5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Consider Anything Else But This
I was looking at a little cheaper one at first then realized many people had problems and recommended more expensive one. So, I decided to purchase this one and I am so glad that I did. This is durable, very easy to use and flame comes out so strong at the highest position which makes your work a lot faster and easier.

Like someone wrote here, mine came with...
Published on October 22, 2009 by Julia G.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing
Published on June 28, 2010 by M. Samuelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Consider Anything Else But This, October 22, 2009
Julia G. (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BonJour Brushed Aluminum Chef's Torch with Fuel Gauge (Kitchen)

Like someone wrote here, mine came with full fuel. I couldn't see any air inside the window so tried to fill up and didn't go in. So I turned it on and noticed it had full fuel already. So, if you purchase this item, you should try using it before filling it up.

I made 2 creme brulee in 5" diameter dishes and used about 1/3 of the fuel. It hold enough to make 6 or more so you don't have to keep filling up. There is a small knob on the side at the top of this torch which I didn't know until I was done using it (read instructions!!!). It is to hold the frame so you don't have to keep holding the turn on button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Produces A Mighty Flame! Highly Recommended, February 25, 2010
The BonJour Chef's Torch is larger and significantly more powerful than the two other standard crème brulee torches we own. We use these torches in our home for cooking and in our our small business where we teach crafts. Here are my observations:

Pros:
+ Large Base; able to stand very stably on its own which is handy when locked on for hands free use
+ Comfortable Grip; the aluminum body is perfectly sized for medium to larger hands
+ Large Flame; has a good range of flame sizes, but lowest is still fairly high in comparison to other torches
+ Fuel Window; easy to see how much fuel is in the torch
+ Good Looking; this does not look cheap, which is good if using it in front of guests or customers (like we do)

Cons:
- Recessed screw holes on aluminum body are sharp, we filled them with modeling clay since it is unlikely we will ever need to take it apart
- Uses a lot more fuel than our other torches, but that is the trade off for the larger flame

This might be more than some people need, but it does work very well for our needs!

Highly Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 13, 2009
Great little torch. A bit larger than I expected, but that's OK. The operation is flawless.
Of note: mine appears to have arrived full of butane. Highly unusual for butane products; so check the fuel gauge before you try to fill it: it makes a mess when you try to fill an already full torch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, October 19, 2007
I bought this one for my wife and she loves it. It is easy to use and store. Now she create recipes just so she can use it. Filling was easy to.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything works smoothly.., July 30, 2009
i'm a professional cook bought this for home use..and on everything i've used it, it turns out really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Torch!, February 11, 2012
This is my first experience with a culinary torch. This thing is dummy proof. If I can use this with no problem anybody can. It has two safety's on it making an accidental fire almost impossible. The directions are simple and well written. I had to buy butane separately which is no big deal. Almost every gas station/ drug store sells it. If you look at the picture the black plastic piece on the bottom is actually a handy little stand. Overall, coming from a culinary novice with zero torch experience, this is a great, easy to use torch. I have been using it for all sorts of things(toasting marsh mellows on hot cocoa, creme brulee, but mostly melting cheese on um...everything) and haven't burned down the house yet. I highly recommend this torch.

5.0 out of 5 stars great home creme brulee torch!, January 8, 2009
I bought this as a gift for my home-chef boyfriend and it works great, creates a tasty crust on creme brulee. Easy to use and store, safety button on back makes me feel better about storing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but runs out of fuel FAST, February 19, 2009
Shellyse (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I've used it only twice but it's nice and powerful. My only issue is that it runs out of fuel really fast but it doesn't have a huge capacity anyway and it fills really fast too.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, June 28, 2010
I purchased this torch to use for Creme Brulee. Mine did not come full of fuel as other reviewers mentioned, so I was glad to have purchased a fuel refill. After filling it, it worked fine on the first ramekin, but continued to go out when I tried to use it on the second ramekin. I repeatedly tried and it just kept going out. I followed the directions and made sure the flame indicator was in the mid-range and even tried adjusting the air valve, but every time I use it, it just sputters out. The fuel indicator shows that it is full. I eventually get the crust I am looking for on the Creme Brulee, but it takes entirely too long.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lighter broke after less than 6 months - no warranty, September 30, 2011
The light portion of the torch failed to light the device after about 4 months old. I send numerous emails to the companies website and never received a response. Finally I called in and found that this item has no warranty, and only is replaced if less than 90 days old. If you purchase, just expect it to be a disposable item...maybe last for one refile. Other than that little issue, I loved it, but won't buy another item from this company to replace it.

ARRAY(0xa110e2e8)