4.0 out of 5 stars Good Home Cardio Machine - Recommended
We bought the Body Champ "Cardio Dual Trainer" for use in our cramped basement and it works nicely for our needs, with the following observations:

Setup -
+ Took my son and I about 1.5 hours to build it from unpacking to plugging it in
+ All parts were included and clearly labeled
+ Although the instructions look daunting, they really were easy...
Published on November 22, 2010 by C. Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money!
Published on January 5, 2011 by HC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Home Cardio Machine - Recommended, November 22, 2010

Setup -
+ All parts were included and clearly labeled
+ Although the instructions look daunting, they really were easy to follow
+ Included all of the tools required (screw driver and wrenches), but using a rubber mallet (on Step #3) and adjustable wrench sped the process along

Pros -
+ Versatile; use as a standing elliptical or sitting cycle
+ Effective; provides a good workout in both modes
+ Electronics; monitors heart rate, adjusts intensity, and provides "programed" workout
+ Small Size; takes up about as much space as a traditional stationary bike
+ Affordable; this is a fairly inexpensive choice for a good quality machine

Cons -
- Stride Length; I am 5' 10" and find the stride length a little shorter than would normally be natural
- Sturdiness; At 230lbs, I am on the larger side for this machine and find it does wobble a bit at higher intensities

Misc -
* My 5' 11" son has very long legs (34") and finds that the cycle mode is slightly uncomfortable to him, but is fine for me (30" legs)

This machine was a good choice for us since it has so many important features at a price that was somewhat lower than we expected to pay when first starting to shop for this type of equipment.

Recommended!

CFH

4.0 out of 5 stars Body Champ BRM 3671 Cardio Dual Trainer, February 19, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
This elliptical trainer was another surprise for us (when you compare with other people's experiences). When we ordered it we were told it will take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. The surprise: one week, good packaging again, nothing missing inside, no problem putting it together.
It works the way was meant to work. Good for average exercisers and has a seat to be used as a bicycle. Listed on Amazon for a max of 220 lbs weight for a person, but the manual lists it for 250 lbs max, which is good for me. It is a good construction, no noise, no wobbling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, then ok, then great again - wobble and noise issue addressed, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
First off, this is one of the least expensive ellipticals on Amazon and it allowed me to cancel my gym membership.

Setup:

- 2.5 hours (reading other reviews I wanted to make sure I did it right)
- Instructions were very easy to follow

First Impression:

- Very happy. I work out very hard and it handled my workout and the hardest level has PLENTY of resistance
- Screen is a little hard to see but others who find this an issue can spend $1,000 on a better machine
- Wobbles a little but nothing unsafe

Second Impression:

- The infamous squeak began. Nothing to bad but worried me. Then it got worse and I got annoyed. My wife said she could hear it all the way upstairs from our basement; not good.
- The computer beep is very loud - don't put this in any room where you don't want it to beep

I called customer service because the squeaking was a deal breaker for me. If they could not help me then I would return it and find something else. She was very knowledgeable which impressed me. She said the problem people have is that they tighten the bolts too much. She said find the squeak and then loosen the bolts, add WD - 40 if needed and re-tighten but not too tight at all. Bingo. The two bolts on the front stabilizer were the culprits. Now the machine is quiet as a mouse. Too bad other reviewers did not call so they could save the time to repackage and send it back.

Bottom line, this machine is great for the price. I will update later if anything changes.

- Update: July 25, 2013 -

Thought I would let you all know it is still going strong 2 years later.

I have lost 45 pounds total. Granted I also run and swim and of course eat better but the machine itself has stood the test of time so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected it would be for the price!, January 21, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this exercise machine since it only cost $265. It is super sturdy and very well made. Its weight is pretty heavy and is equivalant to any exercise machine you would use at a professional gym. Having the dual trainer as a bike and a stepper/walker takes up half the space of 2 separate machines. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT !!, February 21, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
This Body Champ BRM3671 Is perfect for workouts. Its very sturdy, quiet, assembly was simple and had great instructions. The size of this unit does not take up too much room and gives a great workout as a bike or stand-up run. Can't beat it for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Surprised, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
I bought this on an impulse buy since my girlfriend wanted to purchase an elliptical trainer and this had the best reviews for its price range, so it was the natural choice.

- Building time/difficulty: It took me approximately 1.5 hours to built with no help and it was very easy. All the pieces were in the box and instructions were fairly clear.

- Use: The machine is very easy to use. I've used it both as an elliptical trainer and an exercise bike and have no complaints. I actually didn't read the instructions on how to use it after I built it and had no problem figuring out how to set a program, find the calories burnt, etc.

- Cost: The cost of this machine is amazing for what you get. Everyone that has seen it complimented how good it looked for the price we paid for it.

- Quality: The machine is VERY sturdy, almost similar to an actual machine you would use in a gym. Some of the pieces are plastic but it's a very strong plastic.

With all that said I'm glad we purchased it. I actually put some Velcro below the screen part so I can attach my iPad whenever I'm working out and watch movies, listen to music, etc. I do not want to take any liability if you do this and your electronic device falls, I'm just saying that I did it and it's pretty fun (although not the safest thing to do).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Elliptical, September 15, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
This is a fantastic elliptical. It was packaged very well and all of the labels and numbers helped with the assembly. I am very impressed with the quality of this machine and I like the LCD screen. I have recommended it to others. I give this a 5 star review. No problems with this unit and it sure beats the machine that I purchased from Gold Gym Walmart. I like the size of the machine too. It's also not noisy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome machine for the price!, May 9, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
Although my husband and I put this trainer together just yesterday, and I've only used it twice now, he used it only once, it is awesome! The directions were easy, but you MUST READ them, not just look at the diagrams, trust me!! Also, we were very pleasantly surprised to discover that all the nuts, bolts and screwdrivers were very secure in nice, organized labeled "kits" to better assist you! About 20 min. assembly.
It took me at least a full month of searching to find a machine small enough for my home (we are fulltime RVers), and one that is under $500. This is that dream realized!
The machine is easy to use, with the computer supplying the resistance. So far I am only using the first minimal resistance because I found that even the first pre-programmed mode was tough for me!! That makes this machine even better!
Using both the elliptical part as well as the bicycle part in conjunction with each other, I am getting a really good workout, but comfortable. After a few minutes of elliptical walking, I have to sit, so that's where the bicycle comes in play and I don't have to stop working out to rest. I simply bicycle for a few minutes and stand up for the elliptical!! Easy.
It is a great quality machine for the price, I do think it will last for the duration in which I require it, and I am so pleased I'm pink. Well, I'm off to try to work out some more on this wonderful piece of equipment. Hurry and get one for yourself and get moving!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for the price, September 11, 2010
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
I really do love this machine. It is wonderful quality for the price I paid. I love the display and the resistance. My only issues are the noises that seem to come from inside, shortly after I started using it. Up until then it was very quiet. Can't seem to locate the source of the noise, but we're thinking it's from the wheel part that was already assembled. Regardless, I listen to headphones while working out so I can't hear it very well, though I can feel it catching slightly. There is a very slight wobble to the machine, but it certainly doesn't feel like it's going to tip over. It is very sturdy. I LOVE the elliptical/bike combo. It really is perfect and it keeps your workout from getting boring. Definately recommend!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money!, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer (Sports)
We used this elliptical/bike twice and it started making a clanging/clicking sound. We called the manufacturer and they said that it sounded like the bearings were bad. It is also very akward to use it as a bike and hard to push the petals- I am 5'6" and my husband is 6'1" and we had a hard time pushing the petals so could only use it really well as an elliptical. However, when you use it as an elliptical it is wobbly because the front support bar is not wide enough. We returned it to Amazon and got our money back. Amazon was very good about returning this product, but it is a peice of junk. Don't waste your money.

Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer