Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Body Parts Space - Meditation for Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon July 30, 2012
I first discovered Joe Dispenza in the movie, What the Bleep Do We Know!? and his interviews were my favorite part of the film. I even heard him speak one time at a conference about the movie, and continued to be impressed. But some of his follow-up work didn't resonate as much with me--- until I read his latest book Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One. What he writes in that book made a lot of sense and I really wanted to try his meditations described in detail in the third section of the book, but didn't find reading them very effective. So I was pleased to discover these inexpensive mp3 downloads of the meditations.

I have found them to be incredibly powerful. The music/sounds in the background are very soothing and put me in a relaxed and distant state almost immediately. I experienced very intense feelings-- very positive and loving. I find his voice to be soothing and natural. I have tried a variety of meditation techniques, most often works by Jon Kabat-Zinn Mindfulness for Beginners or by Kelly Howell Retrieve Your Destiny: Living the Soul's Path which I also recommend, but these meditations by Dr. Dispenza worked particularly well for me.

This is a four-week series of meditations where you begin the first week doing just the inductions. Then after you do some writing and exercises designed to help you identify the areas you want to change, the meditations move into more direct connection with those feelings you want to eliminate and replace with stronger, healthier connections. I read the book first and then downloaded the mp3's, so I can't address what the experience would be if you just do the meditations without reading the preparatory information. Personally I think it's best to read first and then start the meditations, but it will be interesting to learn what other people experience.

If you've never tried meditation or if you're looking for a powerful way to change your life, I highly recommend these mp3's. I've only been using them for a few days, so I will return to this review and add more info as my experience progresses.

Note: This review shows up in both the CD and mp3 listings. I only ordered the mp3's. I think the CD contains two different inductions-- one is a body space induction (which is on the mp3) and the other is a water induction. So if you order the CD you will get two 4-week meditations.
22 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
This is one of the most amazing books I have read. It is on my top ten list for sure. This disc is designed to put one in a hypnotic state to be able to release from patterns of emotions, thoughts and beliefs that stunt new growth and experience. I love the words just think it could be improved by using -ing tense so it is not commanding but allowing and that the voice did not extend the sssss at the end of plural words which can be distracting to this user.
on July 15, 2013
Very nice although lengthy meditation CD set. The book by the same name is required to understand the thought process behind Dr joe's technique's. His process is based on science and being a quantum observer. I attended one of his two day workshop's and purchased this afterwards to support the info he shared during the training.

This is not for someone who is a casual meditation person, but instead for the serious meditator who wants to effect change . . and is willing to put the time into doing so.

Very nice production values and the music is incredible . . .
on September 12, 2012
This guided meditation is done very well, except for one element. The speaker holds his 's' sounds at the beginning (first 5 mins), which is distracting. There is now a shorter version (only 49 mins) on his website which is even better. But I would use this one if I didn't have access to the other.

It is a great meditation process that has worked well for me.

Vicky
on November 4, 2012
I am totally hooked on this guided meditation. I read the book first " Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" and then got the CD. Prior to reading the book and getting the CD, I had gone thru some extremely emotionally draining times, and this has helped me get back on my feet. I feel like there is hope again.
on August 25, 2013
These aren't bad. I haven't gotten to the last portion yet. I like the thought behind it. The only complaint I have is that there are a lot of negatives used in the verbage (the words "not" and "no" and "don't"). They say the subconscious doesn't process negatives. I think the wording could have been changed to make the statements more positive in some places. Just a suggestion.....
55 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2013
I can't say for sure because i ordered the cd (meaning i don't know how the Mp3 may sound). However, the cd is just short of terrible. If that is Dr joe leading the meditation He should have hired a pro speaker to do it. You might be able to make out what he was saying, if their was no backround music. However, the music (noise) was so loud i couldn't make out what he was saying. Then as the music dropped in volume and it sounded like the speaker was about to say something important, the music would blare, blast up again! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! EXPERIENCE. Also, the cd was to be divided in four parts seperating parts 1, 2, and 3 by a bell, a bell i never heard. I don't know what kind of a bell it was mind you, but it seems to me it would have needed to be one of those huge Buddists Gongs, to be heard over that so-called calming Alpha meditation noise (music). HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! EXPERIENCE.
on August 30, 2013
I have never been able to meditate. Not only do I meditate now, but I can actually see miracles manifest in my life now. I am building my connection to God. It is stronger than its ever been. Thank you Dr.Joe Dispenza!
on December 2, 2013
I saw some comments about the CDs and the hissing of S's, and I want to assure you that if you are serious about changing your life, you will very quickly embrace the holding of the S's, as they add to the hypnotic effect of the meditation. Phenomenal music too.

I'm not even done reading the book, but for me it is already second only to "A Course in Miracles" in impact and importance. As a student of Law of Attraction and thus the Quantum Field, I feel the information presented in the meditations and book connects every dot in the mysterious process of creating permanent personal change.
on November 20, 2012
I was very disappointed in these meditations. If I had read the book first, even though I'm familiar with his other works, they might have made more sense. I've used meditations from so many other sources that were wonderful--so I have a high standard and this didn't meet mine.