5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review
I'm fat, I chafe, it's gross and hurts like hell.

Published 17 months ago by Kevin C. Hayes

3.0 out of 5 stars Body Glide's New Product is more of a Paste
Published on April 10, 2011 by Minnesota Packer Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review, July 24, 2013
I'm fat, I chafe, it's gross and hurts like hell.

This product solves that problem. I started walking 10 miles a day, normally by the 5th mile I'm ready to call someone to pick me up. Not because i'm exhausted, tired, muscles hurt. Because my fat thighs are rubbing together trying to make fire like I'm trying out for Survivorman. As long as I remember to put this on before my walk (applied like deodorant) I am completely chafe free. This product is a lifesaver.

3.0 out of 5 stars Body Glide's New Product is more of a Paste, April 10, 2011
I've been using Body Glide more than once a week for 4-5 years. Body Glide used to be a great product. It's still a decent product, but it seems the water content has been slightly increased. This change has caused a "paste" problem. The first time I got a "paste" stick from Amazon, I assumed it was a fluke. So, I ordered more from a different on-line company, and unfortunately I have the same issue on multiple sticks from multiple sources.

Body Glide is advertised as, "Dry Non-Greasy Skin Lubricant". The important word here is "dry" and in the past the product has always been dry. I could rub it on with a nice firm stroke and it would really stick right where I wanted. No mess, quick and easy, all set for my ride. The new product is softer and more of a firm paste than a true dry solid. I can't simply rub it on dry like I used to. Now I have to rub in on with light pressure, then spread it around with my fingers a bit, then wipe down the side of the stick since the new product is slightly messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you run, you should Glide, June 3, 2007
D. REAMAN (Macungie, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Chafing should be a four-letter word. There are parts of my body that cannot live without BodyGlide. You name it, I use it there. If I forget to use it, I may not be able sit down or wear a bra without pain for days. It lasts throughout a three-hour run without feeling sticky or gooey. You can't even tell when it's there, but you can tell when it isn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a runner to love Bodyglide, November 5, 2006
Anita "browniz" (Katy, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I recently returned from almost 3 weeks of treking around Italy. I'm not a runner (or a walker, or even mildly aerobic) and I have baby-tender feet, so I was very concerned about blistering. On the advice of some runner-friends, I bought BodyGlide and coated my feet with it EVERY DAY before I put on my socks and shoes. My feet were tired and achy every night, but NO BLISTERS!! This is an amazing testament to the power of BodyGlide because sometimes I can have blisters wearing normal shoes during a normal, low activity work-day, and I was walking for hours at a time over bricks, cobblestones, you-name-it. If you are going to be traveling where you will be walking more than usual or on a differnt terrain then you are used to, buy a big, ol stick of Bodyglide and coat your feet every day!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work like it used to!!, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Bodyglide Original Anti-Chafe Balm (Packaging May Vary) (Sports)
I have a stick of 1.3 oz. Body Glide that I purchased about 2 years ago. It goes on silky smooth and your legs feel like they are Teflon coated. It's running low so I purchased another 1.3 oz. stick a week ago and I'm deeply saddened to say that it no longer works. It goes on like a sticky paste and it stays that way. There's no silky smoothness to it anymore.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I used some of the original stick and sure enough, silky smooth bliss!

Dear Bodyglide,

I don't know if you have a quality control issue or if you just plain changed the formula but your product no longer works! Please fix your issues and bring back the original formula that actually worked.

Extremely Unhappy Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, May 20, 2005
T. Yurek (Henderson, NV) - See all my reviews
This stuff is excellent, it goes on easy like a roll on and lasts the whole run whether it be 30 minutes or 6 hours, even with a complete sweat.

I would recommend this product to all short and long distance runners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief!!, October 11, 2011
I apply this before my long runs and no more chaffing of the nipples. That didn't sound right, but it is what it is. Highly recommended for any distance runners with chaffing issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars hard to roll on., December 29, 2012
doesnt really seem to work as it is hard to put on. i found it very dry. i prefer chamois cream or gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Body Glide, September 4, 2007
My husband discovered this product on a kilt website. He has been using it for over 2 years. We have recommended it to our friends. It is also great for pregnant women! I use it whenever I am wearing a skirt or dress without hosiery - no rubbing, no rash, no irritation at all. I promise!

3.0 out of 5 stars formula changed?, January 28, 2012
I am a triathlete and have been using Bodyglide for 3 or 4 years now and have gone thru at least 3 sticks. Normally, I love this product. Last month I bought a 2.5 oz stick from Amazon and the product is very different from my other older sticks. It is very hard (like antiperspirant) whereas my older sticks are softer (like chapstick). I mainly use Bodyglide on my toes and, because this new one is so hard, I am unable to get enough of the product on my toes to prevent blisters when I run. I wrote to Bodyglide about my experience and they responded the same day. She explained that there can be some variation from batch to batch and asked me for the lot number and expiration date of the item and sent me a new one right away and they threw in some samples of "Liquified Powder" which I thought was a nice touch. However, even though the new stick is a different batch and expiration date, it is no different - it is too dry. I emailed the same customer rep again and she replied with this: "The top millimeter or so of the stick is dry but underneath reports back tell us the product works just fine. Some customers, who said that the stick did not work for them have found that the Liquified Powder works great, even under their sports bras. We had a lady tell us it worked great for her marathon and a running club in Afghanistan uses the Liquified Powder exclusively for all of their chafing. It can be used all over the body and is great for feet. Just apply like you would a lotion or cream. As you rub it in it dries almost instantly and creates a barrier." I tried cutting off the first 1/2 cm of the stick, but I still have the same problem. I'm extremely happy with Bodyglide's customer service. But I'm going to have to pass on using the anti-chafe stick for my toes. I'll give the Liquified Powder a try.