Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on January 2, 2007
If you tried everything, and nothing works, try this. If you know all the "right stuff" to do to lose weight (what to eat, how to exercise, etc.) but can't seem to do it, try this. If you're overwhelmed and don't know where to begin, try this. If you look in the mirror, or stand in front of your closet and cry with unhappiness, it's time to change. Get to the root of the problem and deal with the issue, not the consequence. Your weight issues are only the symptoms, not the "real" problem. I love the Zig Ziglar term "stinkin' thinkin'." This book will help you discover what your stinkin' thinkin' is, how you got it, and how to change it. When you change your thinking, you will change your WHOLE self...it will come, I promise! Learn how to "FLY" - Finally loving yourself. Check out the Flylady website while you're at it. She's amazing!
33 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2007
I've read both Sink Reflections and Body Clutter, and I am a member on the FlyLady website - and I testify this author has helped me. Every day I've dealt with many things that get to me - I don't think a woman can get to middle age and not have a load of body clutter and mind clutter, and bits of perfectionism that lead us to be very unhappy. But every day I now find bright spots. I'm far less critical of myself, my family or work or situations that in past would keep me up all night. I find it easier now to be happy with myself and my life, and I can see myself being happy in the future, so I don't feel this is short term happiness. I thank both authors for improving my life, and the lives of my family!

Please buy this book, take your time reading and thinking on it, and join the Flylady website. :)
11 comment|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2007
This is NOT a weight loss book. This is a book about losing body clutter -- but to do that, you have to lose "mental clutter." I've always thought this book should be called "Mental Clutter" because by flinging all of that, it allows us to fling the body clutter as well.

This is the last "weight loss" book you will EVER need. Because it will get to the roots of the problem, gently, once and for all and teach you to start from the ground up to rebuild yourself in a healthy, gentle way!
0Comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2007
I've read most or all of her books. What makes this special is that she's just like all of us and has found the key to a better life. I've been "flying" for almost a year. I fight routine, being told what to do, etc. You are not required to do anything except look at what you want and learning to get it that you must make some decisions for yourself, no one else. It is priceless. This is a gentle, loving method to a better life; it's not about getting skinny. It's about finding peace with yourself, your life, and who you are, as well as, no matter what your situation (handicapped, well-educated, poor, rich, beautiful) how to love yourself. Not an easy task for many of us. Best of all, you don't have to go anywhere, pay anyone, buy anything to be a "flybaby". (The book is probably in your local library!) Read it and make what you want of it. It's your life.
0Comment|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I bought the first edition of this book the day it was available from the Flylady website. It can be a life changing book - if you're ready. It can be a very hard to face book if you're not.

There is no magic pill for facing the "excess baggage" we've accumulated - there are no magic "eat this and you will lose weight" ideas. There is simply heartfelt information for helping you look at yourself (and the choices you make) and make real changes that will make a difference - not only in physical appearance, but in attitude and PEACE as well.

All the while you're reading, Marla's straightforward- yet kind- writing let's you know that no matter what body clutter you're facing, it's okay - you are worth loving, and you can make any changes you want to make.

I've read this book three times - the first two times I found it too hard to face the reasons I've been eating myself to death. (It was WAY easier to face my house and my finances than my body clutter!) But the seeds of change were planted, and started to grow. Over Christmas, I just finished reading it for the third time - and I'm finally ready - ready to face myself - and start loving myself enough to take care of myself.

Thank you, Marla, for the life changing gifts of your website and your books.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2007
As a person who has gained and lost the same 50 plus pounds again and again, I can tell you that there are many books out there, many programs, fads and the like. I know, because I have spent countless amounts of money on them to no avail. This new book is unlike any other I have ever read.

This book actually takes you on a gentle journey to the reasons why you are eating more than you need. As a trained counselor, I can tell you that this book is very sound in principle and concept.

And the most amazing this is - IT WORKS LIKE NOTHING ELSE I HAVE EVER TRIED.

Thank you Marla and team for getting this book out to us all - you are a lifesaver!
0Comment|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2006
As the book says early on, almost any diet will work if you stick with it. This is the book that will help you start and stick with it - not stick with a fad diet, but a healthy diet for life. If you can be honest with yourself as you read the book, the authors will help you to understand why you eat the way you do, and why it doesn't work.

The "body clutter" of the title isn't just excess weight, it's also the mental clutter that keeps us from treating our bodies the right way. I recommend this book to anyone who needs a better understanding of nutrition and caring guidance in providing it for themselves. I especially recommend it for anyone with weight issues that has experienced the "yo-yo" diet effect over the years.
on January 3, 2007
I've been a "Fly-Baby" for years now, and wholeheartedly welcomed this book by "Fly Lady" Marla Cilley and "Dinner Diva" Leanne Ely. These two ladies are wonderful, realistic guides to help you figure out what kinds of little (and not-so-little) demons lie behind self-destructive choices -- and then get BEYOND them! Moreover, the book provides many practical suggestions to become a healthier and happier person; this is a totally "do-able" plan of action, unlike some drastic self-improvement programs.

As previous reviewers have stated, it is not always an easy book to read, in that it makes you simultaneously hold up a figurative mirror and flashlight to look at painful areas in your life. But if you're really considering some significant (albeit gradual) life changes, I can't think of a better place to begin than to purchase and READ this book!
on January 2, 2007
This book is a amazing challenge to look inside yourself, really look. To figure out why you've allowed "body clutter" to find your body at all. It's not a weight loss book. It's a life changing book. I recommend it to everyone.
on January 3, 2007
From the first chapter, called "Food: The Ultimate Weapon of Self-Destruction I have found myself in each page. FlyLady and Leanne have had the courage to put themselves out there emotionally in order to help all of us figure out why we have all this body clutter and how we can release it, baby step by baby step. I have cried (purple puddles and full on sobbing) as I have related to so many of the things that these wonderful women talk about. I read the first 5 chapters while taking a bubble bath (December's habit from the FlyLady website was to pamper yourself everyday in some way)and then realized that I really needed to do my journaling assignments at the end of each chapter so I have started back over and am re-reading and journaling and it has already made such a difference! Get this book if you want to learn to Finally Love Yourself and learn how to release all the Body Clutter that has accumulated over the years. You won't be sorry! I promise!