5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great deal!

Published on May 20, 2009 by Javier

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but "new" product label is misleading
Fine, affordable whey protein. But I am angered by them advertising it as "new" just because it is now 30 grams of protein per scoop instead of 26g. Literally all they did was make the scooper bigger, and they actually decreased the amount of powder per tub from 907g to 885g, so you're actually getting less for your money.
Published 17 months ago by Jason Armstrong

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but "new" product label is misleading, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla, 31.2 Ounces (885g) (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great deal!, May 20, 2009

Each scoop contains a very high 26 grams of protein, 130 calories, 2 grams fat, and 2 grams sugars. There is about 7 grams of BCAA's per 2 scoops. Each scoop is 33 grams of powder and there are about 28 servings per container or if you double scoop about 14 servings per container.

The taste is great when mixed with milk. The vanilla flavor isn't so exciting when mixed with water but is still ok. Make sure to blend this in a blender for best taste. Or atleast use a shaker bottle to mix this with your drink, it wont be as good as blended but still ok. I wouldn't recommend mixing this with a spoon because it tends to get very clumpy and wont disolve thoroughly and doesn't taste very good.

Results are good while using this product. I have gained many pounds of muscle in a few months. So far all my muscle groups have seen gains while using this product. Don't expect this product to be a miracle powder if you don't do the hard work necessary to gain muscle. For best results use before and after your workouts.

Here is the "current" ingredients list:
Whey protein blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate), super recovery blend (creatine monohydrate, taurine, L-glutamine, leucine, isoleucine, valine), cocoa (processed with alkali), natural and artificial flavors, soy lecethin, acesulfame potassium, sucralose.

*This review was provided using the most current "formula" as of writing. I have been using this product for years and every so often they change the formula.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good chocolate protein powder, May 21, 2009
This is a very good whey protein powder. Not only does it contain 100% whey protein, it also contains other supplements which can further enhance results such as creatine, taurine, glutamine, leucine, isoleucine, valine. This brand of protein powder is regularly advertised in magazines such as Muscle and Fitness for years.

Each scoop contains a very high 26 grams of protein, 130 calories, 2 grams fat, 3 grams carbs, and 1 grams sugars. There is about 7 grams of BCAA's per 2 scoops. Each scoop is 33 grams of powder and there are about 28 servings per container or if you double scoop about 14 servings per container.

The chocolate flavor isn't the best but is acceptable. Don't expect this to taste like nesquick or ovaltine or any type of chocolate milk you can think of. The chocolate taste is best when mixed with milk. The chocolate flavor isn't as exciting when mixed with water but is still ok. Make sure to blend this in a blender for best taste. Or atleast use a shaker bottle to mix this with your drink, it wont be as good as blended but still ok. I wouldn't recommend mixing this with a spoon because it tends to get very clumpy and wont disolve thoroughly and doesn't taste very good.

Here is the "current" ingredients list:
Whey protein blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate), super recovery blend (creatine monohydrate, taurine, L-glutamine, leucine, isoleucine, valine), cocoa (processed with alkali), natural and artificial flavors, soy lecethin, acesulfame potassium, sunflower oil, sucralose.

2.0 out of 5 stars Contents don't match the label, September 16, 2013
Mike M. (the 'burgh transplanted in Va Beach) - See all my reviews
Due to my diabetes, I purchased this product because of the labeled low carb and low sugar content. Unfortunately, using this product causes my blood sugar to spike to dangerously high levels. Considering the significant rise in glucose levels each time I tried this product, there is no way that the carbohydrate/sugar content can match what is advertised on the label. Very dangerous and irresponsible.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good whey to go, November 13, 2011
(IT SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING: Even marginally lactose-sensitive people should be looking for the higher percentage whey isolates than this one or avoid whey products entirely for their protein powders.)

A good product nutritionally, and a good value economically.

Taste is something that is always going to be between you and the product.
To me it's taste is certainly within the expected range of what passes for a vanilla-ish flavor these days, but having said that, it does have a STRONG vanilla-ish flavor with an admixture of other flavor components accompanying that main flavor note. In other words, if you know how actual vanilla extract tastes in food and drink, this will not be confused with it. However it does have such a pronounced flavor that it can be diluted quite a bit while retaining the flavor that it does have. If it's mixed with one or more competing but delicate flavors it may well be too strong to pair well with them and mask their flavor entirely. On the other hand, if this is being mixed with other ingredients that also have a strong taste (or an objectionable taste), this may be a very good companion. On balance, I've often tasted much worse flavoring.

The texture is very good for mixing, fine enough that it incorporates fairly quickly even by hand, and it can be used in several ways to boot.

I'm converting from a carb-heavy diet to a significantly higher protein one so anything that gets primarily UNACCOMPANIED LEAN protein into the regime is a boon for me. (Don't need to add more muscle-or to lose weight.)

I've read many recipies for liquid mixtures, but thick liquids are not a favorite for me, so I keep on the lookout for other ways to work this into my regime. Lately I've been doing something that might not sound too appealing, but for cold cereal people, especially ones who still feel the urge to put some sweetener on the cereal, listen up-here's an easy and almost painless way to get more protein into your breakfast-without creating additional items to clean up.

