Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on June 19, 2010
I have had it for about a week and I use for my home dumbbell workouts.

Pros:
Solid construction
Max wt of about 1000lb
8 different back positions
Comes assembled and can use straight out the box
Has wheels and folds for easy storage

Cons:
Depending on your height, the small space between seat and back cushions can create a void of support on the low back during flat bench exercises. This issue will occur with any flat/incline/decline bench. This is easily fixed by scooting higher on the back cushion or placing a small towel in the space during flat bench exercises.

FYI - for individuals looking for a lower priced bench, the Powerline PFID125x is a good alternative. Powerline is a Body Solid subsidiary. The main differences are the PFID125 has less cushioning and the max weight is about 500lb. So if don't plan to do a lot of heavy lifting, you may want to consider it.
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
It is absolutely amazing the gains you get when working out at home. About a month ago I wanted to be able to lift at home. The problem is I live in 1,000 SF condo downtown, and don't have a lot of space. I wanted 3 things out of a bench.

1) I didn't want a low quality bench, that squeaked, or swayed while in movement.
2) I wanted one that had a small footprint, even when fully erect.
3) To be able to fold down so when I entertained I could move it out of the way.

Well this bench goes the extra mile on all 3 catagories. It is EXTREMELY well built. Thick metal, that can withstand an enormous amount of weight. Solid welding. The pin handles are nice and large, and they don't fully pull out so you never have to worry about losing a pin. 2 nice large rollerblading wheels to help roll it where it needs to be, so it won't scuff up any floor. It doesn't look huge, even when I have it up my girlfriend hasn't said a word about it. For a bench it is pretty nice looking.

I am 6'1 210lbs, and my girlfriend is 5'4" 110, and we both have yet to say anything negative about the bench. The lowest setting also does a slight decline as well for those looking for that. The padding on the bench is quite thick, and for some reason the cat sleeps on it non stop:)

When folded down I would approximate the height to be around 5 inches. which goes right under my bed, or in the front closet no problem. If you are looking for a bench I have to give this my full recommendation. The bench came fully assembled, and the shipping was very quick. A Comparable bench that I was looking at was the "Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench" The reason I went with this one was - 1) The rollerblade wheels on the are fantastic, and this one folds down. I also thought the SelectTech was a bit of an eye sore. If you have any more questions, send me an email.
99 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2009
I have been very impressed with this bench. It is very strong and sturdy. It easily folds up and can slide under my bed when not in use. The materials are very solid and of good quality. It easily unfolds and I can quickly and easily change the various back positions. Lifetime warranty is nice to have. I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5'3" and the bench is comfortable for each of us. Very happy with purchase.
on July 27, 2013
I had to return the Body Solid GFID225 Folding Adjustable Weight Bench since the metal footing was warped and the plastic end cap didn't fit properly. This is an obvious defect and should have been caught by quality control.

I tried out the bench to determine if I wanted to exchange it or return it. I decided to return it and find something else since it is very uncomfortable to use in the decline position. The seat jabs painfully into my calf when my feet are behind the bar and I'm laying in the decline position. I'm only 5'10" and I have regularly sized legs so I believe the problem is with the design of the bench rather than with my physique.

Another issue is that the space between the seat and the back support creates a very uncomfortable void when in the flat position. I don't know if the size of this void is typical for adjustable benches, but this one was too uncomfortable for me so I am going to look for a better alternative.

Other than the issues mentioned above, the bench is solidly built and seems like it would last. The lesson learned is to try these benches out in person rather than trusting online review ratings.
on June 23, 2011
I'm satisfied with my purchase. Already assembled. Very good padding. Solid and sturdy. And it looks good. Only issue for me is that the leg hold-down dowels do not have enough padding, such as they have in other similar products such as GFID31 and 71, for example. If anyone at the company is paying any attention they should have a padded sleeve that can slip over the existing dowels which could easily be done in the field. Does anyone from the company read these reviews?
on September 3, 2010
The price might seem a bit high for people accustomed to bottom-of-the-barrel equipment, but trust me, this is a very inexpensive bench for the quality of construction. They used just the right amount of steel; it's rock solid without being too heavy to easily move around. It won't fit under the common steel bed frames, but the folding design does make it small enough to stick in a closet or such without too much trouble.

The foot hold-down pegs aren't padded (which could be uncomfortable for those who want to do weighted sit-ups with it), and it's not particularly well set up for decline bench work (for that, you probably want a bench with foam rolls that go under the back of the knees as well.) Still, for most people who lift with dumbbells and/or a power cage, I would definitely recommend this bench. The design is excellent and the build quality is good, with plenty of steel (nothing wobbly here!) and a nice hard baked-on paint.

It sounds almost laughably simple, but a very helpful piece of info when shopping for weight lifting equipment is literally what the item weighs. Scrimping on steel is one of the surest signs of an inferior product. If you find yourself shopping for a bench or power rack or the like, check the shipping weights.
on January 21, 2011
Body Solid makes some great equipment and this bench is another example of that. I am 5'11" 225lbs and the bench fits me perfect. The cushioning is perfect and does not bottom out like my previous bench. I was skeptical about the folding of the bench making it unstable or flimsy but thats not the case. This bench is rock solid!

If I had to really nit pick the only downfall is the seat part don't rise up for incline bench. However, I just put my feet on top of the two bars and its comfortable.

I'm not sure how all the sellers work but my shipped directly from the factory which was another added bonus!
on March 2, 2009
Recently purchased this bench and I just love it. Fully assembled - just set up and you are ready to go. Easy to adjust - with several adjustments for just the right angle. When not in use just fold and wheel out of the way. Very comfortable seat and incline.
on August 21, 2010
Never consider price over your safety when purchasing gym equipment.

1. Rated at 1000 pounds. Safety is the key here.
2. This unit came assembled. Yes, remove from box only.
3. Adjustable for decline, incline and flat bench users. This is safe to use for dumbbell users.
4. Wheels allow for easier movement, AND has a built in handle.
5. These are not cheap seat cushions. The material is very durable and has a high quality feel.
6. Body Solid rocks! This is quailty stuff. Don't think buying a weight bench with preacher curl and leg attachments for this price of 199 dollars will be
great quality.
7. Back support is good.

Buy this unit if you need versatility. It can do many things. It is over engineered for your safety. I recommend this bench for any level user.
on June 6, 2016
This weight bench is very easy to set up and collapse. It also isn't heavy to move. I like all of the different angles I can choose from during my workout. Using a weight bench versus a stablility ball has upped my weight lifting game, and I am very happy that I found this bench. The material is very durable, and the surface has substantial padding. Therefore, it is a very comfortable piece of equipment. When folded, it takes up very little room. I prop it against the wall between uses, and I fold it up after every time as I work out in my very small living room. I cannot name one complaint that I have with this item. I would definitely purchase it again!