5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!
Published on April 13, 2011 by M. Ramstedt

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle or Not - Book is Overrated!!!
Published on April 14, 2011 by ShaWashanah

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!, April 13, 2011
I wanted to write a review the moment I finished reading this book, b/c of all the speculation of false reviews.. I am a normal 28yo woman.. Mother of 2 and have 3 jobs.. Since I was 12 yo I have been taking any weight loss suplement that came my way.. I deal with headaches, extreme hunger and lord only knows what damage I have done attempting every diet under the sun. I have always thought to myself, if I could only find someone to just tell me how things inside are working in my body so that I can just do what is right.. It can not be as hard as it seems to lose weight! This is EXACTLY what this book does, there are so many analogies that make your body make sense, coupled with those analogies are examples of real people who were dealing with the issues he is dicussing and how they overcame them.. The way he writes makes it so easy to read and understand, the examples of food and exercise are simple. There is not an ounce of gimick or "quick fix" to this book, it is certainly not a diet.. I wouldn't even call it a program as he does.. It really to me seems like DUH, this is just how you should eat and take care of yourself.. Anyway b/c of the sceptical reviews I am going to document my success w/this book through Amazon, as someone who has struggled for so many years I could not be more excited to have found this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Body Confidence - unlike any othe program before, April 5, 2011
I first learned about Body Confidence from Venice Nutrition in August 2009. In 5 months my way of thinking about exercise and nutrition was transformed as I learned more about the fundamental principles of:

a-protein, fat and carb balances in each meal
b-calories/meal to eat
c-frequency of meals

The myths of the diet fad world were erased such as eliminate carbs, don't eat before bed, etc. My metabolism increased, my energy soared and my workouts were revised and in weeks I was seeing fitness improvements that I had failed to see on any other program. I dropped over 35 lbs and 16% body fat in 5 months and have maintained that level of fitness for over 18 months.

I have watched family and friends benefit from this same program which is based on sound nutrition fundamentals. Purchasing this book will be the last book that you need to buy to reach your fitness and nutrition goals. Body Confidence is for you if you are ready to take your body and health to the next level!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Effective, Science-based nutrition plan you can actually live with, April 5, 2011
Being a Fitness and Nutrition Professional, I get asked but clients all the time "what is the best diet?" You can go into any bookstore or online and find hundreds of different diet books, dvds, and programs.

I see two major problems with 99% of the diet programs out there 1) They help you lose weight but don't focus on maintaining muscle mass or stabablizing blood sugar so you virtually ALWAYS gain the weight back and feel like crap on the diet 2) They are based on doing something extreme that you will never be able to continue for life

The Venice Nutrition Program is science based and focuses on creating balance in the body so that your body can maximize fat-burning and muscle building/toning while maintaining consistent energy levels throughout the day. Best of all, the Venice program is NOT a diet, it is a way of eating that anyone can follow and get results and can continue eating a wide variety of foods for life.

I knew that the book Body Confidence would not disapoint and it definitely has not! Body Confidence shows you step by step how to create the body you have always wanted and feel great at the same time.

Bravo to Mark MacDonald for taking a stand and telling the truth about what is takes for safe effective permanent fat loss and a lifetime of healthy living.

