- Audio Cassette
- Publisher: Listening Library
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1400099382
- ISBN-13: 978-1400099382
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Bollywood Babes Audio, Cassette
|New from||Used from|
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
Things I liked:
1. The author obviously had an authentic knowledge of life in a mostly desi community in England. Because I am not from England, I had a pretty hard time in the beginning understanding some of the slang, how neighborhoods related to each other, and even that most of the anglicized names in the book were referring to other desi kids, but that is okay because the book does not apologize or over explain these things. You have to just figure it out as you go along.
2. The storylines were good for its young adult audience, although I would say that the it would be more for the 12-14 year old set, rather than the 15-18 year olds.
3. I liked how the last book of the trilogy ended with good closure, but leaving enough room that if she were to write another book, it would be okay.
Things that could have used some improvement:
1. Similar to another reviewer, I also had a little bit of a hard time, especially in the first book, figuring out the difference between the three main characters, or even basics about who was oldest, etc. By the third book, it was simple to differentiate in my head, but maybe setting a LITTLE more context would be good.
2. The book sometimes jumped from 'scene' to 'scene' without any warning (in the middle of a paragraph). I don't know if it is because the e-book formatting was poor or not, but in one example, the girls are at a store with an elderly person, and in the next sentence, the main character is waking up a few days later with an idea.Read more ›