5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with product
I purchased this after breaking two of the Bodum presses (they shatter easily). It's an improvement over the other Bonjour plastic press which received low reviews for not being durable. I like it much better than the Bodum. Both of the Bodum (3 cup) presses leaked a little from the bottom when pouring. This is perfect for ONE delicious mug of coffee,and I like the fact...
Published on December 21, 2010 by Susan P. Grace

3.0 out of 5 stars LAZY SOLUTION TO BETTER COFFEE
Here's how I approached the decision to buy this product:
* Don't like the free coffee available at work
* Too cheap to buy a single-cup brewing station (and I hear they're big and loud)
* BUT, not interested in boiling water and grinding coffee every day
* And, don't like hand-washing things
Basically, I'm really lazy! Guess what, this French...
Published on April 8, 2011 by Nick85NY

‹ Previous | 19 10 1124 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 6 months, January 12, 2014
Michael Ellery (Blacksburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
It worked well for a while but the rubber seal around the filter broke off and is now stuck at the bottom of the press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, but small, January 10, 2014
This review is from: BonJour Ami-Matin Unbreakable BPA Free with Flavor Lock Brewing French Press, 3-Cup, Noir Black (Kitchen)
I am a coffee fanatic. I purchased this item to take on a cruise with me since the cruse ship coffee is horrible. When it arrived I was rather shocked!! It is supposed to be 4 cups according to the seller, but on the packaging it said 3 cups, okay no problem, but a cup of coffee for me is 20 fl.oz.!!! I know usual, but still that is my preference. I wanted to return it, but was leaving on my cruse so I took it. Well, it worked out perfectly on the cruise. The best part, it is so durable and easy to clean. Yes I do have to make 3-4 presses a day to meet my coffee needs, but that was okay, because my coffee was always fresh and I really loved it. I totally recommend this product, but be warned that an acceptable "cup" of coffee is usually 4-6 fl.oz.

1.0 out of 5 stars press doesn't slide in and out like it should, January 7, 2014
The press portion has a rubber seal that has to flip one way or the other to press or remove. It doesn't do this cleanly. You have to either pull hard to pull it up, or pull hard to press it down. You can imagine this would be an issue when it is full of coffee, or could possibly break the "unbreakable" (yeah sure) glass. I'm not even doing to use it - purchasing a bodum instead, which I have experience with, and which works MUCH more smoothly. Not worth the price savings

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect size, Doesn't last long, January 6, 2014
The one that I received was not big enough for even one cup of coffee even though it was labeled as a 3 cup.
Maybe three espresso cups. Either way this is extremely small.
I just poured my coffee this morning about eight months after receiving this press and the screw retainer that keeps the screen in place had cracked. It is made with inferior plastic that has become brittle with time. I have taken very good care to clean the unit thoroughly. It's never been in the dishwasher only hand washed.
Seems to be planned obsolescence.
Not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite piece of camping gear!, January 4, 2014
Jack Conrad (Hollywood, CA, US) - See all my reviews
What a terrific way to start the day out on the trail...nice hot coffee made with an unbreakable french press. Well the llamas and I will probably figure out a way to break it sooner or later...but if and when we do...I'll buy another one right away.
Great piece of gear!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I realized...oops, December 31, 2013
I didnt realize quite how small this would actually be when I ordered it. Its more like a ONE cup of coffee press. Also make sure you have coarse grind coffee or the filter will clog up pretty fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filter, December 19, 2013
CDisme (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
I have had other French presses before but this one has a screen filter so that I don't end up chewing on coffee grinds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price, December 17, 2013
needed an unbreakable coffee french press to bring to central america and this was perfect! the extra screen that helps prevent grounds from moving while pouring is an excellent addition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, December 13, 2013
I have bought this twice because it has broken both times! I won't purchase it again and can't recommendi it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great Not Terrible, December 12, 2013
It was extremely small. Mayyybe 3-cups if you seep it twice. Pours rather slow. But overall, gets the job done. Not worth the price. Rather pay a bit more for a better product.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1124 | Next ›