Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Body By Jake Ab Scissor Ultra
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 20, 2005
Let me start out by saying, I'm a middle-aged woman who has given birth to two children. I'm in decent shape physically, do 2-3 miles per day, eat a low-calorie/low fat diet, and do extended sessions on this machine (almost) every day.

It's a low stress (no back pain), tolerable workout and I can watch stuff on TiVO while I do it. I've got nothing close to a six-pack, but this machine enables me to keep the flab from folding over the top of my jeans and feel good about my gut.

It folds up nicely and doesn't take up too much room. And of all the "ab" gizmos I've tried over the years, it's the one I like the best.
on August 28, 2005
I agree and disagree with what the other review said. Not everyone is a "young buck". Crunches DO hurt your back and neck if not done properly or if you already suffer from back pain. Most machines like this one just help you with your form. I agree that you shouldn't expect to eat whatever you want and use the AbScissor for 4 minutes a day and have a 6 pack. I think the AbScissor is best if you use it in addition to your regular diet and exercise program to maybe push you past a plateau and enhance your results (you can adjust the difficulty as well). For the most part, I recommend this for people who already have an exercise regimen or for people that eat healthy and want to get rid of a little pouch. I wouldnt suggest this for super athletic people, it might not be challenging enough. A tip if you do decide to buy: dont make this an arm workout, you will not see results. Like any other exercise, if you commit to it you will see results.
on March 10, 2011
Just to start out i don't actually own the machine but a friend lets me use it when we work out together and he uses it as well. I usually work out at the gym 3-4 times a week really working hard on my abs because i've had back problems...herniated discs 2 of them in lower back. this machine i believe works your abs better than the thousand dollar machine at the fitness center plus it helps your lower abs as well. so i don't really know how long it will hold up but it seems alright. plus you can turn your feet sideways and work on your lateral abs.
on September 6, 2009
I bought this piece of equipment hoping it would mimic the similiar
type at my local health club. I don't know how to explain it but
it just doesn't quite work the way it should. There is a reason it now goes for $50
or less on ebay. The machine is not a total waste but I would not purchase again.
Maybe I am just too spoiled with the professional quality abs machines at the gym.
on November 14, 2009
This machine gives great exercise and I use it every day. I left off the foot support that makes me crunch excessively. You can do this by just not attaching the big plastic foot piece when you assemble yours. With the bulky foot accessory off of the machine I can use one foot on the metal foot bar to add the exact degree of difficulty to the exercise that I like on a particular day. It's cool.
on November 7, 2006
do not waste your money. when item was used beyond stated return days to assure it was given a fair chance to actually work, company refused to take the item back. let the buyer beware.
on July 21, 2005
If you're a senior citizen over 60 that is plagued by physical problems willing to pay 250 bucks out of your wealthy retirement money to own the AbScissor, then have at it. But if you're a young gun like me, you might as well get on the floor and start gettin' after them crunches. Body by Jake commercials don't do any justice, because they always mention how crunches "strain" your back. That makes me chuckle. Why? Well, I for one have yet to do a crunch that ever hurt my back, or my neck for that matter. Besides, crunches are the best way to strengthen abdominal muscles; no other way to put it. And if you're wanting your abdominal muscles to show, the only way to do it is to go on a diet. Simply put, abs are made in the kitchen before they are made in exercise.

This product is advertised that if you do this exercise for four minutes a day that your abs will show in no time. Riiiiight. Many fitness experts have said that it has taken them years to develop good abdominals.

So who are you going to believe, the experts or a product out to get your dollar?