Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: Large|Change

on October 20, 2010
I was wearing the Adventure Pants under standard denims when I lost the bike in a gravel laden hairpin turn and went down doing about 40mph and log-rolled to a stop. The only injuries I sustained were a bruised hip bone and a minor laceration on one knee. If it weren't for the Bohn Armor, I'm sure my hip would be broken and I don't want to think about what my leg would look like after being pinned momentarily under a sliding bike. I'll be ordering the shorts soon to augment my racing leathers which have very little in the way of hip/butt/thigh armor. Great products.
on July 10, 2013
I was torn between ordering these or ordering the Draggin' brand that is all kevlar. I decided to go with this brand/pair because they would fit a bit more snug and provide some impact protection as well as prevent road rash. When I received the pants they had two large pads that weren't installed and after looking over the paperwork provided, I realized they were the thigh pads. I went ahead and installed them and they didn't seem to effect the look/feel much.

So with relatively thin/cheap jeans you can't see the pads unless you are looking really hard and lets face it, if someone is looking that hard they have other issues. The knee pads do move a little on my skinny legs, however, when I got on the saddle, they seemed to lock right into place. Even in an accident situation, they don't move enough to leave any of the major parts unprotected.

The only thing I wish they had done different is all the freaking tags and stitching around the waistband is very scratchy. Not sure how they intended that to work but I just roll the top over on itself and that seems to work really well. I might throw an under-armor shirt on that I can tuck under the top of these at some point for cooler weather riding.

These were pricy but if you look at the cost of buying jeans that are made for riding, you are going to be well north of $100 anyhow and these can be worn with any pants that are long enough to be comfortable on the saddle.

I will report back after a few months of riding in the heat, but after being out in the 80s I didn't notice a huge difference in the temperature.
on November 24, 2010
I wore a pair of these adventure pants for 2 years before I needed their protection. They are super comfortable and really do fit under my normal jeans. The protection they offer is superb! I went down on the freeway going 70mph and landed on my left knee. The knee pad saved my knee as it hit and then scraped along the pavement. The CHP who saw the incident were amazed that I stood up immediately after the wreck and was able to jog to safety. Upon removing my gear I saw that about 1/2" of the knee pad had worn off. That's 1/2" of flesh and bone that were spared! A week later I'm still bruised but my knee is intact. I'm buying a new pair of these pants -- I'll never ride without them.
66 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
With the greying of the driving public, the reality is not "if" you are going to go down but "when" you are going to dump your bike.Body armor has become an essential part of riding right there with a helmet. When coupled with a spine protector, the experienced rider has reduced his or her chance of serious injury in the event of an accident. I rode the Florida Keys in 85 degree weather. The Lycra material is cool while riding and the armor plates stay in place an are neither cumbersome or noticeable under jeans. The unfortunate reality is that riding has become a trade-off between wearing the right amount of safety gear and the freedom we are use to feeling.
on November 22, 2010
I'm a full-time motorcycle journalist and test stuff all the time. These are quality items that are quite unique in purpose and design. I see so many riders wearing ordinary cotton blue jeans and they have no idea how quickly there get shredded in even a low-speed crash. The Bohn products fill a need for protection under ordinary clothes for casual riders who otherwise would not have any significant protection. They can also be worn under leathers that don't have padding in vital areas, allowing you to keep wearing that favorite jacket or pants, gaining safety without spending a lot of money for new outer gear.
on January 3, 2013
I have worn my Bohn pants several times since I purchased them and I am fully satisfied with them. I don't like the bulkiness of adventure pant and the Bohn pants enables me to feel my F650GS better. I can get on and off easier, I can maneuver better and walk better.

Try them you will like them.
on October 31, 2014
On the good side, they fit under my regular pants easily. There are two things that concern me. The knee pads rotate on me. Their instructions say that you can preload the fabric, but I think the real problem is that Lycra is slippery. I don't feel confident the pads would be in the right place if I had an impact.

Also, these need full Kevlar lining in order for me to be happy with the product/price. Without that, I don't feel like I can go out and ride with ordinary pants over them, which was the whole point.
on July 11, 2009
First review: "I wore mine a few times, it's been hanging in the closet ever since. It's terribly hot to wear, and the lycra is so stretchy there's no way the pads will stay in place when you hit the pavement."

Second: "That was my original review. I'm giving this product another try. I bought another shell, this time two sizes smaller than the one I bought before. The pads seem more secure now, not so easily moved around. And this time I bought the mesh shell ("cool air," I think they call it). The solid lycra shell was VERY uncomfortable in all but the coldest weather. I haven't worn the cool-air setup in hot weather yet, but in 60-degree weather it felt fine. You'll perspire under the pads but it seems you actually get a bit of evaporative cooling from it. The solid lycra shell is intolerable in 60 degree weather. It feels like wearing a plastic bag."

Third: I never could get used to this gear. Now it has a second shell to keep it company gathering dust in the closet.
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2015
These are perfect! They fit under my normal jeans and are made really well. I'm 6'1" and got the XL. They are slightly loose so I should've gotten the large to help them stay in place a little better.
I wear them everywhere & feel 100 times safer. I ride a sport bike and don't even realize I have them on have of the time.
on February 8, 2016
Bought these as a gift for my wife. When we ride we like to be safe. After trying several motorcycle pants with protective pads I was uncomfortable with the protection as the pads could shift around as a result of the length (I have short legs) and looseness of the pants. I previously purchased the Bohn Body armor for myself and was so pleased with the way the pads stayed positioned on a long day in the saddle that I bought these for her. We now truly feel protected.