The rounded posts are Okay for superficial and wide-spread knots in the rhomboids and *posterior* supraspinatus, infraspinatus, and teres major & minor, but for deeper knots in the rhomboids, levator scapula, deep erectors, and anterior scapula muscles there is just not enough focus--not for me, at least.

I found myself going back to an old 5-post, 5-inch-tall wooden knobble sort of thing with 5/8" wooden balls on the ends of the dowels in order to properly get into the deep knots and cords. This wooden thing also does me better for latissimus insertions into the humerus, while the Davinci tool just couldn't target that area well enough.

I do have to say that the rounded side performs better than a standard medical occipivot device for getting to the occipital area and the superficial levator and erectors immediately to either side of the spinus processes.

Good to start with on superficial tissue, but I'm still looking for something to replace the wooden-posted thing so that I don't stretch deep pits into my leather couch while I watch television.
on March 21, 2010
It takes a few tries to get used to using this. Once you get the positioning down (which would be different for everyone) it really works well in releasing tight muscles and tension points. The size is great, I was able to throw it in my suitcase and bring it when I travel.
on June 17, 2014
I do prefer a firm tool to get into the tension in my neck, shoulder blades, lower-back and hips. I can position the Davinic Tool, put my body weight on it, and let myself press or slide to move the tension out of the area.

The shoulder blade likes the sharper edge of the tool, and I can actually get a pop or two out of my scapula if I do it right. Just let the pressure of your chest force the wedge into the gap, and you'll feel the tension release slowly.

Next I lay my neck on the indentation and relax. It can be a little painful at first, but once I relax into it, I can get a few cracks out of my cervical vertebrae. I can position it around my shoulders too, in order to hit some of that tension.

Last, I put the rounded edge up and lay with it lined up with my spine, then let it slowly slide out to my hip with my body weight. I can do this a couple times to release the tension across my sciatic nerve. Next I will let it sit aligned with my sciatic nerve and let my weight push it into the nerve. I'll then move it over to my hip and do the same.

This routine helps release a lot of the pain and pressure that builds up at work. This tool is a great way to increase the pressure on those pesky trigger points and find some relief!
on July 6, 2011
I've had neck and shoulder pain for 19 years. Since I purchased this tool, I no longer have to visit my chiropractor. I use it for 20-30 seconds on each area that hurts and the pain goes away!
on November 1, 2010
awesome little tool. I liked it so much I am getting few more for christmas presents. It worked right away for my lower back pain. you won't be dissapointed.
on May 12, 2013
Let me preface my review by explaining that I bought this product with the intention of using it under the base of my skull/neck (as depicted in the product photos). The hardness of this product that I complain of might be beneficial if you use it another way?

I wish I had read some of the 1 star reviews. This thing is hard as a rock. "Firm," I think, implies some degree of "give." There is absolutely no "give" with this product. This thing might as well be made of steel. I found using it to be just be painful. All the weight of the head on such little surface area where the Davinci tool makes contact is just too much given how hard the the tool is.

If you intend on using it in a similar manner, I suggest looking either at the soft version or other products.