‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, July 6, 2005
Ann (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body of Health: The New Science of Intuition Medicine for Energy and Balance (Paperback)
I so enjoyed reading this book. Francesca McCartney's writing style is very clear and the content very compelling. I appreciated how she began the book with a(very interesting)personal story. After just the first two chapters I realized that I was going to receive a HUGE amount of information in a very accessible format in this book. I can't imagine the process of distilling so much complex information into such an easy to read format. The endnotes and bibliography demonstrate the extensive thought and research that went into this valuable sourcebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book on Energy Healing, January 11, 2006
M. Swanson (Middlebury, VT United States) - See all my reviews
I've read hundreds of books on Chakras and Energy Healings and this is the most informative, grounded and clear book I've ever seen. The books is well written, easy to understand and has so much practical information I find myself returning to it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, March 1, 2007
This is a must read for those who are interested in learning energy work. Everything is short and clear; easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexandra's Book Club, September 30, 2008
One of the highlights of my summer was serving as a teaching assistant at a workshop called "The Language of Intuition," at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York. The workshop, taught by Dr. Francesca McCartney, founder of the Academy of Intuition Medicine in Sausalito CA., was a sampling of the material in her book, Body of Health. I trained with Dr. McCartney and this review showcases her book which should be a foundation for anyone building a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling life

The major building blocks of developing your ability to listen to your intuitive intelligence are described in great detail, with exercises that move from theory to integration. Since all of you have worked with me, do you remember my focus on grounding from the first moment we begin? Body of Health shows you myriad ways to de-code what it really means to be grounded and how vitally important it is. Grounding to the earth is an integral part of the practice of living in health and balance. We are constantly exchanging energy and information, and an overload of this is called stress. It's an over used word, but the depletion is real and there are many ways to manage it. The author describes herself as an "energy technician," and my goal for you all is to have full toolboxes of resources for the inevitable challenges to your mental, physical and spiritual health. These are complex systems that make up the human experience and there is a beauty of enhancing wisdom through experiential exercises in the areas of your life force, aura, and chakra system. For those who want to start a meditation practice, there is a very comprehensive section on just how to do that.

I have client who, when asked to set an intention for our work together said, "I want to trust myself." How wise of her. We are working with, reading about, and identifying your subtle energies and Body of Health gives a very clear blueprint. Trust opens up when understanding opens up, and this book contributes towards understanding.

My desire for you is to find ways to restore or increase vitality and since school is back in session it's a good time to broaden knowledge and add to your essential skills. Then we'll have an intuitive intelligence quiz for a change!

Alex
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a look inside..., September 27, 2007
So many of us have clocked hours and hours at yoga classes, workshops, seminars, or at the gym. Sometimes we can't make it to class, and sometimes the need for centering arises suddenly, so here's a handbook to help you develop techniques to complement those healthy habits.

The ideas in this book helped me develop a personalized daily practice. I turn to it for inspiration and how-to's and depend on it to help me through my week whether I make it to my yoga class or not. Its many techniques and how to's help you use spare minutes throughout the day to develop your own health-giving and spirit-nourishing practices. It's all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Endorsements, May 28, 2005
F. A. McCartney (San Francisco Bay Area , USA) - See all my reviews
Body of Health is a marvelous antidote to the stress of modern life. With insights into energy blocks and clues to open them, here is your opportunity to study and practice the medicine of the twenty-first century.

- from the foreword by C. Norman Shealy, MD, PhD

Francesca McCartney has written a wonderful, clear, insightful book about Intuition Medicine. She is an excellent teacher with years of experience and dedication to bringing intuition into health care. Don't miss out on learning from her. Highly recommended.

~Judith Orloff, M.D.

Author, Positive Energy and Guide to Intuitive Healing

Skillfully lays out a practical path for cultivating your intuitive powers. . . Beyond the superb theory and methods, Francesca's personal story pulls you into your own intuitive depths. I recommend this book wholeheartedly.

~Donna Eden

Author, Energy Medicine

Intuition is our birthright, and we can either honor or ignore it. If we choose to respect and develop this inner wisdom, our lives will be more joyful and fulfilled, and we can be of greater service to others. Francesca McCartney is a skillful guide in the task of refining this ancient way of knowing.

~Larry Dossey, MD

Author: The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things, Reinventing Medicine, and Healing Words

Dr. McCartney defines our bioenergetic nature and guides us to boldly explore what we intuitively know, yet only rarely dare admit. "Body of Health" acknowledges and embraces our entire self, going beyond philosophy and into the realm of lifestyle practice. It is more than an owner's manual for human beings that reminds us what we are and providing directions for our return to wholeness; it is also a recipe for cosmic healing.

