I don't give compliments ( at all - they have to be earned )

1. Solid writing.
2. Solid main characters ( Love Delaney - great evergy and cute as a b _ _ _ _ n ! Loved her in Tombstone )
Published on April 24, 2012 by Adriaan

3.0 out of 5 stars body of proof
had hope the the season would be better, find bodies then dr, Dana banters with cops then the main line" autopsy in 2 hrs"
Published 14 months ago by Laura Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid warm fuzzy show. Best I've seen in a loooooooong time!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
I don't give compliments ( at all - they have to be earned )

1. Solid writing.
3. Delaney is a deep character actress and Jerry ( Seven of Nine - cut her teeth in this role and did a great job!!! ) just right for her part. ( JR is so under rated as well )
4. Looking forward to season 3 ( ABC-please,please,please... don't cancel this one... it has the potential to go the distance )
5. I own season 1 ( would like it on Blu ray asap please )will buy season 2 as soon as it's available.

Y T,

Adriaan

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB DRAMA, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
If you liked Season 1 you'll absolutely enjoy season 2 which, in my view,is a much better presentation. In season 2 we learn much more about the lives of the other characters, including Megan's daughter. This is such an excellent series I'm really looking forward to season 3

3.0 out of 5 stars body of proof, June 21, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Grea Show, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
I really enjoy this show. I have liked Dana Delaney ever since she starred in China Beach. This show kind of reminds me of the show Quincy--in that she is always sticking her nose in places she shouldn't and getting in trouble for it. It also has comedy, drama and action involved in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of the DVD release - The Second Season but really the first "FULL" one., September 26, 2012
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
Though the actual DVD package of Season 2 of this highly-rated ABC series was not released until September 18th (2012), there are already plenty of reviews of the series itself - including a nice "Episode Summary" by my fellow reviewer Matahari Knows, so there is no reason to repeat that info. But I hope I can add a bit more info on the Home DVD package (I got the DVD, not the Bluray for this title.)

I've never actually watched the series on TV but, rather, discovered it by getting the DVD of Season One. I like Dana Delaney (the rest of the cast were all new to me) and, knowing that the show is set in Philadelphia (where I reside) was an extra incentive. As I pointed out in my review of Season One, there are some establishing shots which were filmed in Philadelphia, but I didn't recognize a lot of the scenes and later learned they were filmed in Rhode Island! I was told that, because Delaney wanted to be back in California, Season Two was filmed there. This becomes obvious in the first episode where the wealthy cul-de-sac where the action takes place looks almost exactly like Wisteria Lane from "Desperate Housewives", Delaney's previous series. It goes in further in that - the first of 20 episodes - when Delaney's character says she "knows a lot about desperate housewives". So, yes, I'll admit that my mind did wander when "continuity issues" revolving about Philly occurred, but that shouldn't affect others.

The First Season was a mid-season replacement and ran just nine episodes on two discs. This time there are 20 episodes on four DVDS. The bonuses include featurettes on the "bodies" used in the show (the show uses a few medical consultants and there's lots of medical talk), a three-part feature on the stunts, the special effects team and how they work, the fashions and costumes, a few "webisodes" and the now-requisite " Blooper Reel".

As noted by other reviewers, the relationships of the characters are examined in more depth in the scripts this time, while they still try to solve a murder each week in under 43 minutes! (Yes, there are that many minutes of commercials in TV show these days.

Each person who watches the show seems to identify with a different character in the cast and so you'll have your favorite.

I'm glad I found it. I'll wait till Season Three to see if any of the "cast changes" mentioned by others in the comments, change the enjoyment of watching the show.

I hope you found this review both informative and helpful.

Steve Ramm
"Anything Phonographic"

5.0 out of 5 stars Body of Proof, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
I have to say, this is one of my favorite shoes. I would be very disappointed if it were to cancel this show. The acting if phenomenal! It's not like every other crime show you see. Check it out. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, July 7, 2012
N. Gregg (Kansas City, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body of Proof: Season 2 (DVD)
First of all, I have completely missed season 1, am currently watching season 2 (on Hulu.com, and they don't have season 1 available). I typically enjoy legal and medical type shows (as long as they don't get too soap opera-y or too unrealistic)

CONS:
Dana Delaney always seems to be the same character in whatever role she's given, which is good if you liked her in everything else she's done (unless, like me, it's starting to wear on you). In this role she's supposed to have been a neuro-surgeon but now she's a medical examiner (how/why would someone make that career change? maybe that was explained in first season?) And the city she works for must be rich rich rich because the office space they're all in looks extremely spacious and high budget (completely unrealistic). She also dresses totally inappropriately for her role, in tight fitting fashionable garb which one would wear for a hot date - complete with insanely high heels (occasionally she does don scrubs while doing autopsies, but not often). Also - there only seems to be 1 case to work on at a time.

PROS:
Pretty good and likable cast. Interesting writing and interesting cases (as you would expect from this type of show).

If you can accept the things I mention in the CONS section, you will probably enjoy this show. I intend to watch all the episodes I can, in spite of the cons - though I really hope as this show goes on they get a little more realistic with some things. If my current budget wasn't so tight, I would probably watch season 1 on amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, April 4, 2012
If you haven't seen this show, you really need too! If you like Bones, NCIS, CSI, etc you will love this show!
This was one of the best/INTENSE episodes ever! I was on the edge of my seat. The actors really make this show. I really hope there is a season 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Series Takes a New Slant with CDC, Terrorism, etc.,, March 30, 2012
This was a radical departure from anything this show has done to date. What looks like a date rape drug related murder instead heralds a rash of hospital admissions of patients frothing blood from the mouth who quickly die. There is nothing these patients have in common other than being the first victims of what looks like a massively contagious and fatal virus. Then a terrorist steps forth taking credit for the outbreak but Megan notices that his eyes show the same tell tale signs as the other victims and predicts he too will soon be dead. All of this brings in the CDC and FBI so that all three are trying to figure out what is going on together. This involves petty squabbles of course over turf. They have made some discoveries at the close of this first episode but have a long way to go to solve the case in the next episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Show with a 4.5 star Dana Delaney, October 22, 2011
Dana Delaney is still carrying the whole show, which she also did last season. She is a terrific actress so that keeps me watching. I had hoped that she would have a foil in place for this season. That is all this show needs. The writers are trying out various characters as foils but no one has clicked yet. The biggest one tried was her blonde woman boss who is now dating the ex husband. But that has run out of steam as a bone of contention. So although the other characters are ok, Delaney as the medical examiner in Philadelphia is the whole show.

On an earlier episode this season there was a male investigator with the FBI who was the best foil used to date. However, how many times can the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's Office have a common case with the Philadelphia branch of the FBI?

This time out there is an arson case and we see the many things an medical examiner's arson forensic team can discover from an arson victim's corpse. It is surprisingly a lot. The other victim is in the hospital and the team is waiting for her to regain consciousness to also give them clues. The forensic team also clashes with the main arson investigation team from the fire department. These two team members don't even want any other department on the scene.

Body of Proof: Season 2
Body of Proof: Season 2 by Dana Delany (DVD - 2012)
$39.99 $31.77