Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Boochie, A Whole New Ball Game
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 8, 2010
I purchased this game and after 2 days, my girls (ages 4 and 6) officially love it!

It was entertaining to watch them play with Daddy. It is a spin-off of bocce ball, except it is completely laid back and filled with fun. Plus, it can be played inside, which is really nice for long winter months in Ohio.

We know that we were in for a good time when the rules read that the person with the cleanest shoes got to throw the boochie ball!

Each player gets a nerf ball, a plastic ring and a wrist tracker. You get points by being the closest or the second closest to the boochie ball. The boochie ball is 12-sided, and each side has special instructions for bonus points. You track your points with your wrist-tracker, which gives you special instructions on how to throw the ball. My youngest daughter loves the one where you have to make a sound effect before you throw the ball. My older daughter got a kick out of having to throw the ball while laying on her back.

The score only goes to 11, so the games are pretty quick, which makes it great for kids.

The only problem we have had is that one of the balls started coming apart where it had been filled. I stitched it up and it's as good as new!

Overall, we think it's a great game for the whole family.
0Comment|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2008
We bought this game before it was available through Amazon after reading a review in Family Fun magazine. This a terrific game for the whole family. We have three kids - our 7 and 9 year old can play (and win) with adults and even our 2 year old can feel like he is in on the action even though he is not really playing.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2012
Having no prior knowledge or experience with this game, I ordered this on a whim for my daughter's 10th birthday. It turned out to be a hit with the kids and adults alike.

DURATION: A typical game lasts about 15 minutes, a duration that prevents anyone from getting bored. I found the kids generally played a few games in a row, which gave more opportunities for everyone to be a "winner."

AGE LEVEL: Our youngest player was 5 years, and with some assistance tallying points and reading the instructions on the wristband, she was quite capable of playing right along with the older kids and adults.

PLAY SPACE: We have only played outside in the yard, but this could just as easily be played indoors if you have the space. The more space the better.

SKILLS & CONCEPTS: The game gives practice on several concepts: following directions, body movement, counting points, taking turns, estimating and measuring distance. The silly instructions (i.e. keep one elbow on the ground while throwing the objects) means no one is a shoe-in to win, and there is bound to be a lot of laughs.

STORAGE: One of the best features, from a parent's viewpoint, is that all the items actually fit back into the included vinyl bag! The storage feature, along with the color of the items, lessens the chance of any items being lost.

Overall, highly recommended!
on January 25, 2009
I purchased this product for my kids (ages 10 & 6) for Christmas to give my kids something to do outside. We just tried it out today and my kids love it!! Very active and very entertaining. Each person picks a color and each color has different instructions so you can change it up a bit and not everybody is doing the same thing. It can be a different game every time. I would definitely recommend this game to families.
on October 3, 2013
The grandkids were coming for two weeks & I saw this game on Amazon. Looked like fun, so ordered it. ( I love the quick respnse you get with any Amazon order.) It took us one game to figure out the fun twist. The key to making this game more fun than the normal Bocce game are the instructions on the score-keeping wristbands and the large marker die. You don't just throw the balls. You must throw "under the leg", or while "standing on one leg", and many more challenging positions. We played it indoors and out, and had a great time with it. Only downside is that only 4 people can play at a time.
on August 16, 2009
We had so much fun playing this game both indoors & out! We laughed & laughed. We had to do some crazy throws & it was challenging at times. I love that this can be played by any age & sometimes a win is just luck, not skill. That way it gives the younger ones a chance & remains competitive for all. You will have to get this, you won't regret it!
on September 1, 2008
This is a physicaly active game that my grandchildren love. They are 7 and 5yrs.
on July 20, 2010
This game is awesome. It is always interesting, and fun to play with our kids (Ages 5 and 10), and friends and family. The score wrist bands are convenient, though we need to help our 5 year old with the reading. It is portable, and we bring it in our camping trailer also. The optional rules on the score bands keeps it fun, and there is always something to laugh about while playing this game. (My brother misunderstood an instruction, and was bouncing the ball and hoop off his chest, caveman style- seeing this, the whole family disolved into hysterical laughter...) All in all, it is a good game for the family, and is a welcome addition to our outdoor games. It says you can play indoors, but unless you have a giant great room with nothing breakable in it, I wouldn't recommend it.
on March 1, 2010
Everyone that has played this game with us loves it. It is perfect for taking to the park, a friends' house, the beach - you name it. The bag is sturdy, the parts are sturdy and the wrist bands are perfect so nothing gets lost. Definitely worth the money.
on June 7, 2013
I got this for my grand kids, 4 and 6, to play in the backyard. Everyone had so much fun that I wished there were more than 4 colors. I looked for a supplemental set of balls and hoops so more people could play, but there are none. That is the only negative I could find. My daughter-in-law ordered a set for her parents' house for when they go back to visit this summer, and several friends also ordered it after we told them how great it was. I would love for them to create a pack of 4 different colored balls and hoops so we can all play at the same time.