Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 6, 2012
I bought the series after reading a peek of the first book. I usually enjoy series books like this and prefer to buy all at once if I can. I have made it through the first 2 books and started the third. The story lines are enjoyable and the characters are funny. Overall it would be a solid series except for the fact that at least books 2 and 3 appear to be early drafts. I rarely review books or products, but by the middle of the 2nd book, I went looking for the way to write a review to warn others. It is possible that the stand alone versions are better, but I did not purchase them so I can't attest here. The second book has huge errors in sentence structure with misplaced commas (often with periods after) and double letters often both capped and lower case. I'm a person who can live with a few typos and some grammar issues, but this level of errors almost made the book unreadable. The third book is in multiple fonts from the beginning; some italic, some not, some upper case, some not, and lots of extra spaces and punctuation.

Here are some actual sentences from the 2nd book to give you an idea of what is wrong with this copy. "I found stuff on selling your retail, non-profit, I i nternet, wholesale and general services companies. There was g G uerrilla m M arketing, and other crap..."
"Great! how about Taschetta's at eight o'clock 8 ? "

After reading the 2nd book, I think that this book looks like it was redlined, but both the original and the redlining text were kept. So words that were supposed to be upper case ended up being upper case then lower case then the rest of the word, all with spaces between. Same goes for Mr. where it should have been Dr. It ends up being, M D r. in the book. all the numbers are both spelled out and numeric. Finally, each time you have a comma before a quote, it is followed by a space then a period then another space then the quotes. Strangely you can actually see the pattern and get used to it after a while, but it is a real shame.

If you're ok with reading a sentence a few times to make sure you'll get the gist, then they're an enjoyable series of books for reading by the pool. If a few typos usually gets you in an uproar, you should probably skip these or see if the paper (or individual book) versions are better.
66 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
I found the first book in the series free online and was hooked from the first page. Each book follows a different member in the family on their adventures in the family business and in their pursuit of romance. I finished all the books in less than a week.
on September 19, 2012
I actually read the first book for free. I then went looking for the second and stumbled upon the box set, I decided it was a better deal and totally worth it. I'm just about finished with the second book and, l love what this author has come up with. I really love how the author has continued the story by writing each book about the different family members. It's a funny and entertaining read and just when I think I might know how it will all go down I'm thrown for a loop. I'm constantly talking about the books to people I know and telling them they have to read them. I'm normally a person who reads fantasy but this author has done the impossible and made me like mystery.
on August 3, 2012
These books rock! Hands down my favorite series of all time. So funny, so clever, and just the right mix of edge and romance. I could not put them down!
on February 11, 2013
I am rating this after only having finished the first two novels in this box set. If the remaining three are even half as good as the first two, it is definitely time well spent reading, and at this price, it could only be better if it were free!

I was reading in the waiting room while waiting to see the doctor and was laughing out loud. Entertaining, funny, decent writing; seriously worth the money at full price!
on February 11, 2013
These are simply the best ever read. I bought them and then put them on the kindle my mom uses and she is crazy about them. She laughs and and laughs about the funny family quirks and things that they do. They are great and worth the time and money.
on August 6, 2012
Wow, I don't know if the first book in the set looked bad because it was fine as sold separately. the formatting is a big mess and the third book has a dreadful font on top of that. Somebody ought to care about this. It was not just in a few places. ; I it was very D distracting ing.
Otherwise, the stories are quite fun and a good light read. Love the Bombay family.
on January 2, 2013
<mrs.featherpicker reviewing here>

I used to hate doing book reports.Had I been given stories like these I would have been in Heaven. I had already gotten the first one "'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy" and was completely hooked. Read it straight through to the end. I came across this set and while I now have 2 of that title I also have the rest! I have been reading non stop and just finished them today. No one, but NO one has ever gotten me hooked like that before. Action, mystery, thriller, suspense, romance (ahhh, yes! But done so nicely and not over done.) I have laughed, sat here and read and shook my head at the antics and comments between the character and reader, and as each story completed its journey I could sigh, hating it ending but felt good at the way it ended. I am definitely a Leslie Langtry fan for good.
on September 6, 2012
5 books for 9.99? I really loved these books. I thought it was an original story line in the Romanov comody genre. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for something funny and light hearted. If you're a Janet Evanovich fan you'll be a Leslie fan as well.
on February 27, 2013
Unbelievably funny. The quotes at the beginning of each chapter are worth the price of the set. I have soooo enjoyed these books. Please note that all typos discussed in early reviews were fixed by the time I read this set of books in February 2013. I will definitely look for this author again. Leslie Langtry must have a very strange way of looking at life and it comes out in these hilarious stories. I'm a quiet person and my normal "out loud" laugh is a bit of a chuckle, but each of these books about Virginia, Dakota, Liverpool, Mississipi, Coney Island, and all other the other place-named Bombays made me laugh out loud (thereby, unintentionally, scaring my dog!).