Top positive review
730 people found this helpful
Don't let the low price fool you - it's worth more!
on October 10, 2011
I have tried other beginner tai chi DVD's, most costing much more than this one, but this is easily the best to learn true Yang short form (24 moves) tai chi. I am buying his companion DVD on Qi Gong today.
- camera angles change throughout each lesson to clearly show important details from front, sides, and rear
- in each of the 8 lessons, 3 moves are taught slowly and repeatedly without rushing
- instructor points out minor but important details, and also the things that beginners often do wrong
- good video and sound quality - the instructor is easily heard over the soft music
- includes a separate warmup routine, and shows all 24 moves from beginning to end so you can do it with him after learning them all
- simple menu navigation
- optional subtitles
- like on any tai chi DVD, at times you will need to deal with the "mirror image problem", but the changing camera angles minimize this.
- some people will be frustrated by the slow-paced lessons, but this is necessary to learn the proper details of the moves