Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 33% off the $149.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
|Price:||$132.74 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$17.25 (12%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1400W Heater raises water to ideal temperature
- Engineered for precise water and coffee grounds contact time1400W Heater raises water to ideal temperature
- Shower head designed for complete saturation and optimal extraction
- Brews 8 Cups (40 ounces)
- 2 Hour Keep Warm with auto shut off
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Bonavita Exceptional Brew 8-Cup Coffee Maker is a German-engineered coffee maker with a glass carafe that brews coffee to ideal coffee standards of water temperature, contact time, and coffee grounds saturation. A 1400W thermal block heater achieves proper water temperature quickly, and a separate keep-warm heater keeps your brew hot, with a 2-hour safety auto shut off. Get a perfect cup of coffee, every time.
SCAA-Certified Coffee Maker
The Exceptional Brew coffee maker is one of few coffee makers that have been certified for quality and performance by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA), meaning that the Exceptional Brew is equipment capable of brewing coffee to the exacting standards set by the SCAA.
The German-engineered brewing system features a 1400-watt heater raises water to an ideal brewing temperature (205 degrees F / 96 degrees C) quickly and efficiently. This coffee maker is engineered for precise water and coffee grounds contact time along with a shower head designed for complete coffee grounds saturation and optimal extraction.
Fast Brew Time
Exceptional Brew offers exceptional performance, brewing 8 cups (5 oz. cups) in just 5-6 minutes. A separate 55W keep-warm heater maintains coffee temperature for up to two hours, with an auto shut off feature. The easy-to-fill water tank has a wide opening and clear markings for exact water filling, and the unique boiler heater releases water only when it achieves an ideal coffee brewing temperature of 200-205 degrees F.
The Bonavita BV1800 Exceptional Brew 8-Cup Coffee Maker is fully UL Certified for safety compliance, and features a 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
"Coffee quality has been improving by leaps and bounds in the past decade. A new generation of coffee roasters from coast to coast is coming of age; they are incentivizing farmers and putting them front and center, not hiding them in homogenized blends. I am thrilled to be one of them! We are creating new standards for freshness all the way from the farm to the home. And we are demanding better brewing to prove how great our coffees are--in cafes and in homes. The Bonavita answers that call for home brewing.
At last! A simple, reasonably priced, smartly compact drip coffee brewer which belies its power and accuracy. The water temperature is hot enough to extract all the nuances found in fine coffees. The showerhead provides enough turbulence and coverage so the coffee grounds are saturated. The Bonavita comes with glass carafe or a stainless, very conveniently designed thermos. Time for simplicity with pinpoint sureness. Enjoy!"
--George Howell, Founder of The Coffee Connection and Terroir Coffee, and SCAA Lifetime Achievement Award winner
Top Customer Reviews
Note that this is a minimalistic coffee maker. It is fairly compact, has an unassuming appearance, and there are no glowing dials, no HUDs, no clocks. There's one control: the on/off switch. It has no timer. It doesn't have a brew stopper, so you have to let the coffee maker finish before you can pour yourself a cup (since the coffee maker brews so quickly, this isn't too big of a deal). You cannot navigate your kitchen at night by the light from this coffeemaker, nor can you signal passing UFOs.
Nonetheless, it makes great coffee.
|Length: 2:44 Mins|
The video captures brewing the first pot of coffee with the Bonavita and (briefly) how to fold a filter. It demonstrates pouring.
Today I received my Bonavita Thermal Coffee Maker and made my first brew with it.
First impressions: This is one fast and impressive little machine. No wonder it garnered the Specialty Coffee Association of America's coveted Certified Brewer Equipment award: one of only four machines to do so as of this writing. This machine makes very hot coffee indeed: I measured the coffee in the preheated thermal carafe right after brewing at 188° F. With a non-preheated carafe the coffee was 183.2° F right after brewing completed.
Temperatures during brewing were at 195° F at 58 seconds into brewing and reached as high as 205.8° F briefly at the 4:04 minute mark and at 203.3° F at the end of the brewing cycle (see photos). Brewing time was 5 minutes 48 seconds, so just under six minutes.
A photo is attached of what you receive with this brewer, and the list, like the brewer, is very basic.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
* Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker
* Bonavita Thermal Carafe
* Carafe Lid
* Filter Basket
* Bonavita "Brewing Perfect Coffee Everytime" Manual
* Small paper insert on how to clean the showerhead (the lid and showerhead are removable and can be cleaned in the dishwasher)
* "Bonavita Exceptional Brew" Manual
* Pink sheet of instructions for care of the thermal carafe, also known as the "Melitta insulation jug."
* Starter pack (4) of Melitta Super Premium Flavor Enhancing #4 Coffee Filters in Natural Brown
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Extra filters.Read more ›
This machine is one of only four coffee makers certified by the Specialty Coffee Assoc. of America for home use. The certification is based on the machine's ability to heat the water to 195-205 degrees which is the ideal temperature to extract maximum flavor from the grinds. Bonavita claims on their packaging this is the only coffee maker sold with a 1400 watt heating element.Read more ›
1. Buy freshly roasted beans.
2. Grind the beans immediately before brewing.
3. Brew with 195 to 205 degree water.
The brewer can only help you with #3, and although there are various manual methods you can use, there are only two drip machines that are rated to consistently deliver the water at the right temperature: the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer with Thermo Carafe and the Bonavita. I've been using the Bonavita for a month now, and I'm a very happy camper.
* The Bonavita heats the water quickly and brews at the temperature they claim. I measured the temp myself and it was right at 200 degrees.
* It makes a full pot (40 ounces) in 5-1/2 to 6 minutes. That's how long it takes to extract all the flavor from the grinds, so you don't want a brewer that works any faster. Of course, the coarseness of your grind affects the time. Too coarse and the water flows through too fast; too fine, and it bogs down and over extracts.
* It brews smaller amounts well, too. Just for myself, I make 3 cups (15 ounces) at a time. It takes two or three minutes and tastes just as good as a full pot.
* The showerhead design distributes the water evenly so all the grinds get to participate.
* The design is simple and attractive with a small footprint.
* I'm delighted with the lack of useless bells and whistles. The Bonavita's only "feature" is that it shuts off automatically. I'm a believer in unplugging small appliances when they aren't in use (let me tell you about my toaster oven experience sometime...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After having it for a few months (dont remember exactly), the water was not pumped up and not drained anymore. I opened it myself, and fixed it. Read morePublished 1 day ago by An Amazon Buyer
This coffeemaker is simple to use. The quality of the brew is excellent, it is clean it is without any taste other than the pure coffee that you choose to brew. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Reggie Horne
Have not been using it long water not coming out all the holes on head leaving some coffee grinds not getting waterPublished 5 days ago by robert finch
Horrible! Notice they offer 2 and 3 year warranty insurance. It is because they break. Mine broke within 6 months and no return. I would never buy this again! Buyers beware!Published 5 days ago by Colorado bookie
Simple operation, hot coffee, & you can see how much water you're placing in the coffee makerPublished 5 days ago by Brian Harhai
The coffee maker brews excellent coffee when it functions. Unfortunately It keeps breaking. Not sure what the issue is but it last less than a year then simply stops working. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Edwin I.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.