Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on September 9, 2013
This press was great until it broke. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and it was easy to use and easy to clean. Then one morning I made my coffee and when took it apart to clean it, half of the press that contains the filter was broken off.

I wouldn't recommend this product due to the poor quality. Spend a few extra bucks on a higher quality french press.
on January 25, 2016
Never once used a dishwasher, starting cracking in one month, broke completely in another. Don't go for cheap, just DON'T. Save your money on something good quality. Glass may break but 1- it's better for you 2-it's better than this.
on January 10, 2014
I am a coffee fanatic. I purchased this item to take on a cruise with me since the cruse ship coffee is horrible. When it arrived I was rather shocked!! It is supposed to be 4 cups according to the seller, but on the packaging it said 3 cups, okay no problem, but a cup of coffee for me is 20 fl.oz.!!! I know usual, but still that is my preference. I wanted to return it, but was leaving on my cruse so I took it. Well, it worked out perfectly on the cruise. The best part, it is so durable and easy to clean. Yes I do have to make 3-4 presses a day to meet my coffee needs, but that was okay, because my coffee was always fresh and I really loved it. I totally recommend this product, but be warned that an acceptable "cup" of coffee is usually 4-6 fl.oz.
on December 10, 2012
I bought this to take on a cruise knowing full well the cruise lines don't allow coffee makers in the staterooms. I bought a submersible heater to use in my coffee cup (also from Amazon and also a no no) then poured the heated water into this great little coffee press and voila! a fresh cup of coffee right there in my stateroom. It is light weight, compact and the press filter does a great job keeping the grounds out without filtering out too much flavor. It also tucked neatly into a insulated water bottle carrier for packing. It is a great buy!!
on May 2, 2013
If I had reviewed this product after one week, it would have received five stars. But after one year, and one replacement, and one additional purchase, I can only give it one star.Out of the three units, only one has survived and that's because I can work around its flaws (at least until something new goes wrong). The main issue is the press itself. The filter section is all plastic and will likely come apart (break) after some time. I think I've tracked down the issue: I run the press through clear water in the "unbreakable" container and that helps remove any remaining grounds in the filter. The problem is the tight fit of the press creates more stress on the filter section than it can handle, especially when pulling it out. After some time it will come apart. On my last remaining unit, I only clean the filter section with running water.
Secondly, the container develops spider cracks in the bottom center after a short time (weeks). This will eventually open up and leak. Bonjour now has a lifetime guarantee on the product but it costs around ~$6.00 to send it back and then you have to wait weeks to get a replacement. It's a lousy way to do business, and I will no longer use their products. When the current unit breaks it will be the last one. I've already found an excellent replacement with http://www.amazon.com/GROSCHE-capacity-removable-silicone-included/dp/B005MG4AF8/ref=pd_sbs_k_4
on September 11, 2014
After breaking a lovely glass french press, I decided to try this one. My first lasted over a year, with daily use, before the plastic showed signs of wear. It had been in the dishwasher n so maybe hand washing would have been better for it. This is the best way to get a single cup of really good coffee each morning!
on January 7, 2014
The press portion has a rubber seal that has to flip one way or the other to press or remove. It doesn't do this cleanly. You have to either pull hard to pull it up, or pull hard to press it down. You can imagine this would be an issue when it is full of coffee, or could possibly break the "unbreakable" (yeah sure) glass. I'm not even doing to use it - purchasing a bodum instead, which I have experience with, and which works MUCH more smoothly. Not worth the price savings
on March 19, 2014
Worked fine for a few months, then the actual press filter/thingy cracked. Also had a bad habit of coming unscrewed from the stem and dropping parts down my sink. Also, it's really tiny, this makes one actual cup of coffee--like, six ounces, not a 'cup' the way Starbucks has taught us to think of it--this will not fill your travel mug.
on August 4, 2014
I read reviews before I bought this. I was a bit leery to buy due to some negativity, but I am glad I did! I was on my way to visit kids and grandkids where no press was owned. This compact vessel arrived before I did and the taste of heaven delivered by it was greatly appreciated!

I brought it back home with me and it does not sit in the cupboard awaiting temporary use. I now take it to work with me and make my coffee at my desk. The flavor is so much better than the Starbucks bought in the hospital.

People complained of the plastic scraping off into the coffee. I have not had this problem at all. I always begin with a freshly washed container and press. If everything is clean when beginning, loose coffee should not interfere with the plunging effect. No loose grounds caught in the rubber edges, no scrapes in the plastic.... right?
on November 29, 2012
My wife bought this French Press as part of my birthday. We have a keurig - but the French Press is much quicker (and tastier) than the keurig. The keurig just takes up a lot of bench space and is expensive. I wished I had bought one of these first, instead of the keurig. Many coffee-shops use the french-press method for making coffee, believing it to be superior in taste (and a hang of a lot cheaper and simpler!).

Anyway, I had this particular model for about 3-4 weeks when the plunger part broke. I am sending it back for a replacement and will try to remember to update this post, as I test out the new one.

BTW - advertising it as a 3 cup is deceptive. It only fills up one decent size cup of coffee (or perhaps 2 small cups).