5.0 out of 5 stars The pumpkin patch never stood a chance
These things are pretty hefty at over 3 lbs per shoe, but they're bad mofos (in a good way).

Published 19 months ago by ultraconsumer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not warm enough.
Published 19 months ago by Nito

2.0 out of 5 stars Not warm enough., January 8, 2013
i bought this boots because I work in the oil field and winters get brutal, according to description this are -40 degree rated, not really, at -10 my feet were cold even with a good pair o merino socks. Couple of days later -20 degree I wore two merino that did not help, very cold feet. they are not so heavy probably would work for snow removal, will keep your feet dry, that's why gave them two stars. I wont by them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars The pumpkin patch never stood a chance, December 18, 2012

I've never been more comfortable in a muddy, rainy corn maze in my life, and I've been through several. The friends I was with were wearing cheap department store boots and they complained about their feet getting cold and uncomfortable after a while. I was trudging through the deepest mud just for fun, and my feet honestly stayed toasty warm for the 3+ hours we were out there.

A few things to note about these boots:

-They are big and fairly heavy, but I still find them pretty darn comfortable considering.
-They're flexible enough to not be uncomfortable to walk in, but not really flexible enough for driving (especially a manual transmission!) or a lot of bending over, in my opinion. If you need some dexterity, these probably aren't for you unless you're willing to change into them once you arrive at your destination.
-They've got some sort of coating on them that actually helps them repel liquids. It's like a cross between oil and wax, and the water would just bead off the rubber parts.
-They look really manly, and probably best with a trench coat. I don't own a trench coat, so they look kind of dorky on me but I don't really care.
-I bought the "escape" (aka Tradesman Lite) version as well to compare. I ended up keeping these ones because while heavier, I found them more comfortable (hugged my feet better), warmer (rated to lower temperatures due to extra lining thickness), and better looking (the Lites have an extra ankle detail I didn't really like).

At around 65 bucks, these boots were a steal and highly recommended. I have no doubt they'll last a long time and they've already proven themselves out at the 'patch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boggs Boots Are Beaut, September 3, 2011
This is the second pair of BOGGS boots i have owned.
My main use for them is when fishing in the mountain lakes and streams and their Comfort and warmth is unrivalled .

4.0 out of 5 stars good for floods, stuck in the mud, August 5, 2013
Bought this right before Hurricane Sandy Hit and it was delivered the morning of hurricaine. Good boots in case you need something to get you out of a Jam in flash. it runs really big i had to get a 13 instead of a 12. Didnt see a need to return it bc you dont really need to be walking or trekking in these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 5, 2013
Christopher L. Lee "noteworthy" (Corvallis, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
Bogs have consistently exceeded my expectations. This is the fourth pair I've owned... The first pair are still going strong! I have them in various "heights" and use these while fishing in rivers that call for me to step in occassionally The quality of the rubber seems to be a key factor in fit, endurance, comfort, and ease of walking. Many small details on the boots make it a smart winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars All I could expect, April 5, 2013
OK, these cost a lot more than the $20 PVC barn boots that I replaced. And they are worth every penny.

FIT: I'm one of those half size guys (11.5) so I followed the advice and went up to 12. There is already a good orthordic in the boot but to make up some space I put a gel one under. That brought the top of my foot up to where it should be and kept my foot from sliding around inside. NOTE: This was with a medium cotton sock - like I wear with sneakers. When I wore a heavy sock things snugged up a little more and the all around cushioning was just super. I like to be able to move my toes around and with either sock I can. I've walked about 12 miles in them so far and while they're just fine. And remember these are NOT hiking boots. But I bought these primarily for cleaning out horse stalls going for dry more than distance.

Waterproof: I've been slogging around in mud season here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont (yep WAY up there...most of what I see out my north windows is Canada) and for my primary purpose - a barn boot - it is imperative that they don't let a drop of wet in. These don't. There are other Bogs models that don't have the rubber going all the way up but I chose these because I expected the rubber to work best.

