Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2006 2:52:46 AM PST
dvrnhll says:
Bonds is a racist (he just wants to pass the white guy) and an admitted drug user (he thought it was flaxseed oil). Unfortunately, Selig is to gutless and desperate to hide baseball's complicity so he won't do a thing. Bonds' "records" will stand in the books without an asterisk but fans of the game will always know the truth. His legacy will forever be tainted.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2006 4:14:05 PM PST
Boy are you an idiot!! Lets stick to the facts, yes Bonds is a jerk and there is great speculation to support it. How do you consider him a racist, his best friend and trainer happens to be white, along with his friends, former wife and mistress, oh, and by the way, he has children that are bi-racial. Stick to the facts, its not about race, its about cheating, arrogance, egos and records...What we should really discuss is if Bonds is cheating, and the book supports it, how many others in baseball are also cheating..don't be so naive..Its not just about Bonds..The names, Sosa, McGuire & Palmeriod are but a few...the league is forever tainted...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2006 3:34:58 AM PST
dvrnhll says:
An idiot? Usually. I agree it's not just about Bonds and that the league, hell the game, is tainted.Christ, Giambi goes through all that crap 2 years ago, apologizes, comes back half the size he was and then swells up like a frickin' balloon at mid-season. There's no repercussions. Sosa, Palmeiro, McGwire... Ivan Rodriguez? Jesus! I still think Bonds is a rascist, however.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2006 9:43:53 AM PST
L. Chapin says:
Lots of players have been jerks, and Bonds is certainly among them...but cheating to win is unacceptable in ANY serious sport, no matter what the rules were at the time. The fact that MLB HAD no rules about steroids is a disgrace, but doesn't change the fact that Bonds, and many others, cheated the game, the fans, and themselves by using steroids.

ALL accused players should be investigated, and ANY case where it can be shown that the player used such substances should result in their removal from the game and the erasure of any records set while using. Period.

I don't think that'll happen, but it should. Baseball has been tainted by these creeps, and they should pay the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2006 1:11:19 PM PST
Jason says:
<Bonds is a racist (he just wants to pass the white guy)>

You do realize that Bonds can sue you for this, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2006 1:12:13 PM PST
Jason says:
<Boy are you an idiot!! Lets stick to the facts, yes Bonds is a jerk and there is great speculation to support it. How do you consider him a racist, his best friend and trainer happens to be white, along with his friends, former wife and mistress, oh, and by the way, he has children that are bi-racial. Stick to the facts, its not about race, its about cheating, arrogance, egos and records...What we should really discuss is if Bonds is cheating, and the book supports it, how many others in baseball are also cheating..don't be so naive..Its not just about Bonds..The names, Sosa, McGuire & Palmeriod are but a few...the league is forever tainted...>

Amen!!!!!! You just took the words out of my mouth!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2006 1:28:57 PM PST
Jason says:
The fact that MLB HAD no rules about steroids is a disgrace, but doesn't change the fact that Bonds, and many others, cheated the game, the fans, and themselves by using steroids.>

Then let the fans decide what to do...I don't feel bad for supporting Bonds and never have

<ALL accused players should be investigated>

I agree...but there are far more pertinent investigations that I feel should be taken into account above alleged steroids use in the MLB (e.g. the govt!)

<ANY case where it can be shown that the player used such substances should result in their removal from the game and the erasure of any records set while using. Period>

Not going to happen but I see your point

I don't think that'll happen, but it should. Baseball has been tainted by these creeps, and they should pay the price.>

Baseball is also tainted by rude fans as well. Case in point: Several Arizona Diamondbacks supporters booing Bonds right after his father passed away...if that isn't a creepy sight, I certainly don't know what is!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2006 6:47:08 PM PST
J. Pish says:
I keep going back to an associated event that no one seems to ever mention. I'm referring to the harrassment and the discreditation that poor Roger Maris received when he broke the Babe's single season record. Imagine, he was similiarly scrutinized for having the audacity to break the record during a time when the regular season was a handful of games longer. How dare he! What a cheat! Roger Maris forever carried the burden of feeling that the fans didn't like and appreciate him. It wasn't until some 20 years later that he returned to the stadium and received the recognition that this humble man deserved.

Now fast forward to this pompus, self-centered, juicer who legitimately cheated by injecting a foreign substance into his body proven to enhance performance. Not an ounce of class, not an ounce of respect for the game, not an ounce of regard to his unavoidable responsibility to be viewed as a role model by youth. He is a disgrace to the game, himself, and a society that goes further down the toilet everday.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2006 4:10:47 PM PST
C. Tibbs says:
Isn't it funny, at least to me it is. Any time you say anything to anyone about racism -- "I'm not racist, why I have friends that are (fill in the color). Just because he has had a white mistress doesn't make him pure. I too think he is a a racist along with every other dumb thing you can think of. Let's just hope he never reaches Hank's record. Nothing he does can detract from The Babe or anyone else. I use to be a big McGwire supporter but now I think he is in the boat with Sosa, Palmiero and all the others. Umm, maybe we could load them all in the "scum ship" and send them out to sea with no motor, no paddles.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2006 9:08:06 AM PDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought racist was defined as a person that discriminates against people with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others...fast forward to Bonds being pure??? Please...the two words could never go together..but since your on the subject..what exactly constitutes pure?? Bonds is a liar, cheat, yada, yada yada, but to say "it doesn't make him pure"...thats such a joke..and I guess you are pure?? Pure what?? Some of these comments are laughable, have your opinion, it just doesn't support any facts in terms of racism, in terms of cheating...well...thats another story.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2006 9:08:19 AM PDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought racist was defined as a person that discriminates against people with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others...fast forward to Bonds being pure??? Please...the two words could never go together..but since your on the subject..what exactly constitutes pure?? Bonds is a liar, cheat, yada, yada yada, but to say "it doesn't make him pure"...thats such a joke..and I guess you are pure?? Pure what?? Some of these comments are laughable, have your opinion, it just doesn't support any facts in terms of racism, in terms of cheating...well...thats another story.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2007 7:12:09 AM PDT
Dick Johnson says:
While it's true that baseball had no rules against steroids at the time, let's remember that possession of steroids has been a federal offense, a crime, since 1984.So Bonds is not only a cheater, more importantly, he is a criminal.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2007 9:51:23 AM PDT
The Dude says:
the only reason his trainer is his best friend is because he will go to jail for him without giving him up
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Game of Shadows
Game of Shadows by Lance Williams (Audio CD - March 23, 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (208)