Body Glove Men's Riptide Water Shoe,Black/Yellow,9 M
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I found the Quality/Price ratio of these shoes warrants 5 stars. They're not very expensive, have held up well, and performed their function flawlessly GIVEN the limitations of the product.
Having said that let me take a little back. Apparently EVERY brand of pool shoes uses water soluble glue to hold the shoe insert in place. No one knows why this is but we all know THAT it is. Accept this and move on. I used a hot glue gun to fix mine. If you care to copy me note that the operative word there is HOT. This stuff turns out to be capable of causing second degree burns on your hands. You might want to look into something called "Shoe Goo". There are several varieties on Amazon and my pool exercise instructor swears by the stuff. Since she doesn't have any burn scars on her hands I think this might be good advice.
Once the insoles were glued back in the shoes performed flawlessly.
ADVICE & OBSERVATION
These shoes are the pull on type as opposed to those with some kind of fastener (zipper, Velcro). Since pool shoes only work when they're pretty snug you might want to think about that. I'm working out in the pool due to a back injury and bending over long enough to pull these shoes on causes some pain. That's a defect in the reviewer however and not the product. If you have a similar limitation you might want to look at another model.
I normally take a size 12EE (extra wide) shoe. I ordered these in size 11 and they fit correctly meaning they don't allow my foot to slide around inside them while I'm doing my water buffalo impersonation.
Finally, I've seen several reviews complaining that shoes like this do not keep sand away from your pinky toe when worn at the beach.Read more ›
Don't bother with these, I've tried them all:
Vibram Five Fingers - falls apart
Merrell Tough Glove - ankle chafes
Nike Free - no ground feel, falls apart
VivoBarefoot - OK but lots of $$$$
Get a pair of Riptides, go down one size, remove the sole, and run circles around your trendy friends that grossly overpaid for their "barefoot" shoes!
- The shoes fit really well, look nice and are very comfortable. I purchased one size smaller as others had suggested. I've owned a few pairs of water shoes over the years, and these were likely the most comfortable I've ever had.
- They have insoles which are unattached / loose, like athletic shoes. This didn't bother me though since the fit was nice & snug.
- A very light fabric material is glued to the rubber outsole of the shoe. This isn't bad necessarily, but the traction was worse than with straight rubber. Traction improved markedly once the fabric material wore away.
- They take a somewhat long time to dry (for water shoes). It seems they are made from a thicker / padded neoprene-like material. This seemed to enhance comfort, but also seemed to absorb more water.
(Really) Bad Stuff...
- The durability of these shoes is terrible; by far the worst I've ever experienced. They lasted for 6 days, then I had to throw them out. In that 6 day period the traction on the outsole wore completely flat, my big toes were wearing holes through the uppers, and my left foot punched completely through the front of its shoe after a minor windsurfing wipe-out. I never ran or put any intense stress on the shoes. Aside from stepping around a few shore rocks I was primarily walking on sand where most people go barefoot.
- I wouldn't recommend these shoes due to the durability issues. They would likely suffice for lounging at the beach / pool or other very light-duty uses, but they wear out ridiculously quickly with even minor activity. I previously owned a pair of Deep See Beach Walkers which lasted through a Caribbean vacation themselves and a year and a half beyond.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
had to cut a slit at the top to allow circulation to my foot after putting them on they are VERY narrow I would not buy this brand again there are better shoes on the market for... Read morePublished 5 months ago by bigblack12
The only downfall is that the inside of the shoe slips around while in the water.Published 12 months ago by Gerry R. Threatt
They were very helpful when I was able to do water aerobics. I haven't been able to use them for months due to medical issues. They fit well. Read morePublished 12 months ago by John Richardson
bought this knowing i would be walking over lots of shells, rocks, and dead coral. was functionally ok, however the size ran a little large, and only after that 1 trip the sole... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Andrew
Love these! Finally got my husband in the water and walking on the beach with sensitive feet. These protected just enough that we're able to enjoy.Published 13 months ago by Ivy