Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 27, 2008
This is very helpful. I love it. I had no problem fitting all 8 bearings on it, with the metal spacers. So I'm not sure what that other guy was doing. Anyway, yeah this thing really does work if you use the right non-water based solvent. I used Mineral Spirits to clean about 16-24 bearings, and they all we're really dirty & clogged up... couple this thing with the mineral spirits to clean they bearings, a can of air to spray it with after... and a couple drops of bones speed cream, your bearings will have hella spin.
11 comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
When i purchased this item I was thinking it was going to come with the solution needed to clean the bearings. Although it did not come with any solution it came with directions that explained what to use and what not to use. I ended up using alcohol to clean mine and it worked out great. The bottle makes it easy to thoroughly clean the dirt and grime out of a dirty bearing. For anyone looking to buy this item just understand it is only a bottle, no solvent included. Another thing is deont forget to buy speed cream to re lube your bearings after a good cleaning.
0Comment40 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2011
No matter if you are recreationally skating or playing roller derby like me, you should always keep your bearings clean and its hard to find a good way to do that, much less a great way like this unit. I got it on a lark to at least try it out and was very impressed with quality of the cleaning it did, usefulness, and simply how easy it was. I thought at first, (eh its just a bottle with a stick on the lid), but it truly does work) I like to use nail polish remover to clean my bearings (unfortunately since its water based, I still had to quickly dry the bearings after I was done cleaning them)put about 1/3rd in the bottle, loaded up my bearings, and started shaking it. After a couple of min... I opened up the bottle to find tons of grease and dirt floating in the solution, and this was after I did my previous method of the "coffe cup" and swirling the bearing in it.
So in short... this is a must have for any type of skater wanting to keep their bearings in great shape and for longer uses! Especially if you need to clean them alot like in roller derby : I highly reccommend!
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2008
Unlike the other reviewer I read the instructions and it gives multiple examples of cleaners you can use and if you use the spacers included everything will fit. I chose to clean my bearing with acetone and lubricating with speed cream makes my board go insanely fast.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2011
Why are people rating this product low?

I got mine in and have cleaned about 40 bearings so far.

It works perfect.

What else do you people want?
on June 25, 2014
There are pros and cons to this cleaning unit. The obvious pro is how easy the bearings fit on the device. However what many people including myself didn't realize is that it is just a unit. It doesn't come with cleaner. However if you are stocked up on cleaner, it is the way to go. I only wish they had something that held all 16. It did a good job cleaning. I wish it could have done a little more. I went for a typical skate cleaner and it did a good job in just 10 minutes. I would recommend buying it but do know that you have to buy the cleaner separate and also know it only holds 8 and not 16 bearings. Therefore you need a lot of solution to clean it!
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2009
Received new and in timely manner. A must have for expensive barrings. I used once and worth the money though you can make home made kits I am sure. Instructions that came with it help me on my first ever cleaning.
Good luck
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2010
I LOVE this product! I was skeptical at first because you could just clean your bearings in a glass or metal container, but after trying this product, I realize that it makes it so much easier, efficient, and faster to clean my bearings.

All of my bearings fit perfectly on the screw. I used Acetone as the solvent, shook the bottle with my bearings locked tight on the rod, took it out, dried the bearings with a compressed air can, put 2 drops of Bones speed cream, and it's perfect. Instructions came with the product, so you won't be clueless on your first cleaning.

It's definitely worth the $!
on April 24, 2014
Be super legit with this bottle. It is solid construction, does not leak. It's not entirely necessary though--you could get the same results with any old bottle. The value that the bottle provides is that it saves you from having to stick your fingers right into whatever you were cleaning your bearings with, because they are attached to the cap. It would be super easy to make one of these at home--you just have to drill a hole in the top of a bottle, stick a 6" long, bearing-wide bolt down through it and seal it up, and voila, you have yourself a bearings cleaning unit.
on April 21, 2010
For those of us too cheap to constantly replace our bearings, this unit allows for a quick removal of dirt and old lube.