Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on April 8, 2011
Here's how I approached the decision to buy this product:
* Don't like the free coffee available at work
* Too cheap to buy a single-cup brewing station (and I hear they're big and loud)
* BUT, not interested in boiling water and grinding coffee every day
* And, don't like hand-washing things
Basically, I'm really lazy! Guess what, this French press still works for me.

I buy a pound of coffee at Starbucks and ask them to grind it for a French press. I keep it in two Ziplock bags from then on.

Each morning I put three scoops into the BonJour and use the hot water tap on our work coffee machine (see the customer image I posted). Wait 4 minutes, press and drink!

I rinse it all out afterwards and wipe with paper towels; once a week I take it home for a dishwasher cycle.

I'm sure that any coffee connoisseur would CRINGE at how I do this, but I'm not aiming to make the world's best cup... only to exceed the crud I am otherwise stuck with at work. I think the next best alternative would be to buy Starbucks Via packets.

***Update after 6 months***
Well I'm still very happy with this purchase BUT the plastic carafe is not indestructible. Mine has two cracks that originated at the upper rim and one is extending and becoming problematic. I'm fairly sure it happened in the dishwasher, though I don't think it was jostled around or anything. When I do replace this (soon) I will get one made of glass and I will get a bigger one. The size was not an issue at first, but this coffee is literally so good that one big mug no longer suffices!

One other tip--Starbucks will sell you a 1/2 pound of ground coffee, which is a LOT better for keeping it fresh. Be sure to specify that you want it coarsely ground for use in a press. Enjoy!

***Final update*** [dropping to 3 stars]
Threw it out. The crack grew--"indestructible" is a bold-faced lie! Can't argue with the price, but less than a year is not a good product life. The new one I bought is a glass carafe Oxo 4-cup: Oxo Good Grips French Press 4-Cup/17-ounce
review image
1111 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
I purchased this after breaking two of the Bodum presses (they shatter easily). It's an improvement over the other Bonjour plastic press which received low reviews for not being durable. I like it much better than the Bodum. Both of the Bodum (3 cup) presses leaked a little from the bottom when pouring. This is perfect for ONE delicious mug of coffee,and I like the fact that I could order it in a color other than black.
Note- ignore "3 cups" It's 12 ounces and actually a little less since you can't fill it to the top or you won't be able to press.
55 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
I purchased a red "3-cup" model and I am not sure what size of cups they used to determine that. I have smaller restaurant/cafe style cups, not large mugs, and this press filled barely enough for 1 cup. So don't be fooled by advertised cup capability. This press also lasted about 3 months with moderate use before it broke. The plastic for the internal press corroded and basically disintegrated so that it essentially feel apart. For the price, this is definitely not worth your money. Maybe if it was $3.00, I would recommend purchasing, and then I would also recommend purchasing multiple presses for replacements. Look elsewhere!!!!
on January 21, 2012
I purchased this in March 2011 and it worked well for a while. I used it about 2 to 3 times a week and didn't put it in the dishwasher so it has NOT been overused or abused. After about 7 months, it began a small leak from the bottom when I would press it down. I decided to order the Bonjour glass carafe to replace it because I wasn't having any problems with anything else. Now it is January and the whole press thing broke apart. It seems like the heat from the hot water was too much for it and caused the plastic to break. I don't understand why you would put out an item to make hot coffee and not use a plastic strong enough to handle the heat? It has not even lasted a year. I have contacted Bonjour's customer service and hope they will be able to make things right but just wanted to share my experience.
on August 31, 2014
I needed a press for backpacking. I use a larger glass press every morning, but I was not about to bring that into the mountains. I found this little guy and it seems to fit the bill.

This french press housing seems very durable, but the press portion does not. The cup is pretty small and barely makes my regular size coffee. I simply use my typical amount of grinds and then add some extra water to my mug. Cleaning this thing is kind of a pain, because the cup is so small. I kind of tap what I can out and then use water for the rest.

My gripe about the press durability is more related to the rubber seal than the actual press. I already had the rubber seal come detached from the press screen. It simply fit back into place, but it was a nuisance. The seal isn't great either, you get grinds above the screen, but the spout strainer catches most.

Overall, it is fine for occasional camping/backpacking/traveling. I would not recommend this for daily kitchen use. Stick with a Bodum for that.
on June 24, 2011
after a couple of months of use, it has a huge leaking crack in it.
not from being dropped, but from hot water.
plus it's made of plastic and it gets a nasty brown stain from the coffee.
not worth it.
on November 7, 2011
This coffee maker fell apart after a couple months of easy use. The screen on the push rod should be metal...however it is plastic and this plastic breaks apart. This is not the Brand of maker that you will want to buy !!!!
on July 5, 2011
I like this press. Its enough for me to have a cup of coffee when I want one and not leave too much to waste. Its easy to take apart and unlike some other reviews, I havent had any problems with bits breaking. Then again I take care to unscrew the bits and pieces carefully and wash them all by hand. Its not too flimsy and the coffee so far hasnt left any marks at all on the plastic container. There is no after smell if I dont use if for a day or two (which is rare !) and it looks nice next to my silver thermos mug.
on March 23, 2015
I buy plastic shatterproof french presses because I travel with them and don't want them to break in luggage. Glass carafes are so thin I have broken them often in the sink at home, too. So I always buy shatterproof now. This is just the right size for one or two espressos, which is all I need at one time. This one in particular though has a plastic carafe that dulls and appears scratched much faster in the dishwasher than the other brand I've used. It still works fine, but doesn't look so good. I do like that this one has a screen over the pour spout so grounds can never get in my cup, as with the other brand. I think the plastic could be a better material, but it still works great.
on April 1, 2015
Wonderful!! I use a French press all the time, and if you are like me-----trying to be REALLY careful with the extremely thin glass-----you know that at some point there will be an "oops" moment, and you will be scrambling trying to get a new one fast. This little invention stops the panic. It's plastic, BPA free....and those "oops" moments are now a thing of the past. Well worth the money!!