Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

82%
18%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 23, 2016
amazing record.
on March 11, 2016
I'm a bit old school so, it's a bit too much fuzzy to reach my taste. Technicaly perfect.
on October 8, 2013
In the compositions, arrangements and interpretations, Gerald Clayton and his musical partners have created an album of transparent beauty. I think that Mr. Clayton is the young extension of Herbie Hancock, and I mean that with high praise and respect.
on June 16, 2013
I am a true jazz lover and upon obtaining this fine cd I soon found another gifted group...It is very clean, and wonderfully composed music..Great to listen to in the car while just going on a trip to nowhere...
on February 28, 2013
This is some of the best music I have ever listened to. Really beautiful. It has it all and was recorded really nice. It is now in my top 5 best ever Jazz recordings.
on February 12, 2013
Wonderful CD by a talented pianist who plays with a lot of vigor and also quite tastefully.
I liked all of his compositions.
on November 24, 2012
If you're here... checking out this CD... then, most likely you know why. Buy this CD. This is not just one more CD... This deserves many listenings and then some.

I am actually writing this mainly to say that I don't understand the 3 star rating that Traveling Man gave this CD. I'm glad he shared his opinion and I love the fact that he has an opinion and shared it. That helps a lot. I think most people just repeat what others say rather than forming their own opinion. For me, the rest of this CD is consistent with the samples you hear... of course it helps to hear things in the context of the whole song... but, I very much think they're playing together, unselfishly and for the music and group. I am a modern Jazz drummer and one of the things I can't stand and that I'm very sensitive to is people playing from their ego. I can just shut my eyes, relax and enjoy this music... I'm not distracted by anyone's hot licks. It also doesn't sound like they barely pulled off each track and these are the one's that made the cut... it really sounds authentic... like this is how they play... and they play wonderfully. This really is so nice. Okay, that's enough from me... just buy it.
on November 1, 2011
The Gerald Clayton Trio has made a wonderful recording here. The music is completely engaging, original, and creative. Gerald Clayton's piano playing is superb! Beautiful, spiritual, tightly played. I also recommend their other recording, "Two Shade."
on September 11, 2011
A wonderful example of a young trio that works !! Gerald Clayton is surely the diamond here but also the rythm section works great , displaying great arrangements , specials and so on . An higly recomandable work , fresh and full of life .
on June 30, 2011
Gerald Clayton sounds great, by himself he gets 5 stars from me. I give the CD 3 stars mainly because drummer Justin Brown brings it down for me. I liked him on Carlo De Rosa's Brain Dance, and at least he was in the fold with the rest of them on that generally over-rated album, When the Heart Emerges Glistening, but Brown bugs me here. I'm not crazy about bassist Joe Sanders here either. In the notes Clayton talks about how they've come together, I say not yet. Both of these guys sound like they make Clayton play with them, rather than the other way around. It should be a shared experience, but the bass and drums should really support the piano, the leader. Sanders gets it better than Brown on this one, but there's too many times this sounds divided. Clayton plays so beautifully I would think it would be easy for the rhythm section to get right on board. To them I would recommend Billy Taylor With Earl May & Ed Thigpen, not to play the same thing or in the same style, but to strive for that unity. Sanders and Brown need to set aside their egos and get in the spirit, but they're still young. Clayton is young but doesn't need an excuse, he's the real deal.