4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
Published on July 15, 2009 by T. Adams

2.0 out of 5 stars OK
It does let you hang upside down. Doesn't go all the way back on its own, so you have to kind of crawl backward like an assisted handstand. Doesn't lock into inverted position. This one didn't say it did, but wish I would've got one that did. This machine did, however, say it would stow away flat. Not happening. But I guess since it's the cheapest out there, I got what I...
Published on September 27, 2009 by Frank Laroche IV

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, July 15, 2009
T. Adams (Rochester Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
Knowing these things can run upwards of $300-400 I was expecting something of less quality when I ordered this $119.00 unit. I am pleasantly surprised with the sturdiness and construction of this table. I would recommend it to all my family and friends. It was pretty easy to assemble, there was some pre-assembly out of the box. The only thing negative I have to say about it is that once assembled, it is a challenge to move around. It is on the heavy side, which is good in that it is heavy duty, but it doesn't fold down to a manageable size if you wan't to move it from room to room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, March 4, 2009
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I tried an inversion table a week ago at a gym and had to have one. I ordered this one on Monday and got it on Tuesday with free shipping so that was exciting in itself. Assembly was pretty easy, the bolts are already in the holes they go in, so that saves time looking to see which one you need. Put together it seems pretty sturdy. I had it put together in less than an hour by my self.
The inversion felt good, I was on a Teeter table at the gym and while it was super nice, I am not going to spend that much money, right out of the gate.
My only complaint is, I am not that tall and to set the table at a full inversion, with the foot slippage, my head hit the metal bar instead of resting on the mat part. I think I can fix this with a travel pillow. My arms also are touching the ground, but I can also live with this. Overall I am really happy, my back and shoulder don't hurt this morning and my hips aren't screaming at me for all the sitting and driving that I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, October 14, 2010
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I've had the Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table now for over a month and I know it has helped me to relieve some of my back pain. The first thing I did was consult my back surgeon about any potential benefits or harm. Only after he gave me complete approval on the idea did I purchase the machine.

I am a 52 year old male that has had chronic back pain for over 22 years. I had a herniated disc at the L4-L5 location which ended up completely eroding away. I had major back surgery that literally fused the two vertebrae at that location 3 years ago. I also have aggressive osteo and rheumatoid arthritis throughout my back which adds to my already complicated problems. My surgeon told me that by using the table it will help align my back while promoting better blood circulation. Both of these things will help to minimize my discomfort. His only caution was not to overdo the sessions.

I went for the Amazon lowest price over more expensive units elsewhere. They all seem to have the same benefits and I didn't want to pay for the extra bells and whistles of other models. This table is as others have described in ruggedness. I was surprised by its strength. I had it together and was trying it out in less than 30 minutes.

For me it suits my use very well. I'm already at the 60 degree level for over 10 minutes and I use it 2 to 3 times a day. It really started to make a difference in how I felt almost immediately. I could feel the vertebrae being slightly pulled apart which relieved the pressure of the arthritis. After a few days I noticed my walking posture had improved which also aided in the pain relief.

Being a heavier person of 250 pounds the only drawback I have seen to this unit is that when inverted the pressure that is being applied to front and back of the ankles to hold you in place is somewhat discomforting. But after a few minutes I was able to overcome the discomfort. What I ended up doing, however, was to add more cushion to the area by either placing hand towels or pieces of bubble wrap around my ankles. The foam pads might be enough cushioning for most people but for me I needed some extra cushioning.

In summary, being a practical person, I would have given this product a 5 star rating because it does everything it says it could do and I do like the fact that it is a very rugged item. But because it's not suited for the heavier person, because of the pressure around the ankle problem (although it's stated maximum weight limit is 250 pounds) I only gave it 4 stars. If you want the "best bang for your buck" though this table is the one you should get.

Amazon came through like a champ, as always, as I had the table in only 3 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for back pain, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I won't lie and tell you that my pain is cured; however, I can truthfully state that it helps immensely. It relieves tension in my back and ultimately results in easier, less painful days. Don't be fooled into thinking that the $280 inversion tables are any better. The Body Max was simple to put together and folds easily for easy storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Your Back - Back!, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
Twice a month I visit the chiropractor for an adjustment. After I tried an inversion table at a friends house, I was hooked. This Body Power table is amazing. After the first three minutes inverted, I could actually feel the "stretch" in my entire back - it felt good.

Assembling this table looked a bit daunting at first, especially since they recommend you assemble it with two people. However, with a little patience and `alone', I had it together in less than an hour. The material is sturdy, comfortable and easily adjustable. At 5'-11" and 195 pounds, it was easy to set the ankle and table length to the proper fitting. The ankle pads are thick and just padded enough to so you can relax your feet and ankles while hanging. However, these ankle pads are not heavy duty and there is some slight discomfort. I am not sure how long they will stay non-compressed. The safety strap is also easily adjustable to let you decide how severe an angle you want to hang with. I went for the complete invert right away. This part was a tad unnerving, as you have to go slowly. Placing my hands above my head, the table quickly flipped until I was upside down. I highly recommend you go slowly and use the comfortable side bars. Getting back up is also easy by simply pulling on those same side bars.

