Features and Specifications:
- Measures 47 by 19.5 by 24 inches
- Large textured foot platform
- Contoured and padded handlebars
- Easy to operate control panel with time and vibration adjustments
- Upper body cords included for muscle toning exercise
- Compact and portable design with built-in wheels
- Vertical-moving vibrating platform helps improve muscle strength and flexibility
- Helps to relax the body and reduce stress
- Increase strength and improve core conditioning, stability, and reflexes
How It Works
Whole body vibration is achieved by being on a platform that vibrates at a high frequency, causing your muscles to contract and stretch to maintain balance without your brain being actively involved. The rapid involuntary reflex intensifies even the simplest exercises. This fast repetition of your muscles reacting along with the controlled low impact to the bones creates the growth and strength.
The primary use of a vibration plate requires that you simply stand on the vibration plate in proper position while the vibration plate moves. Duration and frequency are important elements to consider in using a vibration plate. If you're physically fit, vibration exercise sessions should last no more than 15 minutes. If you're just beginning an exercise program, limit your time to 10 minutes per session. Whole body vibration should be used 2-3 times a week to supplement your cardiovascular workouts, with adequate time in-between sessions to recuperate.
About Whole Body Vibration
Vibration technology is relatively new to the fitness industry but the technology was developed in the 1960s for Russian cosmonauts to prevent muscle atrophy and loss of bone density due to the lack of gravity in space. This proven technology is now used by elite athletes, those rehabilitating from an injury, and those interested in expanding their exercise regiment to take advantage of the health benefits achieved by using whole body vibration.