5.0 out of 5 stars Bonanza

Published on November 3, 2011 by C. Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars Transfer quality, November 3, 2011
C. Carroll (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
I now have first season 1 & 2 and second season 1 & 2 and I've read some of the reviews that customers have written praising the picture quality. But to tell the truth I find the picture to be somewhat washed out. I had just seen the episode 'silent thunder' a week ago on TV land and when I got my set I happened to view that same episode again and it just didn't seem as clear on my DVD set as it did on cable. I thought maybe it was a defected disk but all of them were like that. Is it just me or does someone else notice the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonanza, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
Thanks to friends who have purchased the German-released DVD sets, I've seen many complete episodes that can't be seen here. When I realized seasons 1& 2 were finally available in the States, I snapped them up and have no regrets. The picture quality is good and the scenes don't fade to black too soon like some other older shows recently released and the music is true and clear. The commentary is a nice bonus that gives die-hard fans an inside glimpse of behind-the-scenes info we crave. Frankly, even without the bonus features, I'm thrilled to own seasons 1& 2 and anxiously await the release of subsequent seasons. Please hurry!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Review Applies to Seasons 1-3 Volumes 1 & 2 Each - Good Stuff Maynard!!, April 8, 2014
Number Six (The Village (of Aurora, IL)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
As I've said before and have been saying since Christmas, I'm enjoying Bonanza for the first time in my life! Of course I remember watching it growing up but I was really just in the room physically while my parents were actually watching and enjoying the series in 1959/60. I was too young to care about anything but the fast draws and would get up and go play in another room when the "drama" took over. By the time it moved to Sunday nights, I was really not interested and has purposely not watched the show since in syndication out of some misplaced snobbery about it being "my parents show". Well, now that my wife bought me a best of DVD I've found out what I've been missing. As a result, I'm buying the series by Season. I've S1, S2, & S3 of both volumes each and it's money well spent. I will buy more but might probably give up when Pernell Roberts leaves, but then again, I was wrong before so I may ride with the Cartwright boys right to the end.

The episodes were very well written and the guest stars ran the gamut from television actors to motion picture stars. I loved the episode with Ida Lupino (great actress and director as well. "Have Gun Will Travel" fans will know what I'm speaking about as she directed many of the episodes of that great series). As I tend to add before I depart; when will Amazon get the John Russell, Peter Brown "Lawman" series? I'm just waiting (however impatiently)

4.0 out of 5 stars Restoration a little less sharp than the other seasons., June 22, 2014
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
When I started watching the first episode from season 2, I couldn't help but notice there was something "different" from the 1st season; and then it dawned on me that the picture quality was not as sharp. I need to stress here that the quality is not "unwatchable", or "poor", or "so-so" or "okay"; it's just not IMMACULATE like seasons 1,3,4,5 and 6 are. I'd be interested in knowing why this is, but in any event, I'm happy to have this collection just like all the rest.

Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurryin Hoosier, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
This was a Christmas present for my 18 yo grandson and both he and his father are Bonanza "Nuts". Both gave this video five stars!! Thanks for a good product in this age of worthless junk on the market!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classics, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
My family loves watching these timeless classics together. My husband loves the commentaries with producer David Dortort and pictures of cast. We can't wait to purchase season 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 2, 2014
Lindsey R. Hoover (Waynesboro, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
Finally the "real thing" on DVD instead of these other DVD's with that horrid music instead of the Livingston & Evans theme. The picture is sharp and the opening NBC logos and promos are great!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This version has excellent review, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
Christmas gift for a daughter who never tires of watching the re runs. Also ordered the 1st season. Don't buy the cheaper ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family entertainment, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
These DVD s are great for all ages! They are nice to watch after a long hard day. Relax and watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars bonanza 2nd season review, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Bonanza: Season 2 (DVD)
great family show with really wonderful extras on the dvds...great price too..wonerful packaging to secure the disk and just like the great color used

Bonanza: Season 2
Bonanza: Season 2 by Bonanza (DVD - 2011)
$52.99 $26.99