~Len Saputo, MD

Founder, Health Medicine Institute

Editor, Boosting Immunity

Body of Health offers practical and powerful tools that can help us create

and maintain good health on all levels.

~Shakti Gawain,

Author: Creative Visualization and Path of Transformation

Body of Health is a delightful book, chock full of simple exercises to remind you that your intuitive skills are always present, patiently waiting

for your attention. Francesca McCartney provides an excellent survey of practical techniques and lore about the connections between intuition and health.

~Dean Radin, PhD, senior scientist, Institute of Noetic Sciences

Author, The Conscious Universe

Body of Health is a potent guide to opening up to the innate wisdom that we all possess. It's one of those rare books packed with the kind of usable information to help you lead a full, balanced and creative life.

~Marcia Emery, Ph.D.

Author, PowerHunch and The Intuitive Healer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Handbook for Sensitive People, April 30, 2011
This book has been invaluable for helping me understand my energy system and how to better manage my (and keep out others) energy. As someone who has been sensitive my whole life and only recently began to understand what that means, this book has been a treasure trove of information for creating better health and well-being. I have taken a lot of classes and read a lot of books on these subjects, but I find Francesca to be very practical, almost scientific in her approach to such esoteric topics as auras, chakras and color, which makes is easier to understand and apply in a concrete way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Guide, May 26, 2010
I have read Body of Health myriad times over the last few years -- and have purchased more than a few copies (as my friends have become so attached to the copies I have loaned that it has seemed a pity to request them back!). Body of Health is a fascinating alchemy of science, technique, beautiful imagery, and down-to-earth practical advice. Therein are clear examples detailing disturbances in one's energetic anatomy -- and how to distinguish, diagnose and heal them. And the reverse is true as well: how to notice and appreciate when all is running smoothly, and the sensations and indicators of energetic balance in one's life.

This book is precise, clear, and rich with textured information and intriguing case studies. It is not a guide to mindlessly peruse with a mug of hot chocolate -- but a core curriculum to which to diligently refer in varied circumstances (hot chocolate optional). The contents are truly encyclopedic.

Precise and clear does not mean simplistic, however. The book wonderfully illustrates the vibratory effects of colour, imagery and sensory input on a complex interweaving and vivified energetic system -- our natural birthright. The author really spurred me to think in new ways about the true consequences of my daily interactions and their direct personal repercussions. I can no longer be dismissive of that which my body and my intuition have been trying so valiantly to impart. Nor the consequences of refusing to heed them. She has clear check lists which describe and remedy symptoms not generally validated in standard medical practise, today. This book and the accompanying recorded meditations (on CDs) have replaced fruitless and frustrating trips to doctors for symptoms they could neither recognise nor ameliorate. I now realise (for example) the effects of leaving my home ungrounded, depleted or unprotected -- and can take steps to change the momentum and bring myself back to a state of health, vibrance and wholeness. The feedback I have received from my life and health inspires me to continue on this path. May all find peace, harmony, and happiness in every moment and in the richness of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lotus Guide Magazine Review, August 5, 2010
Body of Health: The New Science of Intuition Medicine for Energy & Balance
By Francesca McCartney, Ph.D.
ISBN: 1-57731-488-3 (New World Library-2005)

An invaluable book for practitioners and students looking for the latest information on energetic and intuitive medicine. As we move into the 21st Century it will be imperative to learn new ways to deal with everyday stress and health issues without succumbing to the temptation of pharmaceutical quick fixes that have accumulative and long term adverse effects on our health. For far too long we have given away our power and in the process forgot that we have the inner wisdom to heal ourselves. A clear insight into self-healing.

Dhara Lemos, The Lotus Guide Magazine
Dhara's Active Meditation

5.0 out of 5 stars The Healing Power of Intuition, June 3, 2010
Intuition: a powerful tool to any holisitic approach to health and Dr. Francesca McCartney shares from her abundant "library" of knowledge. This book is a must read for anyone interested in the empowering ability to focus their inner wisdom to create balance, health and wellness and tap into a rich source of energy. I especially appreciate the grounded, balance approach in the book blending the best of science and spirituality. Dr. McCartney is a gifted teacher and writer and I highly recommend this book not only for the serious student, but as a book for self-study, growth and expansion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Body of Health: The New Science of Intuition Medicine for Energy and Balance
Body of Health: The New Science of Intuition Medicine for Energy and Balance by Francesca McCartney (Paperback - April 10, 2005)
$19.95 $15.32