Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 15, 2012
I bought this to hold all my dumb bells up to 85 pounds. OK, so it didn't hold all of them, but it holds all my 35 to 85 pound dumb bells. I have another rack for the 30 pounders and smaller. It is very sturdy, and I have the heaviest weights on the top shelf for easier removal. Doesn't rock or feel at all like it will fall or anything. I love it. It went together fairly easy, but I needed help in turning it 180 degrees as I assembled it with the back facing forward. I also bought the extra third tier, which holds the 35 to 50 pounders. See the extra photo I added. When shipped, there was some parts of the box torn open and the Styrofoam content was very minimal. This is a heavy unit, and better packaging should be a priority here. I read a lot about broken boxes when received. They do include a bottle of paint for touch ups, however, despite the damaged box and poor packing, I had very little damage to the unit. I had two bottles of touch up paint, because of the 3rd shelf, but one was all dried up. No big deal there, just noting it.

But after looking and reading about many other racks, I felt this to be the best, in looks, what I needed, and what will fit in my room. The price was great too. I have bought Body Solid items before, and they have always impressed me with the style, clean looks and sturdy construction. Great company, great products.
review image
on November 24, 2012
I recently purchased this dumbbell rack as well as the additional third shelf. I decided on this rack for its size, the price, and because I was very impressed with a Body Solid bench that I bought previously. This rack is solid for sure. It was a breeze to put together and just to test it out, I placed two 65 lb dumbbells on the top rack with no other weights on it to see if there was any movement. The rack did not budge and that's with it sitting on carpet as well. It is well engineered, easy to put together by myself (you'll need a hex wrench and socket or wrench to hold the nut) and with the third shelf, holds the following pairs of dumbbells with a little bit of room to spare: 3, 5, 8, and 10-65 lb in 5 lb increments. To give an idea of what each shelf can hold, the top shelf has 50, 55, 60, and 65 lb pairs. The middle rack also has eight dumbbells with 30, 35, 40, and 45 lb pairs. The bottom rack has 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, and 25 lb pairs. Since this rack is so sturdy, I was able to put the heaviest weights on top and the lightest on the bottom for ease of use. The dumbbells I have are all metal hexagonal dumbbells from the Sports Authority. I am extremely pleased with the rack and the only thing that would've made it better is if there was rubber coating on the rack. If you have rubber coated dumbbells, than this is a non-issue obviously. It also isn't a big deal with all metal dumbbells, but I did not want any scratches at all on the rack so I ordered rubber stripping with an adhesive back from a company online called RubberSheetRoll.com. Others have commented on the packaging. The packaging arrived without any damage and the nuts and bolts were in a little plastic bag inside. The rhombus shaped washers were loose within the large box. It would've made sense to have them in a plastic bag as well. I could see if the box was damaged and had a decent hole in it that there is a possibility that these may fall out. It's a minor point and takes nothing away from the high quality, very sturdy, and good looking dumbbell rack.
on April 16, 2012
This rack is extremely well built, but like other reviewers have said, the packaging is pretty substandard. My parts did have a bit of light scratching, but nothing major. Went together very easily, and holds my pro dumbbells just as advertised. After literally scouring the entire internet for an affordable rack for the dumbbells, I decided on this one. I'm glad I spent the extra money on this, as I know it will last a lifetime. I have many Body Solid products and they are are well built.
on June 23, 2016
Heavy rack that holds my Rogue set very nice. However I can see it bending over time. I have 5, 7.5 trough 25 sets on the top and 30 through 45 on the middle. I did buy the lower add on shelf which I feel should ship with the unti and have 50 though 65 on it. The packaging was terrible and most of the pieces have marked where paint is missing to to them banging around. The manufacture must know this because they include a touch up kit with it. The metal is very heavy and I expect it will last a long time. It sits very flat and dose not feel like you could tip it over even if you wanted to.
on September 17, 2013
With plans to add to my dumbbell set, I needed a larger rack. After reading the various reviews and already owning other Body Solid products, this was the only rack I would consider.

My 10-50 set looks great on this rack! I have 40s/45s/50s on the top rack--with plenty of room to spare--and 10s thru 35s on the middle rack. I bought the 3rd tier separately. When I get more dumbbells, 60-75 will be on the top rack, 40-55 on the middle, and 35 and under on the bottom. This rack is just that solid. It's a tank! You are able to place the weights how you want them for your easiest access.

Take note that it's a large rack--longer than 5 feet--but it's flushes against the wall quite well and doesn't overly protrude out. Plenty of clearance to remove and replace weights without banging against each other or against the rack. I, too, wish the 3rd tier was included, but I see why it's not. Three tiers for only up to 50lbs is too much. Making the 3rd tier optional captures more market, as most wanting only two tiers would opt for another item over a higher priced 3-tier product.

Had I realized how nice my weights looked on this rack, I would have upgraded from my old rack a long time ago, even before planning to buy more dumbbells.
on April 30, 2015
Original one received was a bit scuffed-up but I contacted Amazon and they shipped a replacement right out. Great product and very rugged. This rack could easily hold twice the weight. As usual, Body Solid stuff is very high quality. Buy it without hesitation.
on June 22, 2016
Solid rack and a decent value. Rack was easy to assemble and when put together does not have any racking (wobbling left and right when looking strainght on) when you put weights on it. Set up is good and will accommodate a complete set of 5-50 lbs dumbells. Small footprint but does take up approximately 2x5 foot area. Well finished metal work with no sharp edges or sloppy welds. Overall pretty happy with this product.
on March 21, 2013
Overall this is a solid product. The packaging stinks. Holes were present in the box on delivery from UPS and one of the 4 side brackets was missing-- must have fell out because they are loose in the box. The "Body Solid" raised decal was partially torn because of poor packing with some minor scratches. And the decal with the serial # was rubbed off because of poor packing. Putting it together was fairly straightforward but the bolts have round heads and the only way to stabilize them is with a giant allen wrench, which is not included and I don't have. So I ad-libbed it with the end of a plier (socket set fits on the nut).

I bought the third shelf. Neither package comes with directions, just a diagram. Fairly easy to assemble but after putting the top and bottom shelf together, getting the 3rd shelf in the middle was tight and I had to use silicone spray to slide the shelf into place.

I called Body-Solid and they were helpful. Sending me a new bracket, a new decal, and they said don't worry about the serial # to register online.

Once the unit is assembled it is very sturdy but Body Solid needs to improve packaging and the directions and include an allen wrench!!
on June 2, 2016
Very good, strong non-commercial rack and a value if you can pick it up in the $200 range. Each rack has 58" of storage space. I was able to fit standard hex dumbbell pairs in 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100 on the 2 tier version of the rack with enough height/width underneath to store a set of standard kettlebells in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100. Its a space efficient setup with even weight splits if you're trying to fit the most bells in the least amount of space.
review image
on August 31, 2012
The rack arrived a little banged up, but no problem as we bought it for function not beauty.

It was missing some hardware so I called Body Solid and they sent it right out. Very professional outfit. Superior products.