This is also sweet enough that you'll have no need or WANT to add more sugar. Try about 1/2 scoop worth with your cold cereal-UNmixed, by sprinkling the powder directly onto the already milk saturated surface of a bowl of dry cereal and let become saturated. You may not even have to stir it(I don't, and if the taste is too strong for you, by putting it onto half of the surface you'll be able to dispose of it rapidly and have the remaining cereal to clear the tase from your palate. It will probably mask the cereal's flavor almost entirely as you'd probably expect. It's a sneaky way to add some slower digesting calories to carry further into your day too.

It's hard to beat Fortress Protein Powder for a convenient, inexpensive way to get a good source of readily-digestible protein into one's diet, without also adding substantial amounts of carbs and/or fats, as happens with many other inexpensive protein sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protein for the money!, October 6, 2009
As an amateur competitive bodybuilder I tend to use a lot of whey protein in my diet. And, as someone who has a limited budget, Bodyfortress Whey is a good option. Now, to be honest, I purchase this product at my local supermarket. But, if you don't have it available at yours, purchasing it here with the super saver shipping is a good option.

I think the taste is pretty decent. I believe they use sucralose (splenda) in their formula and that always helps imo. Also, the latest release of this product has added in some creatine and other helpful substances that go great with a protein shake.

Now, if you are using a huge amount of protein every day and on a strict budget, you may be better off ordering a bulk container (think 25-50 lbs) of protein from one of the wholesale/bulk suppliers on the net. Usually you can have this kind of bulk whey concentrate for about $5 a pound or less shipped. But, you have to add your own flavorings etc. That's only if you go through a ton of it as I sometimes do (3 lbs plus per week gets kinda pricey any other way). But, if you are a casual protein buyer/gym rat who uses 1-2 or even 3 scoops per day, this is a good deal. I'll often buy the bodyfortress brand protein when I want a change in flavoring, or when I'm awaiting a big shipment of protein from an online site, or just when I don't want the hassle of mixing in my creatine, flavorings etc.

There are higher quality, fancier proteins out there. But, for the money, you really can't beat bodyfortress!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, January 4, 2013
After trying tons of different protein powders, I will never buy another brand again.
This powder is delicious, but most importantly, dissolves easily in water. NO need for a blender or one of those stupid bottles with a shaker ball.
This dissolves by just stirring with a spoon.
Great deal on a 2-pack, arrived very quickly, within 3 days

4.0 out of 5 stars Im SHOCKED! It is more of a 3.5 but I'll give it a 4 ............, August 13, 2013
I am a stone cold carb, sugar lover and this product actually tastes good. Don't get me wrong it doesn't taste like a chocolate shake but it is more than palatable than some protein shakes that I have tried in the past. I will be using this product in addition to a low carb, low fat way of life. I have a lot of weight to lose and don't want to lose muscle. Hopefully, this product helps keep me tight. I will give more info later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget protein with BCAAs added in but be aware of the cholesterol content., November 2, 2012
C. Corraliza (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My first attempt at protein supplementation after reading numerous strength training forums on which protein to use. Fortunately, I selected what was for me a winner.

Taste:
Mixed with skim milk the taste is sweet as in a vanilla milkshake but not excessively so. Drinking a full scoop with 10oz of milk is filling. Have also used Chocolate and Strawberry. All quite rich and tasty.

Internal Effects:
No flatulence if you know what I refer to as protein powder has a reputation for increasing gas emissions. No upset stomach.

Stacked with:
Body Fortress Creatine and BCA2200.Orgono Sports Recovery as I still do HIIT cardio and want to protect my ligaments/tendonsOrgono Sports Recovery

Gym Results:
Increased bench/chest press lifts by 50lbs in six months. Squat by 80lbs.
Actually shortened my routine and was able to increase reps and of course weight moved.

Visible results:
Mass and definition. Quite noticeable.

Concerns:
High lactose level. Ok to start with or if one is very young. Older athletes should move onto Isolate Whey.

Summary:
Protein supplmentation is the manner to proceed to build any type of muscle due to the constant needs if maintain a regimen. This BF offering is inexpensive and effective. Good starter protein and reliable fallback in case other purchases(we all look for something more potent) miss the mark. Recommend. Available quite inexpensively here as a pack of 2 or at your retail store.

Advice:
Start with this product, add Creatine and BCAAs. Move on to Isolate to reduce the Lactose. Keep it simple. Protein, Creatine, BCAA, multi-vitamins, Omega 3. Oh yes, I do interval cardio on my days off and use a product called Orgono Sports Recovery for my cartilage. No slowdown to my joints despite years of intense hill running.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, I guess, March 4, 2010
It tastes reasonably good.
It's cheap, especially when you subscribe (like I did).
I have no reason to give it a lesser review, or fewer stars.

It's difficult (or next to impossible) for me to compare this to other brands of protein because I would have to follow scientific principles of research. I don't have the time to do that!

I work, I eat protein. I gain weight and muscle. That's all there is to it.