Warm: Well I got these on April 3rd so I've only been able to test them between +18F degrees and +42F but they are real toasty in that range. I will get in the minus 30 or less next winter and report back. By the way the soles on these are REALLY thick. THAT will keep me better insulated from ice and frozen ground next winter so I expect the results to be impressive

Comfort: WOW! Remember the PVC boots I said I replaced? They were cheap BUT they were stiff and any time I needed to flex the boot a hard uncomfortable crease would cut into the top of my foot. These flex very comfortably.

Traction: The rubber is much softer than the PVC and grips where the PVC slid.

Weight: These are heavy. There is just a lot more boot (like that really thick sole). I knew that when I bought them but remember I've walked 12 miles in the last few days in them and they are no problem. (Bogs makes lighter models but there is less sole and less calf rubber in them).

I thought the only people that bought $80+ barn boots were people who only wore them in NYC and never got horse or cow manure on them - the reviews often talk about how "stylish" the boots look. Well these are more like tools and I guess they look OK but they REALLY work very well. Better tools cost more money - and they are worth it.

May 2014: OK...this was a winter's winter in Northeast Vermont. TONS of days that never got above ZERO and quite a lot with -20 and -30. These are my go to winter boots. I used them when we had MAJOR snow and I was plowing for 6-8 hours at a stretch. NEVER got cold. In the barn on a concrete floor - toasty. Traction in the snow and ice was good as well. My hard leather boots are gonna last a long time cause I don't wear them much anymore - I go for these for everything except snowshoe-ing. And now that the snow is finally gone, the mud and deep puddles are here...yep...still dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Boy!, December 18, 2012
My 11 year old LOVES these boots - they are great for barn work, riding snowmobiles, out in the rain. And one of the best things about them is their durability - he is super hard on shoes but these babies just keep on goin'! They also keep his feet toasty without having to wear a really thick sock.

Another great BOGS product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tradesman, November 11, 2012
The boot is very comfortable and does a good job in the warmth department. The tops seem a little wide for the average leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv my Bogs, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Bogs Men's Tradesman Tall Boot (Apparel)
Last December I picked up a pair of Bogs Tradesman in size 10 brown, and I really could not be happier. Living in the mid-south unfortunately rules out wear for a good portion of the year, but I practically live out of them when temps are below 65 F. Fit? I say they're fairly true to size while maintaining good wiggle room for thick socks in extreme cold. How -do- they do in the cold, you ask? Well, in my first week with them I moved hay on an open station tractor in 20 degree weather for several hours and had no complaints whatsoever. They've also seen their share of hunting in below freezing weather as well, and the height has worked out nicely for the creeks I have to navigate. Oh, and the slip-resistant soles have been a lifesaver on my slippery-at-times garage floor.

Cons? Eh, they're not lightweight by any means. But, I dig that. I briefly owned a pair of Columbia Grand Lake boots that are made like some of the standard Muck, Bogs, etc., and I really didn't care for the feel. Some may prefer to feel more of what may be underfoot and have a lighter boot that's a bit more comfy when it's warmer, but I like the Tradesman's qualities: thicker....stronger.....tougher. Put simply, I'm not as worried about my feet in these. I like to think I'll be able to count on my Tradesman for quite a while.

Btw, on an aesthetic note, I say the brown color is a nice change of pace and looks at home on the farm/ranch/homestead. And, like a good truck, they look better the filthier you get 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars He likes them., April 18, 2012
I bought these for my partner, after a lot of research. We wanted to get him a pair of men's rain boots that looked more professional than the standard green rubber boots. He likes these a lot. They are very sturdy, and very warm (great for winter in the PNW, not great if you live in a warmer climate). They also give him an extra inch or so of height, without looking like heeled men's boots. They also have a lifetime warranty from Bogs.

Bogs Men's Tradesman Tall Boot