Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on June 15, 2005
Though I have never read any of the more recent ghost story for young adult books (Goosebumps, et al), I did grow up as a huge fan of the Scary Stories series by Alvin Schwartz. And I must say, BONECHILLERS hits the coffin nail on the head! The author has done a fantastic job of crafting orignal spook stories with classic appeal. I highly recommend this great read for fans of the genre, young and old alike.
on September 24, 2005
These stories are all top notch. My favorite "Vengeance and Wrath" is haunting and original. A children's book, that is fascinating for both adults and children. GREAT!
on July 3, 2012
This is a good read for kids that won't scare them too much or creep them out. Even though I did buy this for myself and only picked it because I wanted to try something new, I plan on giving it to my oldest son when he's a little older. It was a fun and quick read and even has a funny little doodle on the corner of each page that my son got a kick out of.
on March 25, 2010
I loved this book! It reminded me of the old school scary stories, like the ones in The Scariest Stories You've Ever Heard, or Chilling Ghost Stories. They're definitely catered to older children, but a few of them are mild enough for younger kids,(ages 6-8.) My daughter wanted this book, so I purchased it for her and made the mistake of reading the first story to her without reading it first myself. She couldn't sleep all night, so then I decided to look through the stories first and found a few that were better suited for her. They were all entertaining for me, and I would recommend them to any adult that likes reading creepy stories. Children will also love them, but they are creepy, so just make sure your kids aren't too sensitive, or else you're better off looking somewhere else!
on March 25, 2010
I've always loved scary staries, even the ones that are directed to a much younger audience. I love reading these stories to my daughter or having her read them to me. She's only 7, so some of the stories in this book are a little too scary for her. I read them first in order to determine which were more suitable for her. The stories in this book are creepier than the stories in other books, like the Alvin Schwartz or R.L. Stine books. These are definitely true to their age recommendation, but I also believe that older kids and even adults will enjoy them.

Mr. D.W. Cropper, let go of the accounting job and get going with this! We need more stories like these!
on May 19, 2009
This book is really well written, the stories are interesting and can be a little spooky especially on a stormy night. He is very good at describing enviorments so i had really good visuals of what i was reading. And there is a cute little comic on the bottom of each page so as you flip the pages you see that little story unfold and its neat and cute!
on June 14, 2015
Great book for a great price! Love all the of stories! Some are more creepy than others, but they are all good! This is a nice spooky book for kids and adults alike and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I recommend it to everyone that's a fan of scary stories :)