If people will listen, I believe this book can help revolutionize how we think about exercise and food as a society.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not afraid to review...., May 4, 2011
I have read the majority of the reviews that have been posted about Body Confidence and I am here to set the record straight on a few. As you may be able to deduce from my pen name, I am a "success story" in the book and I'm not afraid to let everyone know. A couple folks have alluded to the idea that the posted reviews might be "canned." First let me say, if that were the case, wouldn't I, being a feature in the book, have written a "canned" review long before now?! Secondly, my story in the book is 10,000% real so I promote the book and Venice Nutrition for all the right reasons....BECAUSE IT WORKS!!!! I grew up competing in gymnastics, softball, and track but stopped when I got to college. During college, and the few years following, my body changed slightly as I wasn't getting the same intensity of exercise but also wasn't eating balanced; I was always a healthy eater, but not balanced. As a personal trainer my clients want nutrition advice but having struggled through Atkins, South Beach, and the like, I didn't want to point them in those directions. Systems like these will drop weight quickly but you'll crash within 4 or 5 weeks due to lack of proper calorie intake or carbohydrates which are essential to the proper functioning of the body. You won't last on them long and you'll end up gaining back more weight than you started with. I met Mark MacDonald in Atlanta, GA and started living the Venice Nutrition Way. It changed my body almost immediately. I've never needed to lose more than 10 pounds or so, and most people wouldn't even have noticed that on me, but I was able to fine tune shall we say. I have loved the way I feel on Venice for over 3 years and have been coaching clients for over 2. All of my clients that follow through with their plan have seen results - I mean it, ALL that follow through see results!! In fact, I was coaching at a local plastic surgery center and countless clients approached the surgeons to thank them for introducing them to me and to Venice Nutrition. I have clients email or call me over a year later to thank me and let me know how much they love the way they look and feel on Venice. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion and to write a review and I am not condemning anyone for that. However, please do not let the few negative reviews deter you from a life of happiness and confidence with your body.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGER!, April 5, 2011
Venice Nutrition's system and Body Confidence has truly been a life changer for me! Even through my first pregnancy, I have been able to maintain a very healthy lifestyle and weight! I feel great instead of run down like I hear from so many moms! I love Venice Nutrition because it TEACHES you how to look at eating and nutrition as a lifestyle choice rather than a DIET!!!! This is a life lesson and can really change the way you look, feel and live! PLEASE READ & ENJOY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle or Not - Book is Overrated!!!, April 14, 2011
1) I thought the reviews were more glowing than the next too and they do appear to be "canned" but that can simply be their experience of the plan itself and/or book! It was a relief to see honest reviews from L. Salmons & Kristi! What made them honest was that they gave the pros and cons! Every diet/plan has a con, I believe! I have to agree with L. Salmons & Kristi reviews! I do NOT like the fact that they were attacked for sharing their experience/review of the book! Had their reviews been available before I bought the book, I would have not wasted my money! I am so disappointed...

2) I am already on a diet that teaches me to eat 5-6 small meals! I have already lost 20lbs and have 30lbs to go! I really thought and believed this book would have given me something I did not already have/know! So after seeing Mr. MacDonald on Chelsea Lately (love her) I figured why not give it a try! I wasn't impressed at all and hate I wasted my money! I am returning this book ASAP and am not recommending it to any one!

3) After getting the book, I was looking for something that was more to the point! The MAIN points are jumbled between success stories of which I would rather read about at the end of the book and not so many! Any one new to this program should not have to fumble through success stories to get through what steps to take next - sorry! That was an extreme turn off. I would read, then write out the steps then had to stop because here goes another success story - we get it, it works for (some) people!

4) Pictures of recipes or additional information regarding body types during a typical day would be more helpful than endless pages of "success stories". There were so many, honestly, it should be a book of its own!

5) I did not understand why vegetables were not included the diet although they are free food!

6) The book could be condensed highly to include straight, to the point information!

5.0 out of 5 stars Body Confidence Believer, April 6, 2011
This is the real deal! I was introduced to the Venice Nutrition program over four years ago and it has given me the education and tools to achieve my goals. I feel great and have maintained a healthy fit look over time - without excessive training, sugar cravings, deprivation. It's wonderful to see the book published to give others access to this life changing information.

3.0 out of 5 stars do not buy kindle edition, April 11, 2011
First off DO NOT purchase it on a Kindle it is hard to flip through. The book contains endless pages on "success" stories when really i would like to know how I can implement the program into my life. The book does not include pictures of what any of the recipes should look like which would be more helpful than another page with another picture of a "success story". The book does give insight on ways to implement more protein into your diet but gives very general recipes and meal plans. Everyone already knows that a grilled chicken salad is healthy and that dressing is fattening add some diversity to the recipes and I would be sold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Thumbs Up ! - Practical and Sensible Nutrition and Fitness Program, May 12, 2011
I accidentally stumbled upon a review of this book and the success that one individual had on the program. The book overview provided on Amazon intrigued me into buying the book. I have a passion for health and wellness programs but rarely do I stumble upon one that resonates with me. Well, I couldn't put this book down. I have been eating clean for a while now but still struggle with the all too often "off plan" meals. My sugar cravings just never seem to dissipate. I exercise regularly but still find that I hang onto a nice plateau. The progam that Mark McDonald outlines in this book is a sensible plan for life! I absolutely agree with the need to stabilize your blood sugar to keep your body in balance. I love the fact that I get to eat 5-6 well balanced meals a day. I am also thrilled that I now know how to tackle those ugly plateaus by incorporating the right combination of strength training and cardio into my fitness routine. I am a huge fan of this book. A big THUMBS UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Venice Nutrition helps our whole family......, April 5, 2011
My family has been following the Venice Nutrition program for over two years with fantastic results. This book makes the program simple to understand and incorporate into your daily life. I'm never hungry, don't have cravings and am in the best shape of my life. Myself and my family highly recommend Body Confidence to you and your family!

Rate and Discover Movies