Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 3, 2007
I looked everywhere for a "zaskaphone" for my four year olds birthday...he had wanted one for months. This is the only one that I found that was actually 100% child-wind powered. I has no lights or batteries, and was exactly what he wanted. Fun for kids to learn about instruments and toys that arent complicated and electronic!
on January 15, 2007
My 3 1/2 year old loves her saxophone. Mom loves it too thanks to it's great intonation. It has a whole octave that is in tune. It's not totally realistic in that you press each button separately to play a note so you are never holding down more than one note-I am a woodwind player so perhaps I'm asking for too much : ) But it's easy to play-my one year old can make a sound if I hold the key down- and the noise it makes isn't annoying at all.
on January 6, 2008
I purchased this Saxophone for my 23 month old son. Actually I got it for my 13 year old niece to give to my son for Christmas. She plays the saxophone well. My son loves music, loves to listen to her play, and loves to plunk on the piano and dance. I figured this sax would be a little too old for him but I still thought he would like it. He really loves it and is actually able to play some notes after just a few sessions with it. Given that I paid $[...] for this I wasn't really sure what I would receive. I have to say I was extremely pleased with this instrument. I believe they sell a variety of instruments and I would buy anything from this company. The sound is actually quite nice. The look too. As far as durability goes I'm not sure I've just had it for a couple weeks now. I do worry that my little guy will break it because he is so young so I tend to watch him carefully when he chooses to play with this. He has banged it around a little on the floor and tabletop and so far it has withstood that. Obviously this shouldn't be done. I would highly recommend this instrument to anyone who would like to inspire a young one to play an instrument and or experiment with music.
on January 7, 2008
This is part of our collection which includes this Saxophone, a trumpet, a clarinet, and violin. Our 6-year old twins have used them since Christmas 2006 and we all enjoy them. Not too loud and challenging enough to keep them interested (have to blow and hold keys at same time).
on November 24, 2008
This product is priced good for the quality. If you have a child that is rough with toys, this is not a good chose. My daughter is 4 years old and she really enjoys this toy.
on January 18, 2007
This toy/instrument was a big hit. My six year old nephew loved it, even though he is probably on the older end of the age bracket this product was intended for. It really helps the child use his mind/memorization, using color coded pieces and directions for playing popular songs.

Great product
on January 20, 2013
I used to play sax so wanted to get the grand kids started on the concept. Of course, for this price this sax teaches nothing in terms of fingering on a real sax. It is just a series of keys each of which must be held down while they blow into the mouthpiece. That is OK for a small child. My complaint is that if this is made for a small child, why is it so fragile? The "springs" that make the keys work are not even springs at all. They are the thinnest of plastic in the mold and are extremely delicate. As soon as one of these thin plastic "springs" break, the instrument is now worthless to try to play notes. Just as the kids were learning to play the most basic song, the spring breaks, making the whole thing junk. No, I would not again buy a child's toy that was designed to break within the first week. The only education is for me to know better next time. Optionally, I have found that some of the inexpensive keyboards are surprisingly well made and provide a great introduction to music.
on February 12, 2008
My kid loves this thing. It actually plays and you have to hold down keys for it to play a note. One of the more used toys we have.
on July 20, 2015
My four-year old son was so happy and proud to start playing saxophone like his big cousin. This is a great introductory toy and with the colored buttons, he was able to learn to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in a matter of weeks!
review image
on March 21, 2015
i naively didn't realize this would require the lungs of Louis Armstrong to make a noise with this little sax. My 2 year old cannot make a peep with it, which isn't all bad I guess. My husband and I can barely get it to sound. I had hoped this would be an inexpensive toy that he could easily blow.