Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 24, 2013
I'm fat, I chafe, it's gross and hurts like hell.

This product solves that problem. I started walking 10 miles a day, normally by the 5th mile I'm ready to call someone to pick me up. Not because i'm exhausted, tired, muscles hurt. Because my fat thighs are rubbing together trying to make fire like I'm trying out for Survivorman. As long as I remember to put this on before my walk (applied like deodorant) I am completely chafe free. This product is a lifesaver.
99 comments| 548 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2014
I have a few autoimmune diseases, and occasionally have to go on steroids. Once on steroids, I blow up like a balloon. Naturally on the skinnier side my whole life, I was horrified to learn that in summer, when it gets hot, my thighs would rub together, and I'd get this horrific chafing rashy awfulness, which I refer to as my fat-rash. I'm not a runner, if I'm running, there's a spider somewhere. If someone ran after me with a chainsaw, I'd honestly only try to get away for about 1/4 mile before giving up and letting them just prune me to death. But needs must, and one can only wear lightweight slacks or shorts for so many occasions, and if I'm going to wear a dress, or skirt, or bathing suit, something had to be done, because no matter what the cause, or how you spin it, a creeping rash on ones inner thighs, just is NOT sexy. Nor is scratching your inner thighs, or feeling you need to explain you're scratching your thighs, not your lady parts. Sigh.

Enter "Glide"- I got both this one and the one for women, and I really can't tell the difference. It goes on like deodorant, and sometimes it seems to work great, and other times, not so great. I can't work out what the difference is as to why it sometimes does a great job, and other times allows the dreaded fat-rash to creep back, but it's certainly better than nothing. Moreover, if it's 90* outside, you can be damned sure I'm not stuffing my swollen, steroid riddled body into some $50 spanx. Because I tried that once, and pulled a muscle in my neck, wasting $50 on an elastic full body corset, and requiring muscle relaxants. I couldn't turn my head to the right for about 3 weeks. So, if you've got wobbly bits that rub together causing an uncomfortable rash, even if you're just walking at a sedate pace, and not even considering running, then it's worth giving this a try.
55 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2011
I've been using Body Glide more than once a week for 4-5 years. Body Glide used to be a great product. It's still a decent product, but it seems the water content has been slightly increased. This change has caused a "paste" problem. The first time I got a "paste" stick from Amazon, I assumed it was a fluke. So, I ordered more from a different on-line company, and unfortunately I have the same issue on multiple sticks from multiple sources.

Body Glide is advertised as, "Dry Non-Greasy Skin Lubricant". The important word here is "dry" and in the past the product has always been dry. I could rub it on with a nice firm stroke and it would really stick right where I wanted. No mess, quick and easy, all set for my ride. The new product is softer and more of a firm paste than a true dry solid. I can't simply rub it on dry like I used to. Now I have to rub in on with light pressure, then spread it around with my fingers a bit, then wipe down the side of the stick since the new product is slightly messy.
1111 comments| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2015
beware! When i received this i was angry! I understand packing my vary, but i bought 1.5 oz....i got 3 0.21 mini tubes that aren't even equivalent to 1.5 oz. These minis are useless!
review image
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2015
I'm training for my 1st marathon and am seriously overweight. Yes, I'm training! I had no idea this stuff was on the market but my training has changed 100% since getting it. I've put it everywhere! I have fat rolls and I'm not ashamed to say that I'll use it anywhere. This is the answer to my foot blisters also. I use it on the entire foot and between the toes. Since using it, I've not had one blister! I've been running about 35 miles a week so far in my plan. I'll continue to use this.
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2007
Chafing should be a four-letter word. There are parts of my body that cannot live without BodyGlide. You name it, I use it there. If I forget to use it, I may not be able sit down or wear a bra without pain for days. It lasts throughout a three-hour run without feeling sticky or gooey. You can't even tell when it's there, but you can tell when it isn't.
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2013
I have a stick of 1.3 oz. Body Glide that I purchased about 2 years ago. It goes on silky smooth and your legs feel like they are Teflon coated. It's running low so I purchased another 1.3 oz. stick a week ago and I'm deeply saddened to say that it no longer works. It goes on like a sticky paste and it stays that way. There's no silky smoothness to it anymore.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I used some of the original stick and sure enough, silky smooth bliss!

Dear Bodyglide,

I don't know if you have a quality control issue or if you just plain changed the formula but your product no longer works! Please fix your issues and bring back the original formula that actually worked.

Extremely Unhappy Customer
33 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2012
I've used this for long horseback rides (4-6 hours a day in the saddle) in various places around the world and it works like a charm. Gone are the terrible saddle sores I used to get - just make sure you use it *before* the chafing begins. It stings a little when you apply it and smells faintly industrial, but whatever they've put in this really WORKS. You need to apply it anywhere saddle sores might develop, including on the insides of your thighs/calves if you're riding with unfamiliar tack.

Also works great for foot blisters, so as a travel item this is worth carrying for multiple purposes.

One stick lasts a long time. This small size is great for travel.

This, plus calamine powder (anti-monkey butt!) and Dr. Scholl's moleskin as a backup will keep saddle sores from interfering with a long ride.
on February 10, 2013
I am not a runner. Actually, I hate running. But, I do have thighs that touch and this has helped prevent unseemly chaffing during warmer months when I'm wearing a skirt/dress. I only have to apply once in the morning and I can walk all over the city all day and night. Highly recommend.
on April 14, 2016
This stuff has been a lifesaver for me! I have been using it to put on the part of my thighs that rub together when I am wearing a dress or skirt. After a week of using this on a cruise in a hot climate where I was pretty much always in a dress I discovered that I love it. All week of wearing dresses and this on my legs and not once did my thighs start to hurt of chafe! They didn't feel like they were sticking together either which can be annoying enough even if it isn't long enough to cause chafing, instead my thighs seemed to smoothing glide past each other. That is pretty amazing given that a week before this I was outside in a dress walking around for half of a day and ended up with some sore chafed thighs! I plan to use this in some of my future longer runs as well. It is a great product. Also, I didn't worry about getting the female version, this one seems to work perfectly and isn't scented so I don't see much point in spending more money for a "female" version when this is perfect! Also, a little bit of this goes a long way so I am pretty sure it will last a long time!