5.0 out of 5 stars I can really see a big improvement
Published on October 11, 2009 by Dr. Wilfredo M. Viray

3.0 out of 5 stars not perfect
I like them except the shield on one of the bearings was partially pressed in, causing that one wheel to have more friction than the other wheels. I am referring to the red plastic shield.
Published 12 months ago by George Kong

5.0 out of 5 stars I can really see a big improvement, October 11, 2009
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
I replaced the stock ABEC 5 bearings on my Razor A5 with the Bones Reds I bought on Amazon just to see if it would really make any difference. To make a long story short, they are amazing! There is virtually no rolling resistance. They are so smooth and glide much longer than the stock ABEC 5 bearings. I am replacing the bearings on all the scooters I have with Bones Reds. They are so inexpensive as well.

If you are wondering which Bones bearings to buy, buy the Bones Reds if you have no intention of spending the time to clean your bearings regularly. Cleaning Bearings does take some time, costs money, and it is messy. I think spending 12 bucks a year replacing your bearings is just more reasonable. I will probably change mine every 6 months so that I always have a fresh set. Since my Razor A5 scooter only uses 4 bearings, I will spend only 12 bucks a year. In reality, there is very little difference in performance between the Reds and the Swiss.

But if you don't mind cleaning bearings, spending a lot more money, or you compete, then buy the Bones Swiss or Ceramics. The more expensive Bearings are really for competition where every ounce of speed must be utilized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, stop looking and just buy these., September 26, 2012
I've been skateboarding for over 15 years, and I've skated many different brands of bearings. There are very few products I stand behind as strongly as Bones Reds. They roll great, they're easy to clean, they're cheap, and they last a long time (especially if you take care of them). For the grand majority of skaters, this is as far as you need to look. If you're serious into downhill, then you might be reasonable in considering other options like ceramics or Biltins (which I also hold in high regard). In my opinion, these are the gold standard of bearings. You know what you're getting, and it's quality. I can't recommend them enough. I have a set that's probably over 2 years old that I still ride, you just gotta take care of them, which isn't very time consuming:
Pop off the shields and toss the bearings and shields into a vessel (I often use a mug) filled with isopropyl alcohol. Swish it around, pull them out, and dry excess with paper towel. Spin them and blow on them until completely dry, then add 1-2 drops of speed cream (3-in-1 brand oil works just as well, I've found). Put the shields back on and put 'em back on your board. It takes literally less than 10 minutes. I do this a couple times a year, or when they start to get really squeaky.
I wish there were other ways I could convince you of the quality of this product, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it. I encourage you to consider my endorsement a guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars All You Need Is REDS, July 11, 2012
Older Dude here (45)...most likely heavier than most, too (230 lbs). Started longboarding again when I turned 40 (call it a "mini mid-life crisis"). In any event, First new longboard I picked up, the guy I ordered it from recommended REDS (nice reco, dude). Put those in some Kryptonics 65s. Nice and Smooth, Quick and Quiet. Subsequently, have purchased and constructed numerous longboards since (around 6-7) for both me and my 10 year old son. I have used REDS on all except one of them. We're talking in wheels like ABEC 11 Zig Zags, Centrax, and Fly Wheels and Dregs Luv yo Muthas, as well as the ol' Kryptonics. The REDS are all still running Nice and Smooth, Quick and Quiet. Hate to admit it but I haven't even cleaned any of them, either...Still Nice and Smooth, Quick and Quiet. I don't ride everyday but when I do, my heavy Chimp ass is carving it up...putting massive stress on the REDS and when my son is ridin', he's not straying from puddles and rough road...guess what?...still running Nice and Smooth, Quick and Quiet.

To note, I just purchased a new longboard and decided to splurge on the bearings...upgraded to Super REDS...am not seeing any difference and the Supers rattle when they roll...going back to the REDS.

Unless you are a PRO or super-hero boarder, you don't need anything else...All You Need Is REDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bearings, Low Price, October 14, 2008
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
I ordered two pairs of these bearings and they work great, I installed one of the sets on my Original Longboard and I now role twice as long than when I had my abec-3 bearings.

5.0 out of 5 stars huge bang for the buck!, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
I decided to take out my ABEC-5 bearings from my ripstik... what a HUGE difference!!!! I can go up hills MUCH more easily!!! I'm extremely happy I did so. I had to google how to switch them out but it's not hard... if you are on this page click buy, you won't regret it! I did the same with a lower end ripstik and it rocks out too!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you don't know, you better ask somebody, July 14, 2006
Edwin (Hollis, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
i don't know why other companies even bother making cheap abec 5 bearings. everybody i know who can't afford swiss joints get these bearing. to be a competitor of bones in the cheap abec 5 bearings market is like fanta trying to get in on sunkist's orange soda game. it just aint' gonna happen dude. these things are so good and so cheap that I bought a bearings cleaner and cleaning solution, got home, looked a the receipt and realized that the money I spent on this cleaner and solution, I could've bought 2 new sets of bones reds. get these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bearings, spin well, great price, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
I haven't purchased bearings in years, but could not believe the price they are getting. These are a great price and spin well.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
Great bearings for longboards. I used,these on my long board and I wouldn't buy anything else. So I will give it 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars dont kid yourself, November 17, 2008
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
dude, if i had 5 skateboards, id load em up with these bearings, at under 20 bucks, man your getting your money worth, dont kid yourself, get these bearings, great bearings, built to perform

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bearings!, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Bones Bearings Reds Bearings (Sports)
Thes bearings are great for longboards and skateboards. They are fast right off the bat, but when they're broken in, man they're fast, pretty good price too, last time I checked they were 20 bucks at Zumiez. I would definately recommend these to a skateboarder/longboarder of any level.

Bones Reds Precision Skate Bearings