4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but does run a little small

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on December 9, 2011 by MJ South Dakota

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but does run a little small, February 21, 2009
This review is from: Bogs Women's Classic High Boot (Apparel)
I love these boots! My feet stay warm and dry (something that my old rainboots failed to do-go figure!) and I like the simple classic look. They have nice cushy support on the inside and a thick sole so walking around on rocks isn't a pain. My only complaint is they run a little small. My old rainboots were a size 6 and I had to wear 2 pairs of socks and add a thick cushioned insole and I still clomped around like a kid wearing mommies shoes. The size 6 Bogs were so snug that I had to switch to a pair of thin cashmere socks or no socks at all. The length seems fine but the toe box seems snug. I think I have a wide foot and luckily switching to thin socks was all I needed to do. But if you have a wide foot or usually wear a half size, I would order the next larger size.

IMPORTANT NOTE: WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THESE THE TOE BOX WAS A LITTLE SNUG (SEE ABOVE) WELL MUCH TO MY SURPRISE THEY STRETCH A LITTLE. THEY NOW FIT PERFECT AND THEY ARE THE MUST COMFORTABLE BOOTS I HAVE EVER WORN IN MY LIFE. MY HUSBAND CALLS THEM MY "STORM TROOPER BOOTS" (STAR WARS REFERENCE) OR ELSE I WOULD BUY A "CLEAN" PAIR TO WEAR WITH MY JEANS. I'VE BEEN TRAMPING AROUND IN THE MUD WITH MINE SO I DON'T WEAR THEM INSIDE MUCH BUT THEY STILL DON'T HOLD AS MUCH MUD IN THE TREADS AS MY HIKING BOOTS DO SO THEY ARE EASY TO CLEAN OFF. IF I COULD CHANGE MY RATING I WOULD GIVE THEM 5+ STARS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots in the World, February 12, 2010
I moved to Michigan from southern California to go to grad school... and its winters like this that really make me rethink my decision... however, ever since I got these boots, I have been so much happier with warm, cozy, DRY feet! They are ultra flexible and have great arch support so you can wear them allllll day. Also, they are so stylish I can wear them with a pair of jeans... in fact, I haven't worn another pair of shoes since I bought these a month ago! BUY THESE BOOTS!! PS: I am a true to size 6.5 and the 7 works well for me, leaving room to wiggle my toes as well as the option of double socks on those extra chilly days. Stay warm :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Warm, August 5, 2009
Travel Fanatic (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
These boots are very comfortable and warm. I purchased them for a trip to the Artic Circle. We did some hiking and the boots were very comfortable. They fit true to size. I would reccomend that if you are a 1/2 size to go up to the next size. The temperature was approximately 32 degrees and we were in and out of zodiac boots in the cold water. My feet stayed warm and dry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 9, 2011
This was my third pair of BOGs that I've owned. For some reason these boots didn't last one month...they started splitting where the seams come together at the toe and up toward the middle of the boot. I wear them just about everyday in the late winter and spring so I use them a lot. However, they do not stand up like previous pairs. In my opinion try other brands too, I will next time

4.0 out of 5 stars 100% Waterproof is true, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Bogs Women's Classic High Boot (Apparel)
I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I bought this pair of Bogs on October 2012 and gave good use throughout 2012-2013 winter. The boots proved to be 100% waterproof! I was knee deep in snow, shoveling for 2-3 hours and my Bogs kept my feet dry and toasty (I wore a pair of ski socks as well). I also wore my boots near Maine's freezing shore during November ( I know, I just had to test them!) and even stepped on freezing waters for a good 30 minutes (calf deep) and my feet were well protected. That's when I knew this was a great product. The only con is that you will need to be careful when walking over ice or slippery rocks because even though the boots have traction, I found myself iceskating for a second. Just watch out for the ice. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bogs boots, April 14, 2010
Erica Brown (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews
I am beyond happy with the product and seller. The boots arrived in record time, with many pre-arrival emails detailing shipping, when they were scheduled to leave the warehouse and when they had left the warehouse. Before I knew it, they were at the side door and being unpacked.

They are wonderful - not incredibly lightweight, but this is an added advantage as they also provide weight-training. They look great, are incredibly warm, and completely waterproof. Unfortunately, they don't make dinner, but Bog can work on that. They look like riding boots but don't need to be polished, don't get scuffed, and are good in minus 30 weather. Bogs are a perfect combo of sleek and rugged and look great with skirts and jeans alike. They bring a touch of "just off to the fields to look for those little lambs and bring them back to the barn" as you set off for work or errands. And they were discounted. To boot.

Erica Brown, Montreal

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but....., November 1, 2008
Boot Classichigh Women Blk S8
The boot is great but the size 8 was a tad short and hurt my toes. I gave them to my daughter and ordered a 9 and they are a tad big (but I'm keeping them). An 8.5 would have been perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boot I've Ever Owned, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Bogs Women's Classic High Boot (Apparel)
I was really getting tired of cold wet feet. Every winter boot I had owned had issues. Either they were comfortable but not warm enough. Others kept my feet dry but were too heavy. After almost slipping and falling with my child in my arms trying to avoid a puddle I decided that I really needed a good boot. I did some research and Bogz had good reviews for both keeping your foot dry and warm. They did not disappoint. They are so easy to slip on (even hands free.) I can walk through icy slush and I don't feel a thing. They keep my feet warm. They are also very comfortable. I don't think they look too bad either. For best results, I find that you need to start with a warm foot to have your feet stay warm in your boot. I would say it is like a thermos in that regard, it will maintain the temperature of what you put in it. I wear them with a wool sock and I'm in toasty foot bliss. The best part is I can just hose them off come spring and they will look good as new. Really the only bad thing is that if I'm indoors for a while with these boots on they get too warm. I wear an 8.5 and I purchased a 9 and found the fit to be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, March 20, 2010
The boots are great, I'm a paramedic and I am using them to work my shift. Very comfortable to work in and my feet are warm and dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light boot for cold days in the barn, January 15, 2013
This boot is light weight and comfortable for walking all day in. It is rated to -40 degrees, but when it is only -10, I find my toes being cold (however they are not miserably cold). This picture looks like the rubber part is all the way up to the mid calf, but is only ankle high. I wish I would had gotten the other boot that the outer rubber coating is higher, especially for working in stalls.
Even though, these boots are water proof, easy to clean up and are great to have during this bitter cold and wet winter month.
Excellent value!