It is recommended that you always wear shoes/sneakers while using the table, but I did notice that the rough foot rest's `sandpaper' that is glued to the foot rest started to peel at the edges right away, but this is a minor quibble. It is nice to be able to simply fold the entire table up to move to another room. Do note the ad here that you will feel a loosening of tension in your back, neck and muscles. I've only had this a few days, but I can truly feel the difference and can't wait to see my chiropractor again. Also, when is the last time you spent only one hundred dollars for a truly helpful piece of medical equipment?

4.0 out of 5 stars I HAD back pain..., July 11, 2009
Amy (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I was looking for back relief for a reasonable price. Researched lots of products, mainly based on customer feedback, so here's mine; Value=A+! Very sturdy. The hardware for assembly was a drawback. Missing a couple pieces,(couple nuts & a bolt); went to the local hardware store & bought new ones to avoid returning the whole thing. Plus, some of the "pre-assembled" parts were done incorrectly, so fixed them myself. If you don't have access to tools at home, borrow your friend's socket set and/or pliers. BUT,I love the results already for my pain! (I have a compressed T-4 vertebrae, bruised tail-bone, crooked pelvis, etc.) If you're REALLY short/tall, research these inversion tables in more detail. I'm 5'7"; had to adjust the height setting for 2 more inches=5'9". (Lowest setting is 4'9"/highest is 6'5") Just trying to offer helpful hints about this table...don't be scared of the mechanics of it (if you don't mind the trip to the hardware store). The back relief is so worth it! One other table I researched was the "Calm"(?) table. Same price, great reviews, (but $55 S&H)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Medicine, January 25, 2010
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I have suffered from spondylitis and SEVERE arthritis for many years. I have limited movement in my neck and left hip, sciatica, and FIVE disk bulges due to a compressed spine. I have trouble walking sometimes and I am only 28. My pain was constant and ruining my life, causing me to become depressed. My doctors have me on numerous painkillers and weekly Enbrel injections (very costly) in addition to physical therapy three times a week. I have have a three year old and work full-time which doesn't leave much time to go to my therapy appointments. After months of research I chose this inversion table for the design and value. I recieved the table in three days-very easy to assemble (45 min)-and a very solid, well built table, which can be adjusted to most body types. I felt amazing results and instant relief the first time I tried it. I have had the table for almost a week now-and each day I feel a little bit better and I'm sleeping better through the night. I use it three times a day-already I have more movement in my neck-reduced tension in my back muscles-no headaches or sciatica-I feel like I can breath easier and have more energy! My whole body feels better-it has been many years since I felt this good! In just one week I have taken half the amount of pain meds I am prescribed,and plan to stop taken them completely now that I have true, long-lasting relief from this table. For $110.00 it has already paid for itself and the best money I have ever spent. I highly recommend this table-it's giving me my life back :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Body Max IT6000 Inversion Table, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I have been looking at these tables for a while and decided on this model. I made a good choice. It was fairly easy to assemble and works as expected. The price was very reasonable and I cannot imagine what extras are needed...especially for hundreds of dollars more. I am 5'4" and about 135 lbs. My fiance is 5'11" and 190 lbs. The Body Max works very well for both of us. I recommend this inversion table.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5 stars, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
I bought this inversion table for my hubby, Having suffered from back pain off and on for years, he was willing to try just about anything. This unit provided immediate relief from lower back and sciatic pain. Our only complaint is that the ankle supports are definitely not very comfortable. We remedied this by purchasing a foam pipe cover ($5) at Lowes and cutting it to fit around his ankles before strapping his feet in. It provides the perfect amount of padding and can easily be doubled if you have really sensitive ankles.
Aside from that, This inversion table works great for the money and is a good buy to relieve back pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 17, 2011
This review is from: Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table (Sports)
This inversion table really works wonders for me. As soon as I received the box - which is very very heavy - I read the instructions, layed out the pieces on the floor, and put it together myself. As a single, 60-year old woman, it was really quite easy. I did need 2 wrenches - one to hold the nuts and the other to tighten the screws. I generally visit my chiropractor for sciatic pain, but since stretching on the table 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, I feel great and haven't had to go back. You can actually feel your vertebrae separating and realigning itself and your stomach muscles and internal organs stretch out as you are inverted from your ankles. It's also great for tall people - I'm 6' tall. I actually hang in my stocking feet and a long t-shirt -- the ankle padding is adequate where I feel so comfortable and relaxed -- I swear I could almost fall asleep. The price can't be beat - all the other tables I have tried are simply overpriced -- they have absolutely nothing extra to offer. BTW: this is my very first review for Amazon after many years of purchasing stuff online - the free shipping can't be beat. enjoy

Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table