5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing the rating up
This was a very good book for my seven year old who is interested in DNA and evolution. It obviously isn't written for a sixteen year old or an adult but that doesn't mean it deserves a negative rating. It is perfectly suited for the audience it is written for and should be judge accordingly!
Published on September 28, 2007 by whatithink

2.0 out of 5 stars Bones, Brains and DNA
I have found the book rather disappointing. I have given it an advance reading, before giving it as a present to my 16 years old grand daughter Giulia, but I don't believe she'll like it. Particularly the introduction of the two mice, Darwin and Wallace, does not contribute to a better understanding of the text - just the contrary.

Mario Baldassarrini, an 86...
Published on March 20, 2007 by Mario Baldassarrini

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing the rating up, September 28, 2007
whatithink "isthis" (Lansing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bones, Brains and DNA: The Human Genome and Human Evolution (Wallace and Darwin) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A super kickstarter for the younger child, January 21, 2013
This lovely little book... designed for the four year old child and up... has appeared several decades too late for me to set my daughter upon my lap and wonder as we wander together through its engrossing pages, appropriately illustrated for the audience targeted and beyond, helping the adult as well to connect the dots between those mysterious undefined terms that randomly appear in the Tuesday Science Section of the NY Times and in many other popular publications: terms such as genome, chromosomes, mitochondria. Nothing so warmly bonding and educational as parent and child exploring together the most important sciences of the day. This book will set the child reaching for more advanced texts which is precisely where you would hope them to go.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bones, Brains and DNA, March 20, 2007