5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review
I'm fat, I chafe, it's gross and hurts like hell.

Published 11 months ago by Kevin C. Hayes

3.0 out of 5 stars Body Glide's New Product is more of a Paste
Published on April 10, 2011 by Minnesota Packer Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Body Glide's New Product is more of a Paste, April 10, 2011
I've been using Body Glide more than once a week for 4-5 years. Body Glide used to be a great product. It's still a decent product, but it seems the water content has been slightly increased. This change has caused a "paste" problem. The first time I got a "paste" stick from Amazon, I assumed it was a fluke. So, I ordered more from a different on-line company, and unfortunately I have the same issue on multiple sticks from multiple sources.

Body Glide is advertised as, "Dry Non-Greasy Skin Lubricant". The important word here is "dry" and in the past the product has always been dry. I could rub it on with a nice firm stroke and it would really stick right where I wanted. No mess, quick and easy, all set for my ride. The new product is softer and more of a firm paste than a true dry solid. I can't simply rub it on dry like I used to. Now I have to rub in on with light pressure, then spread it around with my fingers a bit, then wipe down the side of the stick since the new product is slightly messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review, July 24, 2013
I'm fat, I chafe, it's gross and hurts like hell.

This product solves that problem. I started walking 10 miles a day, normally by the 5th mile I'm ready to call someone to pick me up. Not because i'm exhausted, tired, muscles hurt. Because my fat thighs are rubbing together trying to make fire like I'm trying out for Survivorman. As long as I remember to put this on before my walk (applied like deodorant) I am completely chafe free. This product is a lifesaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you run, you should Glide, June 3, 2007
D. REAMAN (Macungie, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Chafing should be a four-letter word. There are parts of my body that cannot live without BodyGlide. You name it, I use it there. If I forget to use it, I may not be able sit down or wear a bra without pain for days. It lasts throughout a three-hour run without feeling sticky or gooey. You can't even tell when it's there, but you can tell when it isn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a runner to love Bodyglide, November 5, 2006
Anita "browniz" (Katy, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I recently returned from almost 3 weeks of treking around Italy. I'm not a runner (or a walker, or even mildly aerobic) and I have baby-tender feet, so I was very concerned about blistering. On the advice of some runner-friends, I bought BodyGlide and coated my feet with it EVERY DAY before I put on my socks and shoes. My feet were tired and achy every night, but NO BLISTERS!! This is an amazing testament to the power of BodyGlide because sometimes I can have blisters wearing normal shoes during a normal, low activity work-day, and I was walking for hours at a time over bricks, cobblestones, you-name-it. If you are going to be traveling where you will be walking more than usual or on a differnt terrain then you are used to, buy a big, ol stick of Bodyglide and coat your feet every day!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work like it used to!!, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm (Sports)
I have a stick of 1.3 oz. Body Glide that I purchased about 2 years ago. It goes on silky smooth and your legs feel like they are Teflon coated. It's running low so I purchased another 1.3 oz. stick a week ago and I'm deeply saddened to say that it no longer works. It goes on like a sticky paste and it stays that way. There's no silky smoothness to it anymore.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I used some of the original stick and sure enough, silky smooth bliss!

Dear Bodyglide,

I don't know if you have a quality control issue or if you just plain changed the formula but your product no longer works! Please fix your issues and bring back the original formula that actually worked.

Extremely Unhappy Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, May 20, 2005
T. Yurek (Henderson, NV) - See all my reviews
This stuff is excellent, it goes on easy like a roll on and lasts the whole run whether it be 30 minutes or 6 hours, even with a complete sweat.

I would recommend this product to all short and long distance runners.

4.0 out of 5 stars chafe safe, March 23, 2008
Great stuff for sensitive skin, but a couple of caveats. It's pricey, and if you tend to chafe at the slightest change in the weather it won't last long. My nipples tend to be extremely sensitive to cold and wind and so use BodyGlide whenever I run outside (which is most of the time, I admit), summer, winter, rain, wind, and shine. That's not a lot of area to cover yet I'll still go through a couple bars of this stuff a year. Oh yeah, one other thing. It advertises right on the package that there's no mess, it's invisible. Don't believe everything you read. I've got the stained t-shirts to prove it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Everyday, December 27, 2008
Joshua D. Hanser (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I was turned onto this while dating a long distance runner and complaining about chafing on my inner thighs on days when I'd be in for a lot of walking around. Well, the girl didn't end up being much good, but this stuff was awesome. Now I use it everyday and never have any problems from my legs rubbing together, whether just on my feet all day at work or for long, sweaty exercise. This isn't a cheap, scam-y product like I'd been worried about. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't glide for me., November 3, 2013
Mom of 2 "luckydog" (Alexandria, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I wanted to love this. I really NEEDED this. Summer chub run was getting me down. Couldn't get this product to leave the container and get in me. Don't know if I got a bum container, but this was dry and didn't transfer onto my skin at all. Very disappointed, because I know so many people have used it successfully. Back to the baby oil instead

1.0 out of 5 stars hard to roll on., December 29, 2012
doesnt really seem to work as it is hard to put on. i found it very dry. i prefer chamois cream or gel

Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm