Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat
Color Name: BlackChange
Price:$159.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 27, 2011
Verified Purchase
This is a pretty good little piece of equipment. For the money, you probably can't beat it. I've been using it for a few weeks, and so far so good. Its seems pretty solid. I'm in pretty good shape and this machine will definitely give a good workout. The motion is smooth and there's not much sway at all (I'm 5'9", 175 lbs). I like the adjustments to the seat, it gives you a good range. Its also pretty light and rolls easily. All in all, can't find anything to complain about.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 14, 2009
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I ordered this based on the price and the fact that it had a seat as well as the arm bars I read the reviews of more expensive models and had a bit of anxiety towards putting it together. It only took about an hour and as long as you use your own tools and not the dollar store rejects they give you should have no problems.

I am giving this only three stars based on 2 things, First I am 6foot tall and when I use it as an elliptical its a bit tight and I do tend to punch myself a little when it comes back but I solved that by reversing them.

The other reason is also the handles being a little short. It feels like I'm punching downward instead of parallel. This machine is definitely designed for smaller men or women. but, besides that I do get a decent workout on it. Overall if you're looking for a value I would recommend this.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 30, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I purchased this when I was doing some physical rehab work at home after recovering from a serious illness, in which my doctor told me I would have to quit my exercising regimine. I lost my muscle tone, and gained about 10-15 pounds due to having to "take it easy" and the meds I was on. After about a year, he gave me the go-ahead to start working out again, but much slower and less intensely than what I had done prior to my medical problems. After so much muscle deterioration (I had trouble going up stairs) as well as other ill effects, I knew I would need something to pace myself and give me some variety between sitting and working my legs, as well as the option to do elliptical training. Prior to being sick, I mostly did intense workouts with ankle weights and wrist weights during my calisthenics. I was used to working out nightly and felt strong and fit. I wanted to feel that well again, but knew it would take a while. This has helped me in not only feeling productive and proactive in regaining some strength and endurance, but has also helped other members of my family to want to work out with this machine as well, simply by having it in our home. That is a great bonus!

I like this for a variety of reasons:
* the price was right around what I was looking for;
* this provides two options, the exercise bike portion as well as elliptical;
* there is a knob that you can adjust the intensity of the resistance in the wheel portion, which can go from "Aw, this ain't nuthin!" to "Oh, ow, ow, ow, my legs!" it can be very intense, at least for me;
* the little monitor attached can be interesting at times, to keep progress of time, calories, speed, etc.;
* it assembled in about an hour;
* it helps with all over body working, as your arms have to keep up with the longer handlebars when going elliptical;
* I like the smaller stationary bars for when I am sitting, or when I don't want to use the longer handlebars;
* it has the adjustable seat height, which is helpful for different members of the family;
* it is quite smooth for the sitting/bike portion; (see con's for comments below on elliptical);
* it can surely get your heartrate going, depending on your desired intensity level;

The cons are few, and some minor, as follows:
* the little monitor doesn't stay on really well, it just slides on for ease of battery replacement. The only times it comes off is when I am careless and knock it, though;
* it is sort of loud, but that's not a big deal to me, and it helps to drown out my groans:)
* when I do the elliptical portion, it does seem at times just a SLIGHT bit choppy to me, but that's probably a "me" thing and my own personal fluctuation of "just 5 more minutes!" moments, when I'm running low on energy. I only thought to add this, just in case it wasn't an all "me" issue with the elliptical part. It's a minor thing, and not at all a dealbreaker;

All in all, not only do I, but also other members of my family enjoy this very much...I guess as much as an instrument of torture can be, at least that's how it feels in the tail-end of my "workout" session with this. It most certainly will work you out, in my opinion, and gives a wide variety of options in one package.

By the way, if you are working out to lose weight, I would highly suggest you work out your legs and build/tone your muscles in them especially first, )although I would also recommend at least toning and working up to an all-body exercise program as well). Our legs have the largest muscles in our bodies, and have the greatest capacity to burn the most calories, even while at rest. There is a lot of information on this on the web. I feel this machine would be a great machine to start with, and you can watch tv or listen to music while doing it! Most importantly, pace yourself and don't give up on yourself. Even if you stay on this for 2 minutes at a time throughout the day, it's still something.

Full disclosure: I have only worked out on this sporadically these past several months (I bought this a year ago, in which time I used this way more often)...I have been too busy going up and down stairs, slow sometimes, but much better, doing housework and going to and fro!) Yay!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is being packaged up as we speak, and my poor husband just spent 4 hours putting together. Pedals are on such an incline that you feel like you are going to fall off, frame is so cheap and small that it is all wobbly. I should have gone with my gut after reading other bad reviews.
on March 12, 2012
Color Name: Black
DO NOT THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY ON THIS MACHINE. After only 6 uses (6 uses!) the wheel lags to the point of being unusable (it's like the tension is set extremely high) and it leaves black shavings and a black residue underneath of it (which left a big gray stain on my cream-colored carpet). I didn't increase the tension of the machine, I didn't abuse the machine and I'm the only one who uses it - there's no logical explanation for why it's doing this. I used it only 6 times averaging 38 minutes/workout and I'm 114-lbs so there should be no wear and tear on the machine yet. The only explanation is that it broke just because it's a piece of junk.

I ignored the negative reviews because the machine had more good reviews and was so affordable but I shouldn't have taken that chance. I've had the machine for 1.5 months so, despite only using it 6 times, I can't get my money back from Amazon and the manufacturer was no help (btw, the number listed in the owner's manual doesn't work, however, the number listed on their website does: 909-598-9876). I essentially just gave Amazon $200 for no reason. I'm so angry!

If you're thinking, "Well, she probably just got a dud" then you should also know:
-It's not sturdy at all. I'm 4'11" and 114-lbs and it wobbled/lifted as I used it. It's like it needs weights on the front and back bases to keep it from lifting off the ground. Considering that the average American woman and man outsize me by 5"/31-lbs and 11"/76-lbs, respectively, I can't imagine how wobbly it must be when an average-sized person uses it.
-It looks cheap. I mean CHEAP. I used to own a different budget-priced elliptical and it looked good and worked great for 2 years before I had to leave it behind after moving across the country, so the price is no excuse for the appearance.
-The computer module is useless. The only thing it can reliably do is keep track of how long you're on the machine.
-The stride is really short. It was ok for me but I don't think the average person could use it comfortably.
-It's loud.
-The arms are awkwardly far apart. This could be because I'm small, though.
-The bolts loosen after every workout. You literally have to tighten the bolts on the arms after every single use.
-The pedals are painful. The pedals are slanted so your feet are forced to the front of the pedal (despite your best efforts). After about 20 minutes your toes start to tingle/go numb and it hurts.

I've been using Amazon regularly for 9 years and I can honestly say that I've never regretted a purchase so much. I'm so angry that I gave $200 away for nothing. I bought it to save money and ended up throwing money away.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 4, 2010
Verified Purchase
Affordable price.
Decent build and features.
Easy installation.
Little bit of noise. But it's ok. Initially the body case is touching/rubbing against the wheel, which caused more noise. But I easily fixed it. So it is better now.
Overall.... decent product for that price. 2-in-1...I like it...!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 21, 2009
Color Name: Black
I have used this machine everyday for 5 days for at least 20-30 minutes and have already lost almost 3 pounds and almost an inch off of my waist! I am an absolute bargain hunter and will not spend more than I have to for anything. I believe this is a great product for the price and I got mine on sale for only $99 at Modell's! Certain things I don't trust having shipped so that is probably why I didn't have such a hard time others are. Sorry guys. It does exactly what its supposed to do. This product has been very good in performance. Smooth operation, not jarring. I use it primarily at night and it has not interrupted anyone's sleep. The bike seat is a great addition. Helps me work my thighs well and keep my heart rate up if I do not feel like standing. I am 5' 4" and I am comfortable using the machine. I did reverse the handles contrary to the instructions because it felt like I was punching towards the floor. Now they tilt inward towards me to prevent that feeling. The elliptical has a small footprint, it takes up a little over half the length of a yoga mat that I have it on. It has made a little more noise after a few days but a little WD-40 solved that problem. Thankfully I did not have an issue with any missing parts. Deal with a reputable seller and you will not be disappointed in the product for those of you looking for a good value. I gave it four stars for a not so accurate calorie counter since calories burnt vary from person to person. I use a heart monitor for that, now I just use the computer for the clock to keep my workout time.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 3, 2013
**Update 3**
August 17, 2013. Lost 33 lbs. 'Nuff said.

**Update 2**
I'm still using this machine and it is holding up very well. I added a seat cover which greatly improved the comfort. It wasn't easy to find a water bottle cage with the proper mount so I just grabbed one made for a bicycle and got creative with a couple of hose clamps from the auto parts section. It works great.

I continue to routinely check and tighten all bolts. I think this is key to keeping the machine well maintained and will help prevent damage to both the bike and potentially me.

A few motivation tips:

I feel that, for me, watching tv or reading while exercising defeats the purpose. I have compiled a few playlists of music with good strong beats that helps me focus on my workout. I like rap/hip hop, 70's funk, a little zydeco and some swing revival. I decide which playlist based on whether I want to focus on speed or on resistance and I always try to mix it up standing and sitting, pedaling forward and backward. I make my playlists longer than I actually plan to ride because it gives me the ability to skip a song here or there if I'm just not feeling it and it also encourages me to keep going even after my planned stopping point. No matter what type of music I'm listening to, I like to finish with a "musical affirmation". Something easy for a cool down but with a positive message. I like Christina Aguilera's Beautiful the best.

Thanks to my past spin instructors for this motivational tool. I try to visualize an actual ride. Am I gently pedaling down a tree lined lane? Or perhaps I'm climbing a steep hill and I can see the top, where I'll lower the resistance and ride around for a while before removing resistance and go tearing down the other side. I end up riding with my eyes closed quite a bit which I wouldn't try if I had an issue with balance.

I go for distance not time. I always try to get in at least 10 miles. The time it takes to do this varies according to if I'm focusing more on speed or resistance. On days when I'm lucky, I hit a mild euphoria towards the end of my ride and I almost dance on the bike (don't do this).

**Update 1**
After a week of use I went back over all the bolts in this and found two that needed to be tightened. I think this will be something I will routinely do. Additionally, I am going to have to buy an accessory to hold my water bottle. I see this as a negative.
*****

With an Amazon Prime membership this purchase offered 2 day free shipping or 1 day shipping for $3.99. I took the 1 day option believing there was no way I would receive this the next day. My first pleasant surprise was the appearance of my purchase within 24 hours.

I expected the package to be heavy and hard to maneuver. Surprise number two, it was easy to wrangle into the house.

I predicted that we would sweat and curse over the assembly for hours. Yay, surprise number three. From opening the box to the first pedal it took myself and my husband as a team approximately 90 minutes. The directions were not as mind boggling as they appeared at first glance, although I admit they did look scary, but everything was numbered and labeled efficiently. I felt that some of the negative reviews regarding this machine may be attributed to less than careful assembly so we were very vigilant about precisely following the directions.

I wasn't expecting too much from this machine. I purchased it because, over my two year absence from the gym, I have put on a lot of weight and become badly out of shape. I felt I needed something basic just to get back to a point where I could return to the gym. I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised that it appears to be a sturdy, substantial machine. Granted, I have only been using it for two days now and cannot accurately judge the performance over time. But I find the movement to be smooth and quiet and I did manage to work up a sweat (not too difficult really at this point). I will update my opinion after a few months of use.

Two things I can note. First, the seat is haaard, ouch! My old padded seat cover for spin class is too small and I will definitely have to purchase a larger one. I would recommend buying the machine and a seat cover at the same time. Secondly, a word to the wise, when they say to be careful with loose clothing they mean it. On first use the sleeve on my big old tee shirt got caught on the moving arm and gave me a brief scare.

I can picture using this even after I return to the gym, for a warmup before zumba or yoga class or for a quick cardio workout on days when I can't make it to the gym. I consider this to be a good purchase.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 16, 2014
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I was a bit weary on buying this product due to some negative reviews but so far this is a perfect product for me. What this trainer does is quite simple so I'd rather write what it does NOT (not) do:
It is NOT loud, it produces a mild sound but it is expected from moving parts and it's less loud than the one I was using in the gym.
It does NOT wobble as I've seen in some other review, it's pretty sturdy and solid and can support my 120kg frame quite well so far.
It assembles fairly easy, though it took me some time but simply cause I was being careful not to miss something. The instructions are easy and the more complicated parts of the wheel and main mechanism were already assembled. I don't care
If this trainer remains as it is now, and does not break or start make noises then I really can't find any fault on it.
P.S. The delivery was amazingly fast too.
on January 31, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Title says it all. I understand it is a lower priced machine but still. Bought/received early past November and spent all Jan 30th afternoon cutting down a refridgerator box to fit, packing and now I have to ship it back. The inner workings/ gears instantly went from light odd noise to severe grinding and definitely ruined. It has a fairly uncomfortable seat, the extension arms continually loosen and the wheel tightener was less than satisfactory. I made do with these smaller problems until the gearing went out this morning. I am 30 lbs under its weight limit and only used thirty minutes per day. It's kind of a shame 'cause overall I did "kinda" like it (I am picky) but the major breakdown leads me to investing more money in another brand. I strongly suggest going to a local sporting goods store, doing some homework and spending more money on a nicer machine. The hassle of repacking isn't worth it let alone all the other little problems. I hope this helps others. Lynndavidl

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations