5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Shaper --- no butt or chest flattening :D!
Quite the bugger to put on... especially if you have wide shoulders and quite a busty chest... thus I did an embarrassing thing and had to ask my fiancee to help push it over my bust...oy vey ><;!

Published on October 21, 2011 by E

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps and hurts
The two main reasons I purchased this shaper were 1) I'm a sucker for lace 2) I had just had a baby and needed a compression garment.

I received this 4 days after having my baby girl, I was super happy to put this on. It took me back to my pre-pregnancy figure, my flat tummy and my waist were back! What I liked about this product is that:

~It really...
Published on February 2, 2012 by Signora Palazzi

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Shaper --- no butt or chest flattening :D!, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)

The shaper shrunk my waist down an inch or so, so I would say that's great! It is also very comfy when you put it on as well and I had no issue with the lower panty riding up or anything. it slimmed down my pooch that i have as well.

For sizing, I ordered a Medium and my measurements are 38-39, 30, and 39 hips. Hope all this helps future buyers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps and hurts, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)

~It really is slimming, you lose inches immediately
~It's invisible when worn under clothes so you look natural
~The panty part of it is not of compression material, it's like a regular lace panty (lace!!!), so you won't look like each buttcheek is split at a diagonal angle
~I'd be stating the obvious by saying you can use it with any bra BUT it also gives you a little lift :)

This product does what it says, though I wouldn't find the use of removing the straps.
Of course, everything loses its luster and so did this shaper. A month into usage, I started seeing the downsides of it:

~The little hooks on the gusset (bottom) were digging into my skin and pinching it, OUCH!
~The straps were also digging into my shoulder so bad that I eventually got long cuts on my skin along where the straps were. Yes, I did loosen them up a bit in case I had them on too tight then...
~The shaper slid down a little below my bra line thus revealing a pooch of skin (I guess the shaper pushes skin around in there) between the bottom of the bra and the top of the shaper. So if you're wearing a shirt, it looks like you have an oval of skin right below the middle of your breasts (sorry if it's too graphic but honesty is the best policy) sooo I tighten up the straps, the oval pooch is gone, then...
~The shaper rides up and gets really right at the bottom where the hooks are at, those dig into your skin and pinch it DOUBLE OUCH!! Also, since it rides up, the slimming/compression portion of the shaper ended a little under my belly button and the lacy panty regular material part of it started... in shorter terms if you look into the mirror and start looking down you see slim, slim, slim *oops the shaper ends here and panty begins* WARNING! slimming effect gone! DANGER! Fat/loose skin is noticeable giving you a strange shape!!

Also, I washed it just like the label indicated and I think it shrank after each which I guess is why all of the above started to happen but I also don't advise to not wash it... yucky!

All in all, I like this despite the interesting tradeoffs. I got this in size Small and I outgrew it, I lost 40 of the 55 lbs that I gained during pregnancy (breastfeeding and yoga) and still working on it. The only way I would buy a smaller size of this is if it were longer, every one was made differently and not all of us have a small or average torso

4.0 out of 5 stars Great-- but check the sizing!, July 8, 2011
I bought this garment to wear under a bridesmaid dress. I had given birth 7 months before, and had a spare tire around my middle, which was unfortunately emphasized by the dress. But when I wore this shaper underneath, it tightened everything up and made my waist look fantastic. I like that it doesn't look like a traditional shaper, but it looks flattering, and even sexy. I also like how it lifted my bust, while I was still able to wear my own bra (important for me as I have a very large bust).

I took one star off the rating because the panty does ride up quite a bit, and because the sizing is VERY different than other garments. Please check the size chart for Vedette; I originally bought a medium (as a size 10) and couldn't even get it over my head. An XL is what ended up working perfectly for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars You will look 10 lbs slimmer!!!, April 5, 2012
I recently bought this item and I have to say I am impressed with the difference it makes. I just had a baby a month ago and this body shaper has really helped holding in the loose skin from pregnancy. It makes my waist appear much slimmer and even makes my body look more voluptuous. The only reason I didnt give this item 5 stars is because the body shaper is designed for women with a shorter torso, so I do have to be adjusting the shaper throughout the day. Just FYI for those wondering what size to get, I am 5'7" 177 lbs size 13 jeans and I got a size LARGE. It is very tight and holds everything in. I would recommend this product to women with shorter torsos.

4.0 out of 5 stars love my vedette!, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)
I bought this shaper because I have diastasis recti, or separated abdominal muscles. This is caused from pregnancy with a large baby. I have been trying to find something that would help to hold my tummy in. I was also looking for something that would be comfortable to wear. I can wear this shaper comfortably all day long. I love that there is no boning in this product. My only complaint is that the attached panty does ride up on occasion. I will be buying another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!!, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)
I absolutely love this!! I just had my second baby 9 weeks ago and I'm not loosing the extra "thickness" around my middle as fast as I did with my daughter so I wanted something to help smooth me out as I continue my weight loss! Boy did this product do just that! I'm 5'7" and currently 160 lbs and this makes me look completely smooth! I have no love handles and my stomach is flat as a board! It is a bit hard to breath in and a bit uncomfortable when sitting but I don't mind! :) I'd reccomend this to anyone!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great online buy!!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)
I was a bit worried about purchasing slimming apparel online, but I am very satisfied with what this shaper does. I've purchased several shapers at local department stores and they never seem to do the trick. I'm in the process of losing about 50 lbs, and this is helping along the way. The straps definitely help with support and not worrying about it slipping down or rolling down. Definitely worth the money!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wanna great?! Get a Vedette!, August 29, 2011
This review is from: Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303 (Apparel)
I love love loooooooooove my Vedette! No kidding! had 2 kids and got left with a little tummy pouch. I used to go clothes shopping and wouldn't buy a thing now when I go I buy everything. All clothes look great on me now. I feel confident, great and happy I plan on buying many more! I thought it was too tight when i first got it then i read others say to break it in and thats what I have done after a handful of uses now its better, I also hand wash it there is no other body shaper out there that is better and this is also sexy all lacey! I looove it

3.0 out of 5 stars Best Shaper Ever Made IF You Have a Short Torso, July 10, 2012
I had read other reviews about the torso not being long enough, but I wondered if maybe they just had abnormally long torsos. Well, the torso on this shaper is short! I am 5'6" and I would have needed this shaper to be about 3-5" longer, ideally.

I just had my daughter 3 weeks ago via c-section and I was looking for something that would help my lower belly pouch, and hoping the compression may even help. It was so tight when I first started putting it on, I checked the label twice to make sure they'd sent me the right size. It started pushing up inches of fat/loose skin (just being honest) and I didn't think I'd ever get the top over the fat!

But after some pulling, I finally got it over and let me tell you --- everything that the compression part of the shaper actually covers looked AMAZING. You would literally never be able to guess how flabby my tummy actually is underneath this thing! If you have a short torso, and no lower tummy fat, this thing is freaking awesome.

The problem for me is that, the satin-like, lacy material that they use for your rear-end is so much that if you have a smaller rear like myself, that material will end up covering your back and lower belly since you don't have the butt to fill it in. And anything that material touches has NO support. So my lower back and my lower belly had zero support.

If you're looking to be completely smoothed out and to have an hourglass waist, but don't have that lower belly pouch (or have a very short torso) this shaper is amazing.

For me, however, I've already printed my return label for this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 30, 2013
i don't regret buying this product at all, made me look slim and trim hiding most-not all my stomach folds except the piece in between the thighs is too long and and keeps falling off the hook

Body Slimming Shaper By Vedette 303