5.0 out of 5 stars wish I owned this company
Published on November 29, 2010 by Dasuberdog

2.0 out of 5 stars The sequel was painful.
Published 22 months ago by ChiDesign

5.0 out of 5 stars wish I owned this company, November 29, 2010
I call these my Santa boots because they are a bit on the bulky, black side but mostly because they'd do fine on the North Pole. These suckers are comfy,cozy. Easy to slip on and off but still snug. Order your size on the large side of what you normally are. These are my second pair and are now winter essentials for me. I used my first pair for work too. They eventually split a little at the toe bend but no surprise- I ABUSED them. These are great boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing boots for winter/cold/wet weather., November 19, 2010
Mr. Tangent (Mount Vernon, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these to use to walk the dog and go out in the rain or when it snows. Most of the time I don't even bother putting socks on and just step in to them. They're amazingly easy to put on. The handles help pull them up if they are tight (if you're wearing heavy socks, maybe). I actually would have preferred buying the ones without the handles but oh well. They're 100% waterproof and have great traction. They keep your feet TOASTY. I would wholeheartedly recommend Bogs. Only negative is that they're a little tight on the roof of your feet (I have wide, large feet so maybe it's just me). In fact, if I wear them all day the top of my feet often are sore. But otherwise, fantastic boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loved the Bogs boots Santa brought him., January 4, 2011
The Bogs boots turned out to be the perfect gift. The handle design is the feature we like best (yes, I own a pair of the womens boots). Boots are warm, very insulated, and waterproof. Great for rainy days or washing the car. Recommendation to buy a size bigger for both mens and womens boots worked out well. One note, these are not designed for hiking or even walking long distances; the soles do not provide the traction like a work boot. But, they are great for other purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bogs Men's Classic Boot, January 12, 2011
This is one of the best buys I have ever made. Working outside 24/7 in all types of weather, I can honestly say my feet are comfortable and warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, with quirks, January 3, 2012
JD (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased my Boggs from Amazon and gave them a test run during a lake effect snow storm that hit my area.

* I found that sizing up was best for me. I wear a 10.5 shoe, so I ordered an 11. The 11 seemed a tiny bit loose on me. I happened to see these same boots at a chain shoe store and tried a 10. While it was nice and snug, the back dug into my Achilles tendon and was pretty painful. So add me to the list of customers wanting Boggs to make half-sizes and suggesting that you also size up when ordering.

* The upper part of the boot is very wide and not at all snug against my calf. It's actually kind of awkward. I can either wear tighter pants and tuck them inside of the boot, but have to deal with snow and rain coming inside of the boot. Or, I can wear bootcut pants and put the cuffs outside of the boot. The bad part about the latter is that my pants shift when I sit certain ways and when I get up, the cuffs will land on the top of the boot. It's not a massive problem, but it is an inconvenience to have to adjust the bottom of my pants so that I don't have skin exposed to the wind.

* They've kept my feet dry. I don't know that I'd say my feet were toasty with a regular pair of socks, but they definitely were not cold in temps in the lower 20's with windchill. Job well done by my Boggs.

* They are fairly large. When I put them on, I felt like the old man neighbor in the first Home Alone movie. They're definitely more functional than they are stylish, so I agree with other viewers that you may not want to wear them to a business meeting or dinner party.

* They feel totally indestructible.

* The treads were good for walking on slick surfaces.

All in all, I'd recommend these Boggs. There are a few design quirks, but I wouldn't have any reservations about telling you that these are a solid, functional pair of boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars The sequel was painful., March 27, 2013
ChiDesign (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I had a pair of these for two-plus years and put quite a few miles on them in a commute that included two miles of walking every day. Finally holes in the heel started letting in water. So I bought a replacement pair. The boot design appears to have been changed slightly- the size seemed tighter, and the heel area bit more sculpted. Most obviously, there is a black rectangluar BOGGS logo stump (see pictures) that was not part of my prior pair. I didn't think any of this mattered, and I assumed that the boots would stretch out. But the interior padding is stitched together along the back interior wall, and in the boots I received, the stitch string was very rough, so much so that the stitching ripped into one of my heels on the first day I wore it, leaving me limping home. The prior pair I had was comfortable from the start and had no "break in" at all. So I don't know what to make of this. My body isn't that different; the boots, to a certain degree, are. I sent the boots back; at this point I would only buy these again if I had a chance to try on a pair at a shoe store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, December 28, 2010
I purchased this as a gift for my son for Christmas. He is extremely satisfied, no more tying as they are easy on and off. They are warm and no slipping with these terrific boots! I would highly recommend them as they have everything you need for a cold winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bogs Men's classic ultra mid boot, February 21, 2011
J. Eastman (Plymouth, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bogs Men's Ultra Mid Waterproof Waterproof Winter & Rain Boot (Apparel)
I love my Bog boots. Easy slip on and off; warm; comfortable. Just the type of boot I've been searching for. Hard to find at retail outlets. Amazon made it easy to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bogs are the best., December 28, 2010
I purchased these boots right before the recent spate of winter weather- I am so glad I did. These boots have kept my feet warm and dry in deep snow and icy mud while I tended my chickens. I have been outside shoveling snow for hours and my feet were comfortable and warm. Well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Need 9.5 size, November 14, 2011
JFLY (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
The boots are soft, warm and easy to put on but unfortunately size 9 was too tight and size 10 was too big. I experienced the same problem with a bunch of other boots from Sorel that dont come in half sizes. They need to make